Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

triplexpac posted:

I forgot all about this game. Is there any way to play it these days? Didn't see it on Steam or GOG

It used to be on Steam, but it got pulled for some reason (likely to do with rights of something or other). I don't think people are particularly clamoring for the rights issues to be sorted, since it's not especially a well loved classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Shadow of Mordor is pissing me off! I have a nemesis, and he is goddamned everywhere! I just want to go somewhere and he pops up. I got lucky and killed him once, but he's still coming out on top. He's doubled in power level since I first met him.

And why am I posting in this thread? Because that Uruk is the driving force for me to seek out upgrades. I want to destroy the bastard.

Be sure to send him a Death Threat when you get the opportunity. :getin:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Mega Man X was something I'd never played until today, and its wall-jumping is so well done that it has retroactively made every other game I've played with wall jumping worse in comparison.

My favorite little (little?) thing in Mega Man X was when the stages would change depending on which of the bosses you'd beaten. I remember Spark Mandrill no longer being able to use his electricity charge attack if you beat a certain boss, and I think Flame Mammoth's lost a lot of fire if you beat another boss. It was a really cool thing that was never explicitly stated. I don't know if the other X games did that, though.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Gamma Nerd posted:

Cast from HP attacks are actually a really smart design decision that's one of my favorite parts of the SMT games. All physical attacks in most recent SMT games are cast from HP. It makes it so that, even when MP is depleted, you still have useful tools to approach random encounters with, and don't just have to use your weak default attacks and wear down enemies slowly.

I was sorta annoyed when SMT4 didn't do the HP for phys skills thing. I also sorta wish early game phys skills didn't suck so hard, especially when you're at a point in the game where your healing skills are single target and also don't heal for that much and the risk isn't even worth it since the damage is barely more than your regular attack.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I played through Saints Row 3 and this scene happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KdwbygnAc0