Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sardonik posted:

I picked up the Diablo 3 expansion on a lark because it was on sale for 50% off, and continued on in my main game. I think I tripped over the hidden level. :stare:

The story behind that level is the best. They released some screenshots before Diablo 3 came out and in one it had a waterfall and because of the water spray there was a rainbow effect. A bunch of nerds got mad because "RAINBOWS IN DIABLO YOU'RE RUINING IT!" so they just went whole hog and made that level to troll the hell out of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DrBouvenstein posted:

Back the gently caress up a minute.

Mario 3 has a NG+ mode?!

Also, the best NG+ mode is actually the orginal Legend of Zelda.

"Oh, you think you've got every dungeon location, secret door, heart container, etc... memorized? Yeah, gently caress you."

Still never beaten it after all these years...I mean, I could if I just used a walkthrough, but I didn't need one to beat the original mode when I was 8, and I don't need one now! :mad:

The pinnacle of NG+ for me is Chrono Trigger. Wake up, go to a fair, immediately defeat a world destroyer.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Saints Row 2 let me walk around with a pimp cane shotgun while completely nude and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kanfy posted:

Well bad haircuts are a given since it's e-sports, but otherwise there are a whole lot of weirder looking people in the world than those dudes.

CS:GO pro players require at least one good haircut per team if you really want to reach the top.

I just finished replaying Mass Effect 3 as I hadn't played it since they patched in better endings, but I like that you can find your space hamster wandering around your ship. I missed that guy. Also that Tali yells "GO FOR THE EYES!" when she sends out her little droid.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

Far Cry 4 is pretty great. Full of nice little touches. No idea if they were in 2 or 3 as well, haven't played those.

Anyway, there's an auto drive feature and it is great. As long as you're on a proper road, you just press a button and it automatically drives you to your waypoint. Very useful as I haven't quite got the hang of the vehicle controls yet. Also you can ride elephants, and all the bad guys freak out about it. With good reason, elephants kick rear end in that game. I was trying to take out an outpost and I guess I acdidentally freed an elephant I hadn't noticed and he did the whole thing for me pretty much.

It is missing the Blood Dragon feature of being able to give everything the finger though, as far as I can tell.

If you use melee on an elephant while your crosshair is on another elephant, that elephant starts following you. Soon you have an army of giant animals storming an outpost.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

In Watch Dogs you can't really gank, though, just sort of annoy and possibly cost a small amount of time and status.

Watch Dogs had few redeeming qualities but it had an app for your phone where you could challenge a friend and they'd try to race through different checkpoints while you were on your phone blowing up steam pipes and setting up traps. You'd follow them in a helicopter which they could get out and destroy, which would make it so you couldn't set anything up for a few seconds until another one arrived. One of the few times I bothered with an outside the game tie-in type thing.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I love the friendly old guy who keeps bringing counterfeit papers and when you tell him you can't let him in he's all "ok my friend see you tomorrow!.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

darkwasthenight posted:

I know Red Dead Redemption is an old game but it's one I go back to repeatedly because I love the setting.

The thunderstorms are brilliant atmosphere in themselves and I spend ages just riding around in the rain, but I just realised if you put the camera at a low angle (as if you're looking up from under your hat) when it's raining the screen starts filling up with water drops. Just adds nicely to the ambience.

This is the only reason I still own a PS3. I can't believe they haven't ported it to PC yet.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Ang Lee Hulk movie tie in game was bad and the worst part were stealth missions where you had to play as Banner and really how could Banner ever be fun to play as? Well Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was real fun and as a play on how much people hated the stealth missions in the other one, they added their own. Hulk would destroy a truck, pick up the frame, cover himself with it, and walk around like some sort of gamma powered Fred Flintstone.

Also there was an unlockable Savage Bruce Banner skin.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

blunt for century posted:

I will never ever ever ever get tired of screwing up jumps accidentally or intentionally. It's hilarious every single time.

I like just running and jumping into someone. For some reason I laugh like an idiot every time Trevor dives at someone and calls them an idiot.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Stephen Ogg pretty much is Trevor as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMuJbn_OhA

They did a pretty good job with them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best Batman thing is you can grab something from the police evidence room and when you're walking out you hear a cop say "I'm not gonna try to stop him."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Batmobile is super cool in Batman video game. I called it in while a bunch of folks were surrounding me and it crashed through a fence and knocked them all down down and they went running and screaming.

Also Batman's detective vision was updated to show new info

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beastie posted:

They animated the holographic contact lenses on Batman's eyes when he's using the communications thing with oracle.

If you turn the camera while talking to Alfred you can make it look like he has Batman ears. I did it every time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got around to playing Max Payne 3 after having it forever. I like how Max's suits are always wrinkled because he just buys them and leaves them on the floor.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dewgy posted:

I've uh... never played that one.

