Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Pomp posted:

the console version of movie the game is not a direct port it's slow as hell and really bad

it makes sf4 feel like a fast

are you forgetting how crappy pre turbo sf2 is when it comes to speed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Casanova posted:

I thought they removed 3S when Online Edition came out.

It's under Street Fighter Tres now

quote:

KoF 13 is the best 2D fighting game to come out in a long time.

:hfive:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

you can't post something like this and not link to the download

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I can't find the stand-alone link for it right now but if you search for 'Tickle Trunk' in http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/140225/ultra-street-fighter-4-pc-custom-skin-thread/p312 you'll find it.

I'm not sure if the Asura and Bayonetta costumes are included in the 4gb pack but you can find them here http://aemods.pbworks.com/w/page/41162160/character-select

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

third strike owns but whenever i play on ggpo ppl always ask me if i normally play sf4 :|

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

i played it in the arcade a few years ago and it wasn't bad but i couldnt figure out how to super :/ my impression is that people on ggpo think its simple and they think i play it because i dont do know how to do the spergy combos in sf3

Eleanor Pwnsevelt fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 10, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
SF4 is good but 3rd strike has way more fun matchups, and cooler characters. SF4 fireball wars or turtle v turtle is the most boring poo poo ever put into a fighting game, but if only one dude is a turtle or only one dude has a fireball it's pretty fun.

canada cup grand finals were some good rear end

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

i played it in the arcade a few years ago and it wasn't bad but i couldnt figure out how to super :/ my impression is that people on ggpo think its simple and they think i play it because i dont do know how to do the spergy combos in sf3

sf3 combos are easier though? no 1 frame bnb links, it just wants clean inputs :confused:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 10, 2014

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

third strike...ftw

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Kooky vision, the ability to drop Da Real Kooky into any Simulwatch.

Sharknado: Lol... Sharks can't fly in Tornados. Stupid movie.

Pirahna 3D: AHahahahahaa, the CGI in this film seems very bad for this day and age.

Mortal Kombat: The acting is subpar... LMFAO.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Pomp posted:

SF4 is good but 3rd strike has way more fun matchups, and cooler characters. SF4 fireball wars or turtle v turtle is the most boring poo poo ever put into a fighting game, but if only one dude is a turtle or only one dude has a fireball it's pretty fun.

the only characters in sf4 that don't have a fireball or aren't turtles are instead vortex characters

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

SF4 is a good game but it is painfully slow and a step backwards in many regards from Third Strike.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

street fighter 4 has Dan therefore it is a good game QED

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

KaptainKrunk posted:

SF4 is a good game but it is painfully slow and a step backwards in many regards from Third Strike.

it's a much snappier and nuanced street fighter 2 and it is good and cool, the visuals are nice and i like when dudes see the super coming and their eyes get all big

guy above me was pretty on the money with Dan

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Pomp posted:

sf3 combos are easier though? no 1 frame bnb links, it just wants clean inputs :confused:

that may be true as i've only played sf4 a handful of times, tbh i found it a bit slow compared to sf3, but i get asked all the time on ggpo if i play alot of sf4 so your guess is as good as mine

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

They should make a new alpha instead of making more 4

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Scyther posted:

They should make a new

Hold up right there little buddy. "New?" I don't think you get how Capcom works

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

They renamed vanilla SF4 to Ultra SF4 even though Ultra SF4 is a DLC you have to buy, in order to play Ultra SF4.

haha fuckin' Capcom

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Cyra posted:

it's a much snappier and nuanced street fighter 2

the two games are totally different

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

that may be true as i've only played sf4 a handful of times, tbh i found it a bit slow compared to sf3, but i get asked all the time on ggpo if i play alot of sf4 so your guess is as good as mine

it's a brazilian insult, they are calling you bad

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

KaptainKrunk posted:

That's how I feel.It's not a bad game, it's just not as good 3rd Strike.I'm still going to try to get better in 4 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVX2rRiiI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLja5p7rr-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Agoi3-2vxk

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It is a molasses fighter and 3s is very very good

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

stoutfish posted:

it's a brazilian insult, they are calling you bad

yeah i figured as much but they still ask even when i beat them so :shrug:

Stanley Tweedle
Aug 15, 2001

sf4 is better than 3s. sf4 is also garbage.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Scotty_Vicks posted:

sf4 is better than 3s. sf4 is also garbage.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
i own this video game and after 5 hours of playing have not won a single ranked match. whats a good character for a stinker of a player like me to learn the game with

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

hit me up if anyone wants to play third strike on ggpo

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Bloodmobile posted:

i own this video game and after 5 hours of playing have not won a single ranked match. whats a good character for a stinker of a player like me to learn the game with

instead of throwing yourself against online matches and learning nothing. you should spend an hour a day for weeks in training mode learning links, watching replays, and learning how to punish /execute against characters. look up frame data. git good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

stoutfish posted:

instead of throwing yourself against online matches and learning nothing. you should spend an hour a day for weeks in training mode learning links, watching replays, and learning how to punish /execute against characters. look up frame data. git good.

That don't work.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
learning how to block will quadruple your skill

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i support capcoms in-house mugen mod development

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bloodmobile posted:

Play against someone you know online who you can talk to for a lot of matches, instead of going to ranked, playing and losing one match against a good player and not learning anything because you can't communicate with them.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

hit me up if anyone wants to play third strike on ggpo

I always want to play Third Strike on GGPO. Whats your steam.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I always want to play Third Strike on GGPO. Whats your steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/eleanorpwnsevelt/

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Eonwe posted:

how do I get into fighting games

like I only really do PC games and I have a mouse & keyboard

should I buy a fight stick and if so, whats a reasonably priced one
do like the pros

use the keyboard

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

why break tradition?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
youll take my ps2 ryu anniversary controller when you pry from my cold dead hands due to my gamer diabetes

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
i don't remember that controller being good on release.

i wish you well though.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah it didnt really get used all that much
sf alpha anthology ruled though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Alpha 2 is my favorite SF game. 3 is good as well. The first Alpha game seems unfinished though.

• Locked thread