Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010
This is a permanent position in NYC at a well-respected firm.

Junior (1-5 years of experience) Java server-side with good fundamentals. Open to entry-level as long as you are strong in Core Java and have excellent credentials.

If you are interested, please email me (Vicky) at vchang@optionsgroup.com.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from some great Core Java Programmers :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3246449

What's "core java"?

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

No thank you.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

"Core Java," in this instance, refers to Java SE rather than Java EE. I got this blurb from http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/firstcup/doc/gkhoy.html.

"Java SE
When most people think of the Java programming language, they think of the Java SE API. Java SE's API provides the core functionality of the Java programming language. It defines everything from the basic types and objects of the Java programming language to high-level classes that are used for networking, security, database access, graphical user interface (GUI) development, and XML parsing.

In addition to the core API, the Java SE platform consists of a virtual machine, development tools, deployment technologies, and other class libraries and toolkits commonly used in Java technology applications."

Hope that helps to clarify Core Java.

Thank you for pasting that thread.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I'm good man, already got a job in NYC. :cool:

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I'm sorry, I only have experience in the Java programming language. I understand networking, security, synchronization, UI development, and XML parsing.

However, I don't know how to use this new-fangled Java Runtime, Java VM, or IDE. I write Java programs in a text editor and then send them by email to my colleague who compiles them by hand.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

Tailored Sauce posted:

I'm good man, already got a job in NYC. :cool:

Happy for you, dude =).

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

ntan1 posted:

I'm sorry, I only have experience in the Java programming language. I understand networking, security, synchronization, UI development, and XML parsing.

However, I don't know how to use this new-fangled Java Runtime, Java VM, or IDE. I write Java programs in a text editor and then send them by email to my colleague who compiles them by hand.

Hmm, I don't think they are necessarily asking for experience with Java Runtime, Java VM, or IDE. They want someone who is good at the core of Java SE programming. Would you like to send me your resume so I can review it?

Thanks for commenting, by the way.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

Devonaut posted:

No thank you.

That's cool. Thanks for your comment.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I am a highly experienced R programmer with an excellent fundament. I would telecommute from my present location. Looking forward to working with you!

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

slap me silly posted:

I am a highly experienced R programmer with an excellent fundament. I would telecommute from my present location. Looking forward to working with you!

Thank you so much for your interest. While I personally do not have an R programming position available at the moment, my team may have some compatible roles. May you please email me your resume? vchang@optionsgroup.com is my email address.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'll get right on that! :)

Third
Sep 9, 2004
The most noble title any child can have.
I used the Jarflex to strengthen my Core Java and now I have great abs().

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I mailed you my resume but you didn't respond.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I've got a Intermediate Qbasic EE position in NYC at a great firm. We prefer somebody with 1-5 years experience specifically with Qbasic EE. Hit me up! We have a dope coffee machine!

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
Java Core is like those new Ben and Jerrys tubs. Java all the way down.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I don't know anything about programming and I can't legally work in the states; should I still apply?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
For those who don't have Core Skills, I have a position for someone with Hard Candy Shell skills.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

returnh posted:

I used the Jarflex to strengthen my Core Java and now I have great abs().

ahahah, I heard Jarflex is effective =)

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

Horking Delight posted:

I mailed you my resume but you didn't respond.

I received your resume. I will respond this morning. Thank you!

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

I don't know anything about programming and I can't legally work in the states; should I still apply?

...Lol.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I think you're being rudely dismissive and ableist in a discriminatory fashion.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

I think you're being rudely dismissive and ableist in a discriminatory fashion.

I honestly thought you posted your response in a sarcastic manner. I am neither dismissive nor ableist, and am definitely not discriminatory. Since you "do not know anything about programming," perhaps you should try your luck in another field.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

You might get better luck posting in here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075135

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

Appreciate it!

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
By continuing to post everywhere that people don't suggest, you are going to have great success with your recruitment effort! In other news, I have an applied linguistics position available in my back orifice office. I hope to see your application, as you seem admirably suited.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

slap me silly posted:

By continuing to post everywhere that people don't suggest, you are going to have great success with your recruitment effort! In other news, I have an applied linguistics position available in my back orifice office. I hope to see your application, as you seem admirably suited.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

He means that there are threads specifically to do what you're trying to do, and that's where you should have posted.

Like this one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052395

But I guess on top of being a xenophobic ableist, you're also a special snowflake or a spammer.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

He means that there are threads specifically to do what you're trying to do, and that's where you should have posted.

Like this one: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052395

But I guess on top of being a xenophobic ableist, you're also a special snowflake or a spammer.

I understand that he meant that, in addition to insinuating/stating other things. I do plan on posting in those other areas, actually. Nope, I do not identify with either of those categories you mentioned. Thanks.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

You don't get to decide what you are; if you act like a xenophobic ableist spammer, you're a xenophobic ableist spammer. It's not my job to educate you, just Google it.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

You don't get to decide what you are; if you act like a xenophobic ableist spammer, you're a xenophobic ableist spammer. It's not my job to educate you, just Google it.

Indeed, it isn't your job.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Macaca_cyclopis
Apr 12, 2010

:)! Nice pic.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I am actually very good with Challenges and am up for the task of MODing code in Java. Should I apply into this MODing code in this CHALLENGing position?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Veskit posted:

I am actually very good with Challenges and am up for the task of MODing code in Java. Should I apply into this MODing code in this CHALLENGing position?

Stfu

Dude posted a job listing, albeit in the wrong area, that like 99% of SA fits because they love computers and responds well-mannered to everyone else lol it's the least offensive mistake I've ever seen on this website

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Strangely enough, "dude" is now banned. loving idiot recruiters

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

Stfu

Dude posted a job listing, albeit in the wrong area, that like 99% of SA fits because they love computers and responds well-mannered to everyone else lol it's the least offensive mistake I've ever seen on this website

The poster marked themselves as an outsider or someone who doesn't quite get it. Their posts also read like an HR stooge hiring for a job they don't understand.

It isn't particularly offensive, but it's the kind of mistake that has never been appreciated here.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

litany of gulps posted:

The poster marked themselves as an outsider or someone who doesn't quite get it. Their posts also read like an HR stooge hiring for a job they don't understand.

It isn't particularly offensive, but it's the kind of mistake that has never been appreciated here.

Yeah by guys getting all horned up for "mod challenges". Considering the ludicrous amount of unemployment on SA (see D&D and E&N) I don't think not getting the most troll free forums isn't an egregious crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

tbp posted:

Stfu

Please source your quotes.

• Locked thread