It's a perfectly cromulent game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

The last good mgs game was snake eater

Was this before or after Revengeance because that's the best Metal Gear and also the only one I played?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ScreamingNinja posted:

Counter point. Theres a character named dudu and anytime he's mentioned it makes me laugh at serious moments.

And Dandelion's voice actor still sounds super weird.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just want to know if you can recruit the bear. I want to ride it into battle.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lord Lambeth posted:

Whenever I buy MGSV, my merc army will be called Motherboy XXX. Or near as possible.

Mine's named 69 Chick and I'm pretty happy with it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want to say Hulk: Ultimate Destruction had a count of how much damage you did. God I wish they'd make another one of those. I've mentioned it before in this thread but it is top tier as far as superhero games go. Hell, freeroaming games in general. Elbow dropping tanks and knocking down buildings.

Superman Returns was a lovely game but I loved the flying mechanics about it. Mainly because if you got up high and got up enough speed you'd break the sound barrier and create a sonic boom.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Spider-Man 2 was awesome for its time. The first one with free swinging. I remember spending hours just swinging around and geeking out about it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was laying on a mountain face down trying to hide from a tank and with that dog standing above me. Then he lifted his leg.

gently caress you dog, not cool.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I liked Payday 2 because of all the dumb weapon combos but I stopped playing it a couple months after it came out because it was super repetitive.

But I did make this

And a gun so long it didn't fit on the screen.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah I have a bunch of women on mine but sadly none that I can play as during deployment. When are you going allow women on the front lines, Big Boss?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't micromanage. I figure they'd get there themselves through auto-sort and gumption.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

So you want women to overcome systematic oppression by pulling themselves up by their bootstraps, huh :rolleyes:

I was looking through and apparently one did and I missed it.

Twilight Marlin is a shining example of Big Boss's Women in Combat program.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Early L4D was amazing just because it was so easy to be an rear end in a top hat to your teammates on it. If you just straight ran for it and left everyone else behind you could run in front of the horde spawn. So you'd be in the safe room alone and your teammates would all be laying there being eaten by zombies.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kimmalah posted:

I like that there's the option to quit out of VATS early if I can see the shots aren't landing or I crippled the enemy like I wanted. Knowing I'd wasted all my AP was always such a bad feeling in the previous games.

Hopefully it'll also help when the game inevitably bugs out and I get stuck just standing there getting beaten in slow motion.

Hit VATS, first shot lands just as the guy steps behind a wall.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That reminds me the Mercenaries 2 commercial had the best song and I'm pretty sure it was made just for the trailer. https://youtu.be/daIrc6uBRkc

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I found this in a bathroom playing Fallout 4, I think it was in Mystic Pines. I laughed for a good five minutes.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Can you start the game by eating your wife

If you're a gentleman you do.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Samfucius posted:

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

I hope I didn't just get Star Wars spoilered in the video games thread like a few days before I see it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat how am I supposed to enjoy my Star Wars knowing that all this is going to happen? Do the lightsabers still make that whoosh sound?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Beastie posted:

I received Fallout 4 as a gift and I love that you can hold A to pick things up. I love rear end in a top hat physics like in Half-life 2 where you can pick up everything and huck it around the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Geniasis posted:

My roommate got that as a hard copy a few years back. It was a lot of fun. I don't recall what happens if you pick all the canonical choices though. Does it just take you through the plot of hamlet?

More importantly, can you get Hamlet to check the castle tower to make sure no vampires have made it into your home base?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Tardcore posted:

I want to play a game as Bernie Sanders

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

Yeah, I always have to try the flamethrower in a video game, just in case it turns out to be the legendary Video Game in Which the Flamethrower is Useful. It never is though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUCXpSPUF3c

Black Ops 3 has a good flamethrower but you can only use it a few times a round.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I bought Dragon Quest Heroes since I have a console now. I put it in, turned on the game, the music started, and I got punched in the face with nostalgia. So there's that. I like that.

I hope there's a part where someone constantly asks "Dost thou love me?"

Edit: Holy poo poo the dialogue is incredibly cheesy I love every bit of it.

Edit 2: I just went super Saiyan. This owns.

Push El Burrito has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Feb 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hirayuki posted:

I love the consistency throughout the DQ series--music/SFX especially, but also character design, enemies, overall tone. You can pick up any DQ-titled game and feel that rush of nostalgia. I'm playing DQ Theatrhythm now and really digging it, and now I see I might have to pick up DQ Heroes, too. :allears:

I never played a DQ game growing up, though I watched others play; I was more into FF. I started feeling like the FF series took itself way too goddamn seriously, though, so I'm firmly in the DQ camp now.

I like all the slime puns :3: