Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

AFewBricksShy posted:

In Mercenaries, I always liked that if I needed a helicopter, I'd just bring out my sniper rifle, wait for one to fly by, and pick off the pilot. 50% of the time, the helicopter would crash but still be usable.

Not sure about Mercs 1 but in Mercs 2 you could just grapple the choppers and hijack them.

Mercs 2 co-op with a friend is an absolute laugh riot, makes me really wish we got Mercs Inc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
The first and last look at Mercs 3 :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YAuGSlvEpA

and of course Mercs Inc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwRYU6xrJ8

beato has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Jun 11, 2014

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Caufman posted:

Something I learned according to the creators' commentary: the word "Fantasy" would not fit behind that character's head.

That wasn't obvious from just looking at it? :raise:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

EmmyOk posted:

Not to keep mentioning Dishonored but I found a random letter in an abandoned building that contained a scathing rant written by a Percival Cox.

Also looking at Trophies for Ni No Kuni and the one for beating Shadar is "A Tonic for the Djinn , which I thought was quite clever.

Speaking of trophies, when you complete the trophy list for Noby Noby Boy it forms a nice long picture.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

biosterous posted:

Far Cry 3
It's a shame the story is balls, but the gameplay definitely makes up for it. Also the co-op campaign is tons of fun.

The co-op was one of the best things in the game, a friend and I played one level per night to stretch it out we had a riot. I'd take co-op over regular "vs" multiplayer stuff any-day.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Mercs 2 co-op was a blast, the only drawback being the progress only saved to the host's game, that and all the bugs.

The co-op challenges on Burnout Paradise were also well done.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

RagnarokAngel posted:

ultimately axed it because they couldnt make it fun or interesting.

There's so many games that would benefit from doing this in regards to multiplayer modes.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
If you unlocked Stinker the skunk he will fall in love with, and chase after, another player's Black Tabby pet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXc1YzO3ZzQ

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Space/futuristic shooters are not really my cup of tea but it's been getting so much praise I'm tempted to buy it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Captain Lavender posted:

See I love that. It's why I couldn't stand WoW. Some of the best times playing Ultima Online where when I'd be hunting deer and rabbits, and then some Lich Lord would show up out of no where, and I'd have to GTFO.

I dunno before they nerfed all the random elites in WoW I'd always be checking my back, and walking through Stranglethorn Vale to get to Booty Bay before you got your mount was nerve racking as hell.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Calaveron posted:

Y'know, after stuff like Blood Dragon, Drive, and stuff, it's made me wonder why they haven't done an open-world game with an 80's aesthetic. Just letterman jackets and pastel neon lights and soundtrack done by the likes of Timecop1983 or Kavinsky.

It's almost as if GTA Vice City never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

poonchasta posted:

EDIT: Imagine driving to a clothing store in game and shopping for scorpion jackets and different stuntman masks.

You're in luck! Here's a video showing the jacket, the mask shop is at the beach there are tons to choose from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pThhh3gu-aQ