Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Evilreaver posted:

I collect pool balls for chuckles. Every pool ball I find goes on the Big Table at home, and each one is like finding a piece of candy. Obviously, each time I find a pool table with a ton of them it's like christmas.

I found a table halfway through a hole in the second floor. Four balls were stuck on its lining, ten more scattered around the diner, under tables, behind counters and such, one just outside the door... and one had rolled outside and all the way down the hill into a lake, 30+ yards from the pool table.

I remember in Timesplitters 2, when you found a pool table, you could shoot the balls to sink them into the pockets. Is there anything like that in Fallout 4? I'm not really expecting it, but I think that'd be a fun little detail in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

If your game has a ton of collectibles, there absolutely should be an unlockable way to put the ones you're missing on your map at some point. I've been too spoiled by it in the games that include it!

Sleeping Dogs is so good about that. And the way you unlock them even makes sense and feels like an actual reward.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I won't lie, I look forward to Bioenchanted's posts.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Nuebot posted:

And now I'm just laughing at the image of Kratos stuffed into a school uniform, sitting at a desk while that one guy talks about how much he loves balls.

Just getting more and more progressively pissed off, but he knows he can't kill the guy because he needs his help later so Kratos can pass his Trig exam.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

It's going to be the third Prey just called Prey. I hope they keep this trend going.

It'll be called Pr3y.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I played through the Goosebumps point and click adventure game from a couple of years ago, and it was pretty good. It felt like one of the books, and the trophy names were all references to different books. There were a lot of different monsters and plenty of ways to die. It was pretty solid, if a little short, and the puzzles weren't really too bad, either.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I loved Resident Evil 7; it was tense, atmospheric, spooky, and done really well all throughout. An excellent haunted house game, by all accounts.

What the hell happened to Lucas? I'm pretty sure I never killed him and he seemed to just kinda gently caress off after I rescued Zoe and Mia. Did he die when I killed Eveline? He had his contact somewhere, so did he make it out?

Maybe that's answered in the DLC that I bought and haven't played yet. But it just hit me.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That's what I figured, but I thought it was possible I missed something.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Time to reinstall Shadow of Mordor to get ready, if only I wasn't at work now so I could play it when I get home :(

With the Steam app, you can do that!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Darksiders is my favorite Zelda game.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I think I read somewhere that they had their budget cut or something for the last two areas. Which is a shame, since DS2 was awesome up to that point, then just merely good.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm playing Breath of the Wild and I've been able to bomb butterflies, squirrels, birds, boars, and knock trees over with bombs. :allears:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

In the beginning of Persona 5, you're asked a yes/no question about if you understand that the game is a work of fiction and the events are coincidental to persons living or dead to people in your world. If you answer no, you're kicked back to the title screen because they think you're going to believe it's all real.

Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm trying to avoid spoilers for the game.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

Another great little thing - if you try to pull that in Persona 4 Golden, this happens, and everyone hates you and you feel miserable and no one wins, it's great.

In vanilla Persona 4, you could be dating every girl at once, with bo repercussions. I was actually pretty disappointed when I found that out.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

*mashes the Y button to constantly twirl lightsabers while running around in Knights of the Old Republic*

I was just about to post this. Mine were always red and green, because then I was Darth Krampus.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I played some Red Faction tonight and goddamn, is the shotgun satisfying. It's got a heavy blast to it and, more often than not, blasts enemies back a few feet. All the weapons have some sort of alt-fire; the shotgun's regular is a two shell blast, and the alt-fire is loving full-auto mayhem.

I also think the soundtrack is cool.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

berenzen posted:

Because this is the little things thread rather than the bitching thread.

My favourite little thing about Fallout New Vegas is how it handled 'radioactive water'- in that large bodies of water weren't radioactive at all. Contrast this with 3's radioactive ocean, which doesn't loving work if you have a high-school education's idea of how radiation works.

Are oceans too big to become irradiated? We never talked about radiation in high school, aside from a small bit about Three Mile Island in history.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Is there a PFY Speedrun thread? I tried searching for one, but no results came about. I'm not sure if that means there isn't one, or if the search function just hosed up for me.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Barudak posted:

It hosed up because there is definitely such a thread and itll be bustling as heck in about two weeks.

