Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Wow today's episode is really poorly-directed. Or at least whoever was in charge of storyboards is incompetent on a basic level. They lack any good establishing shots, and there are times when Marie looks off-screen to respond to a character saying something, but we never see the character who made that statement (even worse, she looks in a direction away from where that character is standing in a previous or later shot, so it doesn't even make sense on that level).

I thought switching to A1 would have had an improvement of visuals, but this is just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Dessel posted:

Is it weird for me wanting Adachi to have a redeeming quality of any sort? Well, I suppose you can entertain the idea that he felt left out/rejected everywhere and went completely off the hinges thanks to that. Sort of the guy who's supposed to be bullied, I suppose? Except most of it is inside his head. His entire persona makes me think of school shootings - except at least *some* of those culprits have better motives than Adachi does (extreme bullying, etc.)

I don't think we're supposed to feel that his background justifies his actions, but rather that we are meant to understand his motivations. I think the last few episodes have been interesting because they don't redeem him so much as give depth to his actions beyond "he's just evil suddenly". Having him reject and fear social interaction with others, and then form a bond with Dojima filling an emotional hole he didn't know was there, makes him feel more human. Of course his jealousy and feelings of rejection are entirely irrational, but at least there's some kind of emotional profile being constructed.

I don't hate Marie as much as most people seem to, but I can definitely see how her design tries way too hard and that Atlus is pushing her a bit much. Honestly her lovely poetry is kinda funny, and if they gave her more normal shoes and cut down on the striped tights, her design wouldn't clash so much with everyone else. She has potential to be a decent character, but these results ain't it.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Well that whole thing was pretty lovely. It felt even more like fanfiction than the original Marie Golden scenes.

• Locked thread