Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I chose to believe Chunk and Chunk Harder had another brother who was killed in the sewers during that plague quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

The idea of the Joker actually banging Harley Quinn always gets me all :stare:.

clearly you never watched the cartoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYSNUL2hrQM

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

10 Beers posted:

In the comic All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder, violet makes a habit out of seducing, banging, then murdering ladies.

Ahhh Frank Miller

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Telltale games do this as well. They'll instantaneously switch to keyboard prompts if you nudge the mouse or tap on the keyboard while playing with a controller (and, obviously, back again when you tap something on the controller).

Though I keep having a problem of the game not starting if my controller is plugged in before I start the game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, which is an alternate take on Dead Rising 2 where you play as the series first protag (Frank West), and the co-op player in that plays as the original DR2's main character, Chuck Greene.

That's a little weird, since you can kill Greene in the main game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I think people expected Halo in space and got something completely different. That's been my impression from most reviews.

Outside of story, its not very hand holdy either, you can roam freely quite a bit, you can even bump into level 20 enemies in the level 3 zone.

Wasn't Halo already in space though?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

So something like...this?

Or Flatout

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The Phoenix Wright localization was pretty silly, but it was especially bad in the third game when a case features a kimono embroiderer who hangs out a maid cafe all day yet they still pretend it takes place in America.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Perestroika posted:

In Dragon Age: Inquisition, at one point you fight a bunch of demons that are basically the manifestations of people's fears. Their physical appearance is just that of big spiders, but if you select them, their name reads things like "Blood", "Drowning", "Mages", that sort of thing. So I'm walking around in that area and see another one of those spiders, and when I select it to see what fear it represents its name just reads: "Ironically, Spiders" :v:

Now with proof:

:allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Devil May Cry 4 is the good one. 3 has an awful port and DMC isn't really a Devil May Cry game.

edit: beaten

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

poonchasta posted:

What do either of those references mean?

The first is a reference to Metal Gear Rising and the second is a reference to Wonderful 101, both games made by Platinum Games, who made Bayonetta 2

edit:goddmanit

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Brothers doesn't have a wildly innovative story but gosh it sure tells it well.

That's my two cents.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I hate games that just plop a qwerty keyboard on the screen. C'mon guys, you can do better ui design than that. Steam Big Picure mode also has a pretty rad keyboard input for controllers.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

The model viewer for enemies was also nice, not that common back then. More games should have a model viewer, and not just a static one, have one where you can see it move and do stuff.

Pikmin 2 was my favorite because of this.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Yeah, I just finished SRTT again since I just updated my graphics card (drat, it looks pretty now) and i didn't see Angel much except for the scripted sequences. It was awesome to see Hulkamania running wild as a luchador though.

Also Rob Van Dam is the voice of Bobby, the deeper-voiced Murderbrawl/Professor Genki announcer. I don't know if that carries over to SRIV, but those guys were so fun to listen to.

He's in there for Mind over Murder, one of the new diversions.

edit: to contribute, I like how in outlast after you lose a finger that finger stays a bloody stump for the rest of the game.

Lord Lambeth has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Jan 25, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

The fight with the end in MGS3 is probably the best boss fight in any game ever made because it constantly tests every skill you have learned throughout the game.

I don't know if I can believe this in a world where Steven Armstrong exists.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Nonsense, oblivion has the create-a-spell altar.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Couldn't you tag secondary combat skills and totally useless primary skills , leaving you overpowered since the game scales around your primary skills? or was that morrowind

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Daedo posted:

Wolfenstein had lots of little fun things in it but one of my favourites was when you are in a Nazi garage. There's a car that's up on blocks that's getting repaired and you can interact with it to get BJ to climb in and pretend he's driving. Complete with "broom broom" noises made by his mouth and him picking up an imaginary female hitchhiker.

I liked the level of wolfenstein 3d hidden in the game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

There's another mod for new vegas that adds in music that some(maybe most?) of the quests are named after. Which is cool because a lot of them are elvis songs and it's weird to have a entire faction dedicated to the man but not any of his music..

