Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
hey wjats up guys i want to show you my dudes i made in elder scrolls online

1: AL-TANEEN redguard dragon knight
Level's not so high yet but im really enjoying this char, it's a mostly medium armor, dps and weapons focused dragon knight. idgaf about these people saying stamina builds are underpowered, i'm sure they;ll patch it eventually

ATTACK BAR (dualwield): rapid strikes, stone giant, burning talons, whirling blades, molten armaments, take flight
DEFENSE BAR (1h+shield): ransack, stone giant, volatile armor, shield charge, dragon blood, magma armor

the defense bar is really geared a lot towards buff/debuffing and damage moves that also incapacitate. shield charge owns in particular. basically i made this guy to just run in and kick the poo poo out of everything

2: BLANCHETTE breton sorcerer
This is a support-oriented char, all magic using (light armour, destruction staff and restoration staff) and uses a lot of crowd control and aoe stuff to avoid a straight fight. this one also has the lion's share of the crafting skills. trying not to be a healer because gently caress being the healer

SPLIT 'EM UP BAR (ice staff): endless fury, frost clench, rune prison, crystal fragments, weakness to elements, negate magic
ALL TOGETHER BAR (restoration staff): endless fury, restraining prison, circle of protection, liquid lightning, healing springs, greater storm atronach

These bars are in a state of flux at the moment because i just unlocked impulse (instant aoe damage at self) on the destro staff which really makes the destro staff bar look like the one to stick all the aoe stuff onto. haven't figured it out yet

I made a bow/dual wield wood elf nightblade as well but i haven't done much beyond the noob island with him so dunno what abilities i'm going to keep using

so anyway welcome to the thread come and sperg out about your rpg chartacters doesn't have to be eso because i know nobody plays that mess

Abandon fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

this is gay

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Abandon posted:

ATTACK BAR (dualwield): rapid strikes, stone giant, burning talons, whirling blades, molten armaments, take flight
DEFENSE BAR (1h+shield): ransack, stone giant, volatile armor, shield charge, dragon blood, magma armor
That's sick.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
take flight is the best opener, you just turn into a fuckin dragon and swoop down on bitches

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Abandon posted:

take flight is the best opener, you just turn into a fuckin dragon and swoop down on bitches

me, whenever I sex

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i know right
bunch of bitches just hangin out and im like kablammo, dragon up in their poo poo

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
i take flight when i see a woman too

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
let me tell you about my characters in eso brah

they're so uh high level n' poo poo

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I gave my guy my friend Karl's full name. He was an orc with beautiful blue eyes and luxurious red hair past his shoulders and his facial features were set to 100% heroic.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Evolution of a Protagonist
Nany Katman, A very pleased Breton today as her lust for power grows. Not only a Master In Werewolf form but also a Master Vampire.
A Screenshot of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
By: Chaz

Nany Katman prepares for Skinny dipping.The Non-Steam Version I clocked well over 1000 Hrs and stopped counting.Now it's time for a do-over.
A Screenshot of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Be seeing you......IN YOUR NIGHTMARES!! GWAHAHAHA FOR LORD DAGON