Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
EDIT: This may not count, since it was a glitch, but during one of the briefings in Arma 3 a soldier was bugged out and kept doing the drawing a rifle animation, but no gun was in his hand and he kept doing it over and over again. It really distracted me and was hilarious, I just looked over to my left and there he was, pretending to draw a gun on his superior officer.

VVV fffff

Leal has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Jun 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I believe the dialogue in Halo 2 would change depending on the difficulty. Just do the mission where you start with a tank on the bridge, Johnson has a different speech on each difficulty.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Captain Lavender posted:

My sim in Sims 3 befriended the person that was burglarizing him.

I believe in 2 you had the option to bust out the burglar that gets caught by the police, you just click on the police car when they arrive. And the cop gets pissed at you for wasting his time.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

LoonShia posted:

When Snake gets captured by the baddies, your buddy gets to sneak out of the prison and can even fiddle with knobs to make Snake's torture QTE easier or harder.

:stare:

Holy poo poo. I'm tempted to buy my brother a ps3 and both of us a copy of this game now. "Its kinda easy isn't it? HOW ABOUT NOW?!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

I thought at first you were talking about Xenoblade fans sarcastically. Xenoblade fans are getting as bad as Dark Souls ones.

I'm pretty sure in a previous dragging things down thread I posted how I disliked just how liberal the game is with XP and I had to intentionally ignore stuff so I wouldn't over level. I'm sure no one responded with "You're just bad" about it. If I posted the same thing about Dark Souls there would be at least one guy who has to get in here to defend DS's honor.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tardcore posted:

Because that's silly, you can't overlevel in Dark Souls. :v:

I have been hoisted.

In FF14 there is a line an NPC says to you to the effect of "You're just gonna stare stoically and nod at me right?" And your character does just that. As the game goes on the dialogue gets a bit more self aware.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In MGS4 you can pat down people you hold up, ending in snake crushing their balls with his hands and knocking them out. There are some enemies though that are female and needless to say, trying to nut crush them doesn't work. It ends with them calling snake a pervert and kicking him.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does it count if I didn't play the game myself?

Clock Tower 2 (American version): Bates, a spirit that possesses the main character. Its like someone sat down and went "How do I write a character that is sick of horror tropes?" This guy gets outright pissed off at people, calling them shits, boots a possessed samurai suit in the dick and grabs the knife that a possessed doll has been chasing you with and stabs her with it (and boots her several times in the face prior).

Its loving great, you almost forget that the game is actually trying to be a legit horror game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Whats really great is that I googled "glass him" randomly at work (sometimes those last 5 minutes take forever to come) and the search results are just full of people complaining that they should of used clearer wording cause they didn't want to smash a shot glass onto the woodsman and they thought "glass him" meant pouring him a glass (:psyduck:)

Its no wonder gaming companies treat/think gamers are dumb, its cause they are.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Tropico 5: There was some protesting going on, coincidentally a multiple hurricane disaster hit and 3 of the things were plopped right on top of the protestors.

Presidente rules by divine right :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Out of curiosity, what does the thread title refer to, shooting guys in the junk in Goldeneye/Soldier of Fortune/Fallout?

Its actually after a goon complaining about pain done to the male genitalia was unfunny

This post to be exact

EDIT: Just realized I was already beaten on this. Whoops!

Leal has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Dec 9, 2014

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cowboythreespeech posted:

Yeah, it happens in FFVIII, too. Selphie tries to use cure on a moomba in the D-District Prison, and it just hurts the thing because of the anti-magic field.

Whats great is that this anti magic field is immediately ignored cause you can immediately use magic again and is never brought up again. Its like the anti-GF propaganda about losing your memories. Its some blatant handwave and is never brought up again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Anatharon posted:

Best one is making infinite gold/guile EXP by selling potions and buying them back when you have enough points that shopkeepers buy them for more than they sell them for.

Its that kind of charm that made those older games fun, especially Morrowind. Make potions that can let you leap far into the distance so fast the game cannot keep up with you and has to load, make a scroll that shatters the enemy's equipment, make a spell that burns everyone in a 50 foot radius, make an amulet that would constantly regen your MP before MP regeneration was a thing and yes, making a potion that shot up your personality and mercantile so high you could buy anything for 1 gold and sell it back for all of the merchant's money.

