Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I love in GTAV I can do poo poo like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

Your favorite thing about playing a video game is that you can sit on Ikea furniture and get high?

How much did you like Inception on a scale of 1 to 1

It's a cop blazing up after a hard day's work. I thought it was pretty funny and small thing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

In the first heist you do in GTAV the player thats the passenger has to play a small hacking puzzle on their phone, if your watching in first person you can see the puzzle on their phone screens.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yah that is pretty drat funny.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

People watch that poo poo? Like somebody's so sad they have to watch a video about some idiot overreacting for the camera about video games?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

GTA V is pouring with little things.
My two favorites that I love is:

If you're stationary and listening to the radio you player character will start head boppin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wraiz-J4eiM

And If an NPC is impressed with your car they'll take a pic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVU1AZZ9eXA

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

GTAV's newest car the Progen T20 is a loving great car. What else is awesome is the spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-2W_a6jE4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Buzkashi posted:

I got this with a pressing urge to destroy smartcars when I was playing Saints Row 3.

That's just a natural instinct.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Whenever The Witch had spawned in the level, you'd hear a very quick clip of her unique music playing as a little "heads up" to attentive players, the Witch's music itself got louder and more intense the closer you got to her, and for good reason since she will kill you in a single blow if you set her off.

All the special zombies had their own special "sting", they were all pretty awesome.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I think System Shock is one of the earliest games with contextual music. I don't know if it's the earliest, however.

In Super Mario World when riding Yoshi bongos and percussion gets introduced into the already playing track. Yoshi has his own set of music for every song in that game. I don't know if there was any additions to the boss music. I think it even changed the over-world music too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

I don't think there would be for the boss fights. Mario leaves Yoshi at the entrance before every boss level.

You are correct

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

They added a percussion section for castles in Mario Maker, since you can have Yoshi in them. Also, ghost houses and air ships. It is awesome.

I was wondering if they returned with yoshi's music track in Mario Maker, that's good news

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also there is some pretty good evidence that Left4Dead 3 is most likely coming out in the near future with their new engine. Valve is allergic to Half Life 3 though.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

"Tactical Espionage Action! ...featuring a guy who controls bees"

Bees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kWW9luMD4M

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Posting it here:

Fallout 4 has doggles

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dogmeat is awesome. I do love that he's pretty useful in combat, he can hold down enemies to give you some time to line up better shots. And in upgrading a certain perk he'll get real crazy on enemies, first time I ever seen him go for someone's throat surprised the poo poo out of me.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fallout 4, I just found a town run by robots. They're farming and everything.

Edit: Also really love that you feel like a giant lumbering metal man inside of power armor.

TontoCorazon has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Nov 16, 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

A pretty small thing in FallOut 4 again:
The rain hitting the screen looks pretty nice and natural.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG91bnFAGEg

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I found the cheers bar, funnily enough named the "Prost Bar":

So Norm's dead

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

This is how I lost my first suit of power armour. It's currently sat the bottom of a lake. :downs:

I started to panic once I realized I couldn't float in power armor. I was trying to cross a little stretch of water but I couldn't find a way out once I got in. Don't know what I'd do if I lost that armor.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

malal posted:

I've become obsessed with artillery. What's great (and I might be wrong) is the given range seems to be the same as the beacon signal for any given settlement, so if you can hear them they can shell for you.

It's not very useful and very location specific. But man, I love finding the perfect location; tossing the smoke; and watching as the bad guys "investigate" only to be blown into the next zip code. I swear it Launches body parts further then the fatman.

It's awesome trying to find a body part Bigger than a postage stamp so I can loot them.

Artillery ALONE is the reason to find every settlement. I'm trying to avoid spoilers, I've gotten ten so far.

The artillery sounds and feels so loving good. I remember doing the mission unlocking artillery and they wanted me to test it out on some buildings. It was at night and it lit up the buildings in the background. It looked so drat cool.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Awesome.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

I got a notification once that the settlement at Sunshine Trading Co-Op was under attack and went to help, only to find that the settlers shooting each other. Took me a minute to figure out the Synth infestation. I fixed what resources had been damaged and built a couple of new turrets, and within minutes everything I built had been sabotaged.

There's still a synth or two infiltrating that settlement, but after the outbreak of violence they're laying low and just sabotaging what they can to starve the settlers out.

Holy poo poo, for real?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

It's the right (direction) option so O on PS4 and B on Xbox and I assume right arrow on PC? When some dumbass is giving you their life story hit that button to skip their lines. Now that I got it to work she just went " blah blah blah...." At some dude.

Nick was talking to me and having a real soft moment with me during his loyalty mission and I pressed the rude skip button by accident and my character goes "heh nice hat". I just about pissed myself laughing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

So yeah fallout rules pretty hard

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I had a jihadist super mutant trying to close the distance between us, felt like a total bad rear end when I caught him with a sick nasty head shot and his body goes limp and face plants.

I know it's been said but the death animations are pretty great.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ShootaBoy posted:

There are people that don't aim for the suicide mutants arms first thing :confused:

I think of it as more of a challenge.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

Is that the junk rifle?

Yeap

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

So stealing this.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Charge my balls and tell me you love me

I love you

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Quick fact: odio means hate in Spanish

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

princecoo posted:

So you can modify your UI however you see fit, add or remove elements and so on, and if you have multiple monitors you can make one screen your "game area" and the other screen have all your HUD info/UI. It adjusts easily to 3 monitors too.

That's pretty awesome.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

Stardew Valley is like... 'forget dinner' addictive. I just realized I haven't eaten at 9:30pm

You have a problem.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Beastie posted:

Some of the civilian npcs in The Division don't speak English :911: :mexico: :cheat: .

Yeah this was nice. Was walking randomly around Manhattan and some woman was talking to herself in spanish.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

And it's just like that evrryday in all 5 boroughs.

Lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Reminder: Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games made in the past 10 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUXGW6sWYDY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8BFV5AJ2IQ

Also getting an achievement for tying a woman up and laying her on train tracks for a train to run her over.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Just got this awesome neon green spray paint for my weapons and it looks pretty badly done, its pretty funny.
The minor detail in it is pretty great.

Also the paint wearing off at the cheek rest is a great touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

The taunts look good too.

Ha that's awesome