Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Remaster? Didn't the original come out last year?

They've renamed the series to Like A Dragon in the west now, which is a more accurate translation of the Japanese name, new games aren't going to be called Yakuza anymore.

So the sequel to Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon, is going to be Like A Dragon 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Pretty much all the civilians evacuated because Scarecrow threatened to gas the city. Only people left are criminals, cops and a few unlucky people who didn't get out in time. And later a PMC.

So you can only "knock out" bad guys with your tank and there's no one else on the streets.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

bawk posted:

Link canonically completed all 120 shrines in BOTW because you start TOTK with full hearts, but also handed in 0 Korok seeds because Hestu has no idea who the gently caress he is

I see the Koroks as being weirdos with no attention span, if you're not one of them or constantly around them, they'll forget who you are in a week or two.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Spec ops: the line and its multiplayer mode that completely missed the point

I think the director of Spec Ops called the multiplayer something like "a festering tumour on the disc".
He wasn't a fan.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

NoiseAnnoys posted:

bg3 sounds rad. anyone playing it on ps5? how’s the performance?

Not out yet, they bumped the PC release up a month to get out of the way of Starfield, which isn't a concern on the PS5. Also I assume they can't just change a PS5 release date like they can on Steam, I assume Sony might be more strict than Valve. That or the PS5 version wasn't ready enough to push up.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

One thing that Starfield has brought back is dialogue options based on skills. I was doing a mission set on a hospital station and I was able to convince a doctor to let me in a secure area because I had ranks in the medical skill.

Something that surprised me is I was doing one of the faction quest lines, and right near the end of it they give you an implant that influences other people. I was expecting this to be just a plot thing, but it actually unlocks a skill in the social tree, one of the ones in the last tier that you need to spend like a dozen points of something in the tree to even be allowed to unlock. So the game just gave me a high level perk for free, which lets me give a command to random NPCs that aren't in combat with me, and even comes up in conversations from time to time skipping the persuasion minigame (but not all the time).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The PS4 version is bad. Cyberpunk should have never came out on PS4 and Xbone. Those versions didn't even get the DLC since they wouldn't have been able to handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Firmament really comes across as a game that would have been cancelled if it hadn't been a Kickstarter game. It feels like the development kinda petered out and they just threw what they had together and covered the seams or whatever. Since it was a successful Kickstarter, they had to deliver something, if it wasn't for that, I doubt it would have gotten released.

I'm being optimistic and not holding it against Cyan and hoping the Riven remake won't have remotely the same issues.