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cassandra gets very cautious around you if you go necromancer. Which is a nice detail since her uncle is a necromancer and she's a templar.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I like Sera but I also liked DA2 Anders so I am probably a broken individual.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Sometimes Always Monsters gives you the option to choose a companion ten seconds into the game, who ends up being your girlfriend/boyfriend. I didn't realize this at first and I blundered into a loving romance with a burly black dude.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

Sometimes it's just a black screen and sometimes it's a black screen with really awkward sex noises (or at least it's like this with that woman who runs the Vault 21 hotel).

With Benny you get a black screen and the option to either steal the chip or kill him in his sleep. :v:

I recall if you slept with the ghoul cowboy after you recruited her you would hear some very raspy growls.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I accidentally discovered the other day that you can squish rats by leaping onto them in ground zeroes. I've started purposely aiming for them now.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Alan Wake was alright, but Deadly Premonition was just so much better. More likable characters, a more interesting plot, and it had more of its own identity.

Harder to actually play though.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

Why dont you go watch a movie then

No way jose

I do really love deadly premonition but anyone who says that game is not a technical mess is lying.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

graybook posted:

I really wanted to get into Deadly Premonition and RE4 (the latter especially based on all the praise here), but I can't for the life of me get used to tank controls. :(

Go play RE4. I believe in you and the willpower of the human spirit. It's such a fantastic game.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I went on about how well Bravely Default does this earlier in the thread, but your prayers for help come from the games of other people you've interacted with via wireless/internet features. You see what sort of team they were running, and each vision has a different array of NPCs around them, so it all comes out as a really great rendition of this.

...What happens if you're a total hermit then? I hope it just cuts to a empty screen.

I've been playing Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition lately.I have no idea if this was in the original game but I noticed if you jiggle your stick around while talking to someone (ex: one of the favor people) Wei Shen will flail his head around wildly. It makes the early game's extortion sequence really really funny.

Lord Lambeth has a new favorite as of 05:59 on Mar 23, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

10 Beers posted:

My favorite thing about DA:I is that there's an option to just hide the drat helmets. Most of the helmets look way oversized for characters, o4 just not interesting. Plus, goddammit, I went through the trouble of creating my fancy character, and I wanna see em!

I wish there was an option to hide them per character though, rather than across the board. I'm probably one of the few people who likes qunari's dumb facepaint thing.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The Ang Lee Hulk movie tie in game was bad and the worst part were stealth missions where you had to play as Banner and really how could Banner ever be fun to play as? Well Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was real fun and as a play on how much people hated the stealth missions in the other one, they added their own. Hulk would destroy a truck, pick up the frame, cover himself with it, and walk around like some sort of gamma powered Fred Flintstone.

Also there was an unlockable Savage Bruce Banner skin.

It required you playing thorough the game one more time in order to afford the dang thing but man was it worth it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

the inability to jump onto anything without subsequently pressing the crouch button so that Gordon can retract his giant dangling ballsack that otherwise collides with ledges and makes him fall backwards.

That's a source engine thing, isn't it? Not exclusive to Black Mesa.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It's been ages since I've played HL2 but I do the crouch jump thing in tf2 all the time. Just the right height to get on top of dispensers :v:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Crosspost from Pillars of Eternity thread

This pops up in your save game folder if you start screwing around with cheats on the hardest difficulty. :allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

yeah the backer content was implemented in a really clunky way. On the other hand it gave us tombstone-gate, so :shrug:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My favorite thing in GTAV has been accidentally messing up a jump. I managed to mistime a jump over a fence and trevor hit the fence shin first and keeled face first into the dirt.

There are a lot of other things to like and not to like about the game but I think the physics in the GTA games are basically the best.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I like just running and jumping into someone. For some reason I laugh like an idiot every time Trevor dives at someone and calls them an idiot.

I managed to kill people just by ragdolling into people. Or knocked them out. Whatever, they dropped their cash, they're basically dead.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Wonderful 101 might have the best QTEs in the world. The last one in the game is "protect earth" and has you button mashing for a longass time. Normally I would take issue with this but the camera cuts to the wonderful 100 halfway through that longass button mash and shows that they're hammering away at their buttons too.

Which might not make sense so here's a clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R7urhjRWWU
spoilers I guess but the video gives you absolutely no context

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Making him look like Max Payne is also acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

D4 is coming out on the PC soon and it's built on unreal. So it might actually be playable.