Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

what would be the point of making a new sf and spending money on development? shitheads keep rebuying the same game

I own Ultra Street Fighter 4 according to Steam and I bought it years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Many people play fighting game's on the Something AWful forums, and on PC as well.

Maybe I'll pick up another copy of SF4 that isnt on the 3DS (lol) and get destroyed by goons, and become a more powerful gamer in the process. I'm full of inspiration right now... hopefully my lovely integrated graphics laptop can run it

darealkooky posted:

even street fighter the movie: the game is a better game then sf4 because it's just a direct port of super street fighter 2 but with mortal kombat graphics and a new character who sucks

Your posts are seriously gay dude.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

I own Ultra Street Fighter 4 according to Steam and I bought it years ago.

They renamed vanilla SF4 to Ultra SF4 even though Ultra SF4 is a DLC you have to buy, in order to play Ultra SF4.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

darealkooky posted:

even street fighter the movie: the game is a better game then sf4 because it's just a direct port of super street fighter 2 but with mortal kombat graphics and a new character who sucks

:ughh:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

what would be the point of making a new sf and spending money on development? shitheads keep rebuying the same game

you don't know how video games work

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
have you guys not played the home console versions of the movie game? it was made by capcom after the trainwreck that was the arcade version and they straight up just made super turbo using the graphics the other company made

super turbo with bad graphics is an infinitely better game than sf4, because sf4 is awful garbage and super turbo is one of the best fighting games ever made

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

darealkooky posted:

have you guys not played the home console versions of the movie game? it was made by capcom after the trainwreck that was the arcade version and they straight up just made super turbo using the graphics the other company made

super turbo with bad graphics is an infinitely better game than sf4, because sf4 is awful garbage and super turbo is one of the best fighting games ever made

SF4's a good game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Nobody cares or wants to hear about the stupid rear end movie game.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

SF4's a good game.

for me to poop on

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

if you like sf4 it was either your first major fighting game, you make your living playing fighting games or you're just stupid and wouldn't know a good fighting game if it slapped you in the face

categories a, b and c tend to overlap

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For reference, "Darealkooky" was one of the guys who did a Commando simulwatch and would say things in the chat bordering on "Uhhh that's not how that gun works. LOL!"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In the Badassia one he might as well of been quoted as saying, "Haha... Get a load of these youtube personalities... Hint: Their really stupid! lmao!"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kooky vision, the ability to drop Da Real Kooky into any Simulwatch.

Sharknado: Lol... Sharks can't fly in Tornados. Stupid movie.

Pirahna 3D: AHahahahahaa, the CGI in this film seems very bad for this day and age.

Mortal Kombat: The acting is subpar... LMFAO.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Pirahna 3D: AHahahahahaa, the CGI in this film seems very bad for this day and age.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

darealkooky posted:

That's a pretty steep claim hoss

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Wormskull posted:

For reference, "Darealkooky" was one of the guys who did a Commando simulwatch and would say things in the chat bordering on "Uhhh that's not how that gun works. LOL!"

if you're going to cyber stalk me please at least get it right, I only watched the badassia stream

thank you

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Oh my god

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

anyway kof 98 ultimate is coming to steam in a week, play it instead of sf4

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
you can play it right now on ggpo

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

if you're dumb enough to buy ultra sf4 on steam you're probably too dumb to set your router properly to play ggpo

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
Is Ultra that much different from Super?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Iron Casanova posted:

ultra adds delayed wakeup (as a band aid to the balance problems of being at a huge disadvantage when you are knocked down in super) 5 more characters, and is more balanced than super

15 bucks for an upgrade :shrug:

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Kazvall posted:

gently caress you Capcom for making GBS threads on a good thing.

This is my thoughts re: all things Capcom has done in several years.

Possibly excepting Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

stoutfish posted:

ultra adds delayed wakeup (as a band aid to the balance problems of being at a huge disadvantage when you are knocked down in super) 5 more characters, and is more balanced than super

15 bucks for an upgrade :shrug:

I thought this was always there, smh.Is there any way to play 3rd Strike on PC online, I want to play some SF and SF4 is all I have right now.

Mach2 posted:

This is my thoughts re: all things Capcom has done in several years.

Possibly excepting Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma

Still waiting on that PC version Capcom.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Iron Casanova posted:

I thought this was always there, smh.Is there any way to play 3rd Strike on PC online, I want to play some SF and SF4 is all I have right now.

http://ggpo.net/

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

They renamed vanilla SF4 to Ultra SF4 even though Ultra SF4 is a DLC you have to buy, in order to play Ultra SF4.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
snk and arcsys fighters are the chosen games

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Casanova posted:

You don't instantly lose if a vortex character gets a hard knockdown

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

the console version of movie the game is not a direct port it's slow as hell and really bad

it makes sf4 feel like a fast

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
pomp my internet forum boyfriend, purchase ultra street fighter and gift it to me or i will helldump you on fyad.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
wait for the black friday sales you nerd

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

zen death robot posted:

i wanna see what happens when stoutfish posts in fyad

a 6 hour probation and being told to post only in the internment thread, possibly involving a funny gif

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

I thought they removed 3S when Online Edition came out.

Pomp posted:

snk and arcsys fighters are the chosen games

Don't like Arcsys games, but KoF 13 is the best 2D fighting game to come out in a long time.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Pomp posted:

the console version of movie the game is not a direct port it's slow as hell and really bad

it makes sf4 feel like a fast

are you forgetting how crappy pre turbo sf2 is when it comes to speed?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Casanova posted:

I thought they removed 3S when Online Edition came out.

It's under Street Fighter Tres now

quote:

KoF 13 is the best 2D fighting game to come out in a long time.

:hfive:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

you can't post something like this and not link to the download

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I can't find the stand-alone link for it right now but if you search for 'Tickle Trunk' in http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/140225/ultra-street-fighter-4-pc-custom-skin-thread/p312 you'll find it.

I'm not sure if the Asura and Bayonetta costumes are included in the 4gb pack but you can find them here http://aemods.pbworks.com/w/page/41162160/character-select

• Locked thread