Could I get the link to that thread?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Mad Max is pretty good. I'm enjoying how Chumbucket automatically hops out of the car to repair it when I park.

I've seen some complaints about the combat, but I'm enjoying it so far, mostly because Max occasionally suplexes and body slams dudes.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Caufman posted:

It's also one of the prettiest open world car games I've played.

Sometimes the modern human just needs to chill out and drive along the plains of silence.

I do like how it can get oddly serene, and then Chum is yelling at me about a sniper or something.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm liking Mad Max better than most other open world games I've played. I think it's because the world feels a little more alive, somehow, even if it just endless desertand mountains. There's also being able to drive a kickass car everywhere.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Abuse alchemy for practically instant-win buttons. Especially Crush.

Secret of Evermore is pretty good, and the dog is a loving fantastic companion.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The FFXII re-release is really pretty. Like, not the best looking game ever, but it's nice to look at.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

PubicMice posted:

This is the thing that gets to me, people almost never check the buttons in a new game. I don't know if it's something only fighting game players do and I just picked it up from there or what, but button checking is always the first thing I do in any game, it just makes sense!

I am a button checker, too. I've gotta know, even though the game will probably explain most of it to me when I start it up.

I miss manuals. One of the best parts of getting a new game was cracking open the little book they wrote to go with it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I somehow missed that joke when I first played, but replaying it last year, I nearly choked when I got to that moment.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

brb digging out my copies of Aria and Dawn of Sorrow

Seriously, those games were the poo poo. Excellent exploration, cool mechanics, neat gimmicks, and a neat cast of characters.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Persona 5 is my game of the year for this year and probably next year.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The Nightmare on Elm Street game for the NES is actually kind of fun, to branch off of what Danaru said. You can transform into the different Dream Warriors, including a ninja, and gain different abilities, including a better attack and better jump, there were a fair amount of levels and I think you could play with three people at once.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yakuza 0

Yeah I don't know anything about the series beyond this but uh, Majima's a goddamn freak.

http://i.imgur.com/IyDizNT.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/qyMSAUq.mp4

I don't need to know anything about the Yakuza series beyond that.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm buying that game in two weeks.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I really wish Lost Odyssey would get a steam port or something because I don't have a 360 anymore. It was a cool game that did some interesting stuff. I liked that half the roster were immortals and gameplay-wise would auto-revive after a while and unlike normal people they could learn skills by equipping poo poo for a certain amount of battles. It was neat.

If you have an XBone, it's available on their store. I think it's $25, but I don't remember exactly.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I always wanted a Blade game with that style of combat. I think letting those guys go wild with death animations and different kills could workout really well.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

SomeJazzyRat posted:

So how does that work for traversing staircases? Is it just 'pushing' the world/items/enemies/whatever up or down but treating them all as if they're on a flat plane?

I can't visualize that correctly and when I try, I feel slightly uncomfortable. It's bizarre.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Wait, are you supposed to run from the Nightmare? I've blitzed every one I've encountered and blown them away with the shotgun. They fall easily enough, I thought.

I'm on normal; are you guys on hard?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The wii was nore graphically capable than the GC, notably so when it came to doing lighting. A lot of GC games looked really flat.

However, Resident Evil 4 looked loving fantastic. And they could fit so many enemies on screen, and the cutscenes would reflect your costume choice.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Second Sight was the poo poo and completely worth playing. It's been a long time since it came out, though, so the controls might be a little rough.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Wade, from GTA5, is loving fantastic.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Okay, you like the game, we get it. But, you're not doing a great job convincing anyone to play it; you've made it sound like a boring slog with varying builds of similarity.

Maybe next time, don't be such a dick about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Somfin posted:

Just because I'm morbidly curious, what's a game you would say has good build variety?

There was a lot you could do in Diablo 2, across all the classes, there were lots of builds. A fair few could take you through Nightmare, but getting into Hell trimmed it down.

Borderlands seemed easy enough to do kind of whatever before you felt any major pressure. As did Diablo 3. Dragon's Dogma, too, I think. Maybe the Mass Effect games, too, at least the first one.

Fallout let you go crazy with how you wanted to build yourself. I've heard there's a lot to FF14, too, but I never played it.