As a reminder: These fun things that broke the game if you knew what you were doing was why Oblivion's and Skyrim's magic systems were neutered.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Len posted:

The funny thing is there's posts in the "things dragging a game down" thread that go "Skyrim is bad because of how easy it is to break with enchanting" I will never stop being amused over the ability to break the game popping up in both threads.

Well yeah you can break it, but not in a way that Morrowind does it. Skyrim you can do some enchantments where you get like 2 million health regen per second, but you can't make a spell that breaks the armor of everyone in a 50 foot radius or make your own form of fast travel be jumping across the land.

In non TES games, I'm playing Metro 2033 and there is a level where someone you're traveling with runs into some bandits and you have to save him. You can just go loud and kill everyone, or go silent and kill everyone. Now at the end of the mission another friendly character pops up and the loading screen has the main character mention "It felt like someone was helping me from the shadows".

If you go stealth the guy actually DOES help you by shooting some enemies with a pneumatic crossbow, I have never noticed this before and confused the hell out of me when I heard what sounded like a snake hissing and the enemy in front of me suddenly has a bolt in his chest.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have no idea why I'm remembering this, but I remember the Call of Duty games from 4 til.. at least Black Ops, would have no problems spawning you in the middle of an explosion or the route of a bullet so you could die instantly. I have no idea who let that slip, since I never have had that happen in other FPS's.

I can't find the video but I remember long ago for Modern Warfare 3 (iirc) they brought back the airplane terminal map from MW2 and there was a way where if your entire team got on top of an airplane and they all had LMGs with the perk that increased bullet penetration you could literally just spray a certain corner where the enemy team would always spawn and constantly kill them for minutes straight until you ran completely out of ammo. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that activision never patched it before they dropped it completely for the next yearly release.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kimmalah posted:

the type of person who immediately gives up at the slightest hint of a problem.

That really has to be it. I'm sure most people would, after seeing that the usual button does nothing, start pressing every other button. "Welp X isn't working, game must be broken :effort:"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In Arma 3, I don't know if its just this mod or if its the AAF faction as a whole, but sometimes when I call for a sitrep it will go something like "All, sitrep........... over". Like my guy waits a bit before saying over, and says it almost in a way of "Oh right, I need to say that before getting a response".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In FF14 you can see other player's retainers (they gather items for you) out in the field fishing or logging. If you get close they will say things, sometimes they refer to the person they work for and that name is SephirothxXx. What is surprising is that there is actually no player named this, and its funny cause they're mocking people who can't make a unique name and just put <videogame/animecharacter>xxxxetc.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In Skyrim if a dead thing is currently being resurrected (say by an enemy necromancer) you can "snipe" the corpse from them by throwing your resurrection spell at it mid animation. It lead to a fun fight between me and some necromancers where I killed one of them and went to resurrect and the enemy actually threw a resurrection at it and stole it from me. I dunno if the AI knows it can do it or if it was a freak coincidence but it was pretty cool, me and the enemy "competing" for corpses.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

women can be scientists too i dunno why it has to be a man

ANYWAY in Attila: Total War, I will never get tired of the animation that plays when you raze a town to the ground: a plume of fire straight up obliterates the city, and then keeps going in a giant flame wave until the entire province is burnt to cinders :flame:

Speaking of something that could be a woman and Attila: The rage that has generated from women being soldiers in that game. Its magical how pissed off nerds get over it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Red Faction: Guerrilla: Friendly AI who accidentally shoot a friendly apologize for it.

Also random civvies will become a guerrilla should you be in a firefight with the EDF, its just hilarious to have some miner digging up some rock then suddenly whip out an assault rifle.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Nuclear War posted:

In 'this war of mine' I just had my guy hide while a girl was taken away to be raped, just so I could steal some planks and half-spoiled meat from a supermarket the bad guy was guarding. Not sure how I feel about that

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Chaitai posted:

My guess is that it was a kickstarter donation reward to design a weapon and that is what the person chose? Just a shot in the dark here.

e: Yeah, I just looked the kickstarter up. If you donated $1,000 or more, you could design an epic, high-level weapon, armor, or artifact. I assume someone designed that as their weapon.

So someone seriously threw a grand to put a lovely gun in a game.

