Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strayer
May 19, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Skyrim didn't remove the ability to break the game, it removed the ability to break the game in a fun way. You break Skyrim, there's not much to it, you just become an unstoppable knight. And sure, you can just be an unstoppable knight in Morrowind and Oblivion, but it's much more lucrative, and much more fun, to get creative and go loving insane. This is especially true in Morrowind, but Oblivion will let you flip out if you're clever too.

One of my most favorite things in Morrowind was that if you cranked your strength high enough through alchemy, your weapon would shatter on impact with the enemy. You could hit dudes so hard in that game that it would kill the enemy AND your sword instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strayer
May 19, 2006

Samuringa posted:

At the risk of invoking the gun nuts, isn't that a mechanic in real life? The last rounds of a magazine are tracers or something so you know you're getting close to the end?

Some groups load tracers at the end of a magazine for that purpose, but there's no mechanical indicator of low ammo left in mag. It's an awesome mechanic that I never knock though, as it is always nice to have subtle cues that may not be realistic or diagetic but give you feedback. Same reason I like hitmarkers in shooters.