Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Watch_dogs the little think I like is the characters. Ok, not autistic Batman, but the other characters. Clara, T-Bone, Jordi, all are awesome in their own way. gently caress man, t-bone Taking a selfie of his exploding, booby-trapped junkyard was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Canemacar posted:

Isn't there a mission in Hong Kong where you're trying to stealth through a subway without alerting anyone and one of the pre-mission perks you can buy is "assistance" from Heck? That assistance being a driveby with a mounted machine gun from a hi-jacked subway car?

No. It's Taipei and a minigun.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Len posted:

I picked up The Bureau XCOM Declassified in the steam sale and I expected a terrible game based on everything I'd heard about it. Instead I have a campy shooter about 'Merica :911: fighting aliens during the Cold War.

One of my favorite things is that this underground base has a permanent haze near the ceiling because everyone smokes.

And I just got out of a cutscene where Agent Carter told an alien that his race can come live in 'Merica :911: Land of the Free if he helps out XCOM.

Plus if change your tactilneck to a slightly darker black you can pretend to be Archer!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bitterandtwisted posted:

In Xcom, you can customise your soldiers' appearance and zoom right in to your base and see them recovering or relaxing between missions.

This guy wears a big purple fedora on the battlefield, but takes it off indoors while his ladyfriend drinks to the memory of her arms and legs.

Is that vanilla, or enemy within?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Canemacar posted:

My favourite little thing in X-com has got to be one of the cheats. If you name a soldier certain things, they get bonuses. Like, name him Sid Meier and he becomes an absurdly powerful psionic. My favorite is when you name a soldier Otto Zander, he gets the nickname "Unbreakable" and becomes literally unstoppable.

Which is a reference to SA. Actually.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I hope to god by ponyfucker you mean brony and not Mr Hands

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

loving internet man. Never stops making me need alcohol.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

AFAIK I am the only one who liked The Bureau, XCOM uncovered. I like the setting, I kinda like how dickish the main character it is, hell I like the shameless riping off of Mass Effect Gameplay. The Little thing I like is that I can dress Carter in a black tactical turtleneck. A tactilneck if you will. (Or even a slightly darker black one)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sad lions posted:

Like the other poster touched on, the reveals later on were really neat.
I particularly liked the reveal that Carter's recent upswing from mediocre/awful agent to masterful commander has no basis in his actual ability and the surprise of his superior officers makes sense the moment the reason appears.

So my plan to become as awesome as him by drinking a ton won't work?

I found the twist really clever too, and a great way to explain his powers like healing and lifitng poo poo up

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sad lions posted:

It was almost hilarious in that he wasn't just bad but was in fact a straight up liability.

I don't know how much difference it makes to the events but I loved playing the Aussie scientist when the option came up.
He was just so fascinated by everything

Alot. You get the best ending with him (Go Go Gay Aussie Rat of Tobruk Scientist man). Faulke straight up genocides the aliens and kills all the sleepwalkers, and Weaver, I think, is in the middle? I dunno

EDIT: Holy poo poo, he really is Archer Turns out after Pima, YOU CAN GET HIM DRUNK IN HIS OFFICE So glad I discovered this easter egg.

bunnyofdoom has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Aug 30, 2014

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

In X-com the Bureau, the achievement for punching out twenty enemies is called "Welcome to Earth" (Shoulda been Earf, but hey, what can you do)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

That's one of those "Play it again, Sam" things. Will Smith doesn't pronounce it weird in that scene.

Why you gotta ruin my fun?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pidmon posted:

Because your fun is an example of casual racism?

...yes...yes it is. poo poo. I apologize.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arx Monolith posted:

Yeah, we're all doing it RIGHT NOW!

No I bleached my butthole last week. It`s now more of an off-white.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Infamous second sun has really good banksy stuff.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Herbotron posted:

Started playing the original Fable again, and there's a loooot of stuff that's horribly broken in that game and I love it. Stuff like:
Marrying lady Grey so you can punch her for a long time, and since she's immortal she won't die and you can gain infinite strength experience. When given the opportunity to speak she'd divorce you though.
Going into someone's house at night, killing them so you could buy it, putting up trophies to improve its value, breaking the door, selling it, and stealing the trophies to lower the value before repeating the process.
Sleeping somewhere but leaving before the screen goes dark to avoid getting charged for trespassing.
Maxing out your "goodness" so that the demon door that requires you to do evil to pass will be satisfied with eating crunchy chicks instead of killing your wife.
The save system, which was intended to allow grinding by saving items and experience but not quest progress, was good and convenient, especially since there were no limits on what items you could keep, including silver keys, potions of experience, or the final bosses sword. I have fond memories of spending hours doing the arena quest repeatedly to make mad bank.

First Fable was the only good one imo.

You know those tests to see if you are a psychopath?

