Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
but not on steam until the 8th lol

get ready to throw down with lazily ported assets from street fight x tekken and a cammy recolor

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Street Fighter and 3d don't belong in the same universe. gently caress you Capcom for making GBS threads on a good thing.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
I thought it was coming to PC in a month or two?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Cyra posted:

but not on steam until the 8th lol

get ready to throw down with lazily ported assets from street fight x tekken and a cammy recolor

:cmon:

she actually has a completely different moveset, more similar to bison than cammy

also this game is anime

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Is it worth picking up? I haven't really played any version of Street Fighter 4, but I feel like at this point its well past its prime. Also this is pretty proclick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfz7WMryQNs

How hard is it to learn?

ROBO_ERECTUS fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 5, 2014

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
why wont these clowns just make a new sf

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

win

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
is third strike on steam, and yes im on steam but im in COD:AW. so can someone tell me

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

is third strike on steam, and yes im on steam but im in COD:AW. so can someone tell me

It's not but it is on GGPO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't played a fighting game since like, the N64 and I don't have a fighting stick

should i skip on this or

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I haven't played a fighting game since like, the N64 and I don't have a fighting stick

should i skip on this or

Fighting games are the truest games

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

Eonwe posted:

should i skip on this or

you should buy multiple copies of ultra street fighter 4

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I'm not saying you necessarily have to buy USFIV, but you should play some fighting games in general

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how do I get into fighting games

like I only really do PC games and I have a mouse & keyboard

should I buy a fight stick and if so, whats a reasonably priced one

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Eonwe posted:

Dont buy a $200 arcade stick if you're just trying to get into fighting games. Use a playstation controller or something

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

demons. posted:

you should buy multiple copies of ultra street fighter 4

Its a good game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
third strike...ftw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok, I think I can borrow a PS3 controller & USB bluetooth dongle from a friend

ill probably buy this then

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My copy on steam has changed its name from just Street Fighter 4 all the way to Ultra Street Fighter 4 OP, so I don't know what your talking about.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

The best way to get into fighting games is just to pick a game you like the look of and play it for a bit
Some people will tell you to start with a specific game, but honestly I started playing seriously with Skullgirls and I don't think that hurt me

If you have any controller that works on the PC that should do you good
You should only buy a fight stick if you realise that you really, really like this stuff and enjoy how a fight stick feels

If you really only have a keyboard to use, I'd recommending setting up your keybindings to be at least similar to the Hitbox controller set up:

The fight stick I have and most people would recommend is the Qanba Q4RAF, but again, only get one if you really, really, want one. Playing on a regular pad is fine.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

One day I'll get my Fighting Game Skills to the point where I can even reliably beat the CPU without button mashing, but alas, for now...

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

A cool drat horse posted:

One day I'll get my Fighting Game Skills to the point where I can even reliably beat the CPU without button mashing, but alas, for now...

Play real people instead because the computer cheats.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

third strike...ftw

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Seshoho Cian posted:

The best way to get into fighting games is just to pick a game you like the look of and play it for a bit
Some people will tell you to start with a specific game, but honestly I started playing seriously with Skullgirls and I don't think that hurt me

If you have any controller that works on the PC that should do you good
You should only buy a fight stick if you realise that you really, really like this stuff and enjoy how a fight stick feels

If you really only have a keyboard to use, I'd recommending setting up your keybindings to be at least similar to the Hitbox controller set up:

The fight stick I have and most people would recommend is the Qanba Q4RAF, but again, only get one if you really, really, want one. Playing on a regular pad is fine.

Nice wood finish.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

third strike...ftw

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Nice wood finish.

I think that stick is actually just a wooden box with a bunch of wires inside

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's a wooden box with wires connected to a Cthulhu PS3 edition controller chip.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

This my stick:

Some chumps complain about the start button placement, but as long as your not a mindlessly mashing it's fine

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't have a pic of mine right now but I think there's a video of me replacing some of the buttons after I spilled juice on mine.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Play real people instead because the computer cheats.

All my real life gaming pals hate fighting games because they're really bad at them, which I understand, but it's kind of lame as poo poo. Its impossible to get better facing input reading cpus and button mashing works on them half the time anyways so I sort of gave up.

I have soul calibur 2 on my ps3, mah gawd that game owns and I wish I was decent at it.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I don't have a pic of mine right now but I think there's a video of me replacing some of the buttons after I spilled juice on mine.

The perils of gamer life

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

A cool drat horse posted:

All my real life gaming pals hate fighting games because they're really bad at them, which I understand, but it's kind of lame as poo poo. Its impossible to get better facing input reading cpus and button mashing works on them half the time anyways so I sort of gave up.

I have soul calibur 2 on my ps3, mah gawd that game owns and I wish I was decent at it.

Many people play fighting game's on the Something AWful forums, and on PC as well.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
someone gift me ultra street fighter 4 and i will play with you

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
instead of sf4, which is bad, you should play superior fighting games on steam like lethal league

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I was also watching K1llsen's final match before retirement, during the video, and listening to the tekken soundtrack I think.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

darealkooky posted:

instead of sf4, which is bad, you should play superior fighting games on steam like lethal league

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what would be the point of making a new sf and spending money on development? shitheads keep rebuying the same game

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
even street fighter the movie: the game is a better game then sf4 because it's just a direct port of super street fighter 2 but with mortal kombat graphics and a new character who sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

what would be the point of making a new sf and spending money on development? shitheads keep rebuying the same game

I own Ultra Street Fighter 4 according to Steam and I bought it years ago.

• Locked thread