Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

In Rocket League you can customize your car with a bunch of paint jobs, accessories, and other stuff. One of the things you can customize is your car's "topper", which can be anything to a sombrero to devil horns. Any time you select a new one from the menu, it falls out of the sky and plops onto your car... unless you choose the pixelated "deal with it" shades, in which case they sloooowly descend from the top of the screen. :v:

Demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-ubrlPj20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

ninjahedgehog posted:

The Division

You can shoot the matryoshka dolls in the Russian consulate.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Goofballs posted:

So for example you could fire the chancellor from your vassal council and appoint your horse in his position

For a while, there was also a loophole which let you play as a horse, leading to at least one playthrough with a horse-led Roman Empire.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I also like that later in the game Tanner recognises the rules of the situation and is fine playing within them.

Try jumping between cars while out of the coma.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

I have a soft spot for the dumb gags in Thimbleweed Park with an inordinate amount of dialogue recorded for them, like the option to get corrected by the town journalist on every single constitutional amendment, or making Willie confess to a litany of conspiracy theories (including burying Jimmy Hoffa, killing JFK, and shooting Greedo first)

overeager overeater has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Mar 12, 2018

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

I enjoy World of Horror's commitment to making the player characters look like hell

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Anyway is there a game where they've done the 'oh boy doing [thing] really sucks huh???' and then just...doesn't so it? Like if someone commented about how sewer levels are long and boring and then it just ends up being a single short hallway or something and they're like 'oh okay wasn't so bad'.

Lair of the Clockwork God has a door locked with a giant sliding puzzle, which is solved by blowing the door up

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

One of the targets in Deathloop stays in a nuclear reactor repurposed as an art studio; if she spots you, she deliberately causes a reactor meltdown, making you solve a quick puzzle to stop it before it blows up the entire facility.

However, you can also just beeline for the exit the moment the meltdown starts: doing so counts as a kill, but leaves the area in question in smoking ruins visible from the loading screen and the rest of the island

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Also, for Deltarune Chapter 1 and 2 (probably don’t read unless you’re done because it’s a pretty good joke)

I would love to know how many people (Chapter 1) actually build a robot instead of immediately picking all of the duck options

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Max Payne 3

Nowhere near as impressive, but playing through on Hard, I appreciated that the game silently gives you an extra bottle of painkillers if you die repeatedly in a section

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

Yakuza 6 has my personal favorite move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVGcaaSlPbE

Maybe it's the victim being clearly more confused and upset than injured

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

credburn posted:

Edit I wish I could play this is a language I don't speak. Reading everyone talk in Cyberpunk slang is fine, but actually hearing them say these words is so silly.

Maybe not exactly what you want (and it obviously won't improve the writing itself), but there is a mod which replaces various characters' voices with their dub voices from different languages while keeping the subtitles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

[...] where a sequel is a major genre shift, but still pulls it off?

SWAT managed two genre shifts in four games, starting out with an FMV game (which, in fairness, set the bar low) and an isometric RTS before settling on tactical FPS