I wish I had that kind of disposable income :sigh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

littleorv posted:

Go in there and tell him to "git gud"

Do this, and also remind him that Dark Souls as a series is the definition of perfection, and to find a fault with Dark Souls is to admit a fault in yourself for having terrible taste.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shadow of Mordor: I overheard some orcs talking, I think it was something about tricking humans out of hiding, and they were trying to impersonate talking like a human :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Seconds later: Orc 2's hypothesis is disproven.

I did have a good :owned: moment where an orc was musing to himself about how I'll need to be more sly because he wont be snuck up on, he'll be extremely vigilant. But before finishing his sentence I snuck up behind him and killed him :haw:

The orc dialogue is pretty great, the cannon fodder in this game have better character then a lot of characters in other games.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Who What Now posted:

It was infinitely better than the condensed piece of garbage that IX tried to pass off as a mini-game.

I don't know what you're talking about. I loved putting a card with a bigger number next to a card with a smaller number and my card flips for some reason.

E: I would win Blitzball by scoring 1 goal higher then swimming my guy next to my own goalie so the AI bugs out.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

He also just lifted quite a few things directly from Twin Peaks.

I see nothing wrong with Twin Peaks: The Game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alpha Protocol: HOLY poo poo, IF I SHOOT AN ENEMY AND HE FLINCHES WHILE HE"S SHOOTING HIS GUN FIRES IN A DIRECTION OTHER THEN "DIRECTLY AT ME". This blows my goddamn mind, maybe I'm just traumatized from Arma 3 and having AI who flinch (or spaz out and leap like half a foot in the air) while still managing to get a perfect shot on me or my squaddies.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Len posted:

The nemesis system was THE major advertisement point of that game. I'm not sure in what way that counts as a little thing.

Its like saying "The little thing I liked in The Punisher was the interrogation sequences". Or someone who so wittingly said:

Mogambo posted:

Getting a ring in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mogambo posted:

Getting a coin in Mario.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TontoCorazon posted:

People watch that poo poo? Like somebody's so sad they have to watch a video about some idiot overreacting for the camera about video games?

Were you around when the Star Wars trailer came out? There was so many reaction videos for it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

A great little thing in PE 2 is the cinematic near the end of the game, in which human soldiers obliterate a squadron of Pawn Golems through use of superior tactics and equipment - the beginning of the scene has all of the markings of a Resident Evil scene, with close quarters enemies against gun using soldiers, and then surprise. I love this scene.

Its one of the rare times people other then the protagonist does something competent in games. Otherwise those soldiers would just die and its up to you, the badass protagonist, to save the day..

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The Sims 3: Every NPC is an actual sim that you can continue to work with after they do their thing. In particular say... thieves. Nothing like bumping into someone who robbed you in the middle of the city and beating the poo poo out of them for it. Or that loving mailman that just throws your mail on the floor.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Shadowrun Hong Kong:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Kojima has literally said he made Quiet the way he did so attractive women would cosplay as her.

A wise man

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Len posted:

So far my favorite part of Phantom Pain is buying the loudspeaker for the chopper and setting it to play Kids in America when it comes it to rain bullets on the other bad guys.

I must buy this game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In MGS5 there are some side missions where you find your troops from the previous game who are wandering around. Now if you try to cqc/tranq them it quickly becomes a benny hill chase scene. But if you just equip a box they know, they just know :3:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sniper Party posted:

Yes, there is a box picture. I went for a simple reference:

3 posted:

From "BOX", two phantoms were born...

:vince:

Xoidanor posted:

I absolutely adore how almost everyone here has settled in for what I can only call "barbie-pink" as the color of their helicopter. :allears:

I'm sad that there is no hot pink option for the helicopter, especially considering some of the pink colors you can put on your weapons :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

I'm glad that MGS 5 includes a knock to begin with. If a stealth game isn't balanced in a way that includes an infinitely usable close-range noisemaker then it's not a very good game imo. I still have Sam Fischer whistling in my head to this day.

iirc one of the Splinter Cell games had coop and the enemy could hear your talking to eachother over the mic, I believe there was a tip (maybe it was online) that was specifically "Don't yell at your teammate, the enemy can hear!"

More stealth games should let you distract the enemy by saying "penis penis penis penis" in your mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Undertale: There is a puzzle room involving lilies that you use to make a bridge. There is an inaccessible sign that you can bridge to, and if you do it the sign says congratulations, you failed the puzzle!