I think Fable is the most elaborate one.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

But that would cost, like, a sixth of a dungeon haul and by god I'm not made of treasure.

capitalism.txt

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lego Batman 2 everytime you fly in free roam as superman you gt the john Williams theme

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm only 25% through Arkham Knight, but I wanted to keep the praise for little details going. Tons of little things like the GCPD stuff that's already been mentioned escaped me entirely. Anyway, early in the game you visit your office at the top of Wayne Tower and you can interact with a bust of Shakespeare - an homage to the Adam West show, which is also in Oracle's clocktower - and it opens a secret compartment with the Batsuit from the previous game. There's also a weapon there that Lucius Fox is working on, and he chides you for spoiling the surprise. Another cool detail is that you can listen to messages on Bruce Wayne's answering machine from Vickie Vale, Lex Luthor, and I think Huntress.

The Arkham games are great for having tons of little details I would never find on my own.

Batwoman, Kate Kane, who is also his Maternal Cousin
:goonsay:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Only if it's chik-fil-a

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

You can keep replaying missions. It's an evil, evil system once it gets its claws into you.

I've leveled a guy called Grey Worm up a couple of times and he's earning medals with "off-screen" missions as a result of the stat boost.

Well of course he is Khaleesi

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Man, I remember that game. I spent hours online trying to find out the true "Naked Rachel" cheat only to find it was all a rumour. Thank god for mods.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Stop projecting you insecurities.
Who are you, Chandler after he gets drunk and puts on a dress as a goof but something awakens in him and he realizes he may be more like his father than he ever imagined?

I am actually surprised they managed to get the coke orgy gameplay in without getting an AO rating.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gotta say, the hidden bonus level of Gunter going postal and cleaning up central perk was a decently made FPS for the time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Star wars battlefront.

It is very pretty. Also as my friend commented star fighter mode feels really good. Too bad it is only one mode.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

oldie but goodie
Xwing Vs Tie fighter Including, hell especially in the expansions campaign, it is super loving easy to kill a star destroyer if you do it right. Nothing like feeling like a badass when you see mission results, Two Star Destroyer kills :black101:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I liked getting shitface with Chakwas in mass effect. Why wasn't she a romance option?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

It also oddly predicted rachel being upsatged by angelina jolie and Chandlers coke habit

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Also another little thing about Sleeping Dogs is that guns are pretty rare for like 80% of the game. Even just being seen with a gun will get your wanted level up, enemies with guns are usually only encountered in out of the way areas like sewers or places without law enforcement. They really emphasize that the city you're in is a gun-free zone for the most part so it's not really like other open world crime games where you just get an assault rifle and run around shooting everyone forever.

So America vs rest of world?

Little thing I like in sleeping dogs is running over parking meters gives you cash.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I'd kill for arkham dlc letting me use his voice

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So was David Bowie

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

He did Mercenaries didn't he? good game, pity about 2.

He did it in 2 as well. Which was the superior game

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Pound_Coin posted:

Nah 1 was better, 2 had a cool ad/song, but the airstrike mechanics in 1 were fine and the carry limit and change from mostly laser designator air strikes, to smoke grenades with gently caress all range in 2 was a real needless step backwards.

You say that but can you assassinate an oil executive with a tugboat in 1?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Also with an oedipus complex

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I am still not convinced that ss13 is not just a running goon joke wherein people just make upnthe weirdest poo poo

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Crossposting this from the Crusader Kings 2 thread. Just to foreground it a little because its an odd game in CK2 you play the successive heads of a medieval dynasty bungling their way through history. So you might be the King of Denmark and when you die you play his son and so on. Over the course of your life you can pick up a variety of traits both positive and negative. One of them is lunatic, usually you get it through syphillis or stress and you get unique events from it.

So for example you could fire the chancellor from your vassal council and appoint your horse in his position

The latest DLC The Reapers Due has a lot of new stuff about death, disease and dying. And there's a new position in the court, that of court physician. Medieval medicine is kind of imprecise and things can go just horribly wrong like if the physician decides to chop off most of your face or sacrifice your children to his pagan gods in hopes of a cure etc. If your character is insane things get even even weirder and you can appoint good old Glitterhoof as your court physician.

I dunno maybe getting assfucked by a horse does cure cancer.
Man, what a Catherine the great reference there

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Who What Now posted:

You gotta remember that compared to the average person the Turks are supremely badass. It's just that you play as a bunch of murder-hobos all hopped up on magic bullshit.

For a second I thought Europea Univervalis got really weird

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

When does it come out for PS4?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Red faction guerilla small thing for me is rhe Nano rifle. Shoot the wing off a bomber? Corkscrew. Shoot a support beams? Collapse on that side. Shoot a wheel? Bad steering!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Len posted:

Im pretty sure I saw Tropic Thunder posters in Rainbow Six Vegas

I got Canadian Forces Recruitment ads in mine. Which is...either appropriate or ironic. Not sure