Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

pentyne posted:

And the token future Final Fantasy poster.

My immersion was ruined because it should have said "AOL Time Warner EA Square Enix Ebay Wells Fargo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

kazil posted:

If you hate the bonewheels in DS2 then you don't have a soul.

Not even a dark one?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dogan posted:

I like how about 2 screens away from the very starting point of Riven, there is a little machine that would destroy the universe if you fiddled with it too much.

Seems like a great way to introduce new players to the game, and also give my 10-year-old self nightmares

It's been a while and I don't remember it. Screenshot?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ohhhhh, I vaguely remember that, pretty sure I did that a couple times just for kicks.

I should dig out my copies of those games, it'd be fun to do some quick run-throughs, having the newness from not having played them in a decade or two, and the experience of having solved them before.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

LoonShia posted:

Quick run-through? Of Myst?

It's all relative. Quick compared to thirteen-year-old me figuring it out the first time. Like, you could comfortably play through the game in an afternoon if you know the answers or at least vaguely remember them.

Of course the subsequent ones would take longer, but Myst itself shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Tiggum posted:

Could you, without a walkthrough? It's been almost twenty years, but I remember some of them being pretty tricky...

I dunno, I'll let you know after the weekend. :getin:

I think I can, though. I was pretty into all of those games.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

When we're all wearing Occulus Rifts™ in our Immersitanks™ with Stimnodes™ (brought to you by Doritos™) on our extremities, you'll be quite glad you can look down and see your feet.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I'm looking at Steam and I see Myst, Riven, and Myst V. Is there some known reason for Myst III and IV not being on there? :confused:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Lame. Thought it might be something like that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pretty sure that was a bunch of marketing bullshit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

RareAcumen posted:

What? This took a turn I didn't see coming.

Nobody axed you.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't know if I'll get grief for saying this or not, but I legitimately appreciate the way Diablo 3 handles an extra player or three joining the game, which basically boils down to, "Who fuckin' cares, there are four of you now, good job, stuff's a wee bit harder." It makes for a very smooth flow when you have friends hopping in and out of games at their leisure.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Action Tortoise posted:

This was good especially if you had a little sibling who wanted to play but didn't get in your way.

If that's the goal, super mario galaxy is fantastic.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Praetorian Mage posted:

Because male genital mutilation and the anguish it causes are loving hilarious, right guys?

Sorry about your accident.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

1redflag posted:

Post the note!

The Note posted:

TWAS ALL FOR BONERS

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I hadn't seen Endless Legend or Dungeon of the Endless until now. How is DotE's multiplayer? Worthwhile?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I have a couple friends and we're always looking for good multiplayer co-op games of pretty much any type. We just fire up a google hangout beforehand for games that don't have in-game voice, so communication shouldn't be an issue. So I'm guessing 4 people would be the sweet-spot for this? Or is it actually better, for some reason, to have less than that for character sharing or something?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well, I'm enjoying Dungeon of the Endless in single player, at least. Already worth the twelve bucks or whatever it was. Looking forward to trying this out in multiplayer.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I played it for a little while and then joined the community chat on the website and got yelled at for talking. On the chat. I lost interest soon after that.

Would be awesome if it weren't for the players.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And some places will harass their own team members for not taking the game seriously enough and/or not being all secret-agent about everything you do, as if it loving matters one iota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Exit Strategy posted:

Still enjoying the poo poo out of Heat Signature

Thanks, bought this last night after checking it out, stayed up way too late. Good stuff.