Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
something9999
Oct 7, 2013
Atty. Gen. Eric H. Holder, Jr. on Monday announced the creation of a task force within the Justice Department to combat an “escalating danger” from “homegrown” terrorists within the United States.

The task force will chiefly comprise leaders from the FBI, the Justice Department’s National Security Division and U.S. Attorneys. Called the Domestic Terrorism Executive Committee, it is a recreation of a task force formed by former Atty. Gen. Janet Reno after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. The task force fell into disuse after 9/11.

Though the original task force, which was little known, focused mainly on right-wing zealots, Holder’s version is aimed at U.S. citizens or visitors radicalized via the Internet. Holder said the government will continue to fight terrorists abroad.

“But we also must concern ourselves with a different type of threat. We face an escalating danger from self-radicalized individuals within our own borders,” he said.

“Now — as the nature of the threat we face evolves to include the possibility of individual radicalization via the Internet — it is critical that we return our focus to potential extremists here at home,” Holder said.

http://www.latimes.com/la-na-nn-holder-terrorism-task-force-20140601-story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Strategic drone strikes on Stormfront members. Go!

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
all these false flag attacks are finally paying off

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I knew they shouldn't have freed the Taliban Dream Team

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

death to america imo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
COINTELPRO

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

We did it guys

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Shhhhh I'm not ready yet! I'm still stockpiling!

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer
nWo invasion imminent

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Eric Holder just trolled himself, his own task force is gonna arrest him for fast and furious.

BisQuicken Deluxe
Oct 22, 2013

I've been saying the Internet is bad way before Eric has

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Best Country, lol.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

death to america imo

same

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

lets make more memes to kill children

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

that actually is a pretty hosed up quote op. I Love How the State and elderly sycophant media peeps can't really grapple with the fact that something like 93% of people think congress is a joke and the increasing delegitimization of the state. the future is bleak or bright i cant really tell. there's no way that this amount of contempt for our beloved plutocracy is sustainable

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

they're finally coming after slenderman

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

lets make more memes to kill children

does this actually work tho? seems like the kids just turn autistic

something9999
Oct 7, 2013

THS posted:

that actually is a pretty hosed up quote op. I Love How the State and elderly sycophant media peeps can't really grapple with the fact that something like 93% of people think congress is a joke and the increasing delegitimization of the state. the future is bleak or bright i cant really tell. there's no way that this amount of contempt for our beloved plutocracy is sustainable

It's certainly going to be a century to remember.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

<<radicalized by the internet quote this if same

GuyinCognito
Nov 26, 2008

by Ralp
Holder is a poo poo. I wish he would get terminal cancer or eat some sort of toxic bug. The power has got to him and hes gone insane. All he does is shut down doobie stores and send good people to jail. He's like Clarence Thomas but smarter.

I wish van jones was atn general. Holder is a coward piece of poo poo who goes against all that is wise and good. Van Jones would target the real criminals and act against the people who make America unsafe. Which is the gun industry and not some nebulous bullshit internet (aka everyone) to create a police state.

something9999
Oct 7, 2013

THS posted:

<<radicalized by the internet quote this if same

Back in the 90s I was just radical. As of tonight...I'm radicalized.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ordrakon posted:

Back in the 90s I was just radical. As of tonight...I'm radicalized.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
we ban for homegrown so SA is in the clear

Danger Doug
Jul 10, 2007
Surely the guy who greenlit a program to coerce Americans into illegally selling guns to build publicity of Americans illegally selling guns has America's interests at heart. We'll be fine.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

im terrist

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Good maybe internet activists will turn in to real ones after a few of their friends have been waterboarded

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Robo Reagan posted:

Good maybe internet activists will turn in to real ones after a few of their friends have been waterboarded

hopefully theyll all be waterboarded to death immediately

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

and finally they came for the poo poo posters and when i tried to speak up all i could say was "im gay"

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

praise be allah :)

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Troll Bridgington posted:

Strategic drone strikes on Stormfront members. Go!

Round up the freepers as well.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*calls someone a human being & threatens to kill them during a league of legends match*

*is arrested and sent to the fed for 20 years on terror charges*

legit positive change, thanks obama

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Robo Reagan posted:

*calls someone a human being & threatens to kill them during a league of legends match*

*is arrested and sent to the fed for 20 years on terror charges*

legit positive change, thanks obama
Be sensitive to potentially triggering, heteronormative, cissexist microaggressions while simultaneously telling your so-called allies to kill themselves

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sabel posted:

Be sensitive to potentially triggering, heteronormative, cissexist microaggressions while simultaneously telling your so-called allies to kill themselves

i understood some of these nouns

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I'm cool with League of Legends players being sent to prison.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
is "we" implying i'm someone radicalized by the internet, like you, OP?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm cool with League of Legends players being sent to prison.
They would be a terrifying prison gang. They could easily out-micro the Aryan Brotherhood with their superior APM.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

I'm cool with Star Citizen backers being sent to prison.

ftfy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rent-A-Cop posted:

They would be a terrifying prison gang. They could easily out-micro the Aryan Brotherhood with their superior APM.

lol they'd all head to the library to play league on the 2-3 1980's computers and they'd try to talk poo poo about how they're in prison and could kick peoples asses irl but nobody would believe them because its the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:happyelf:

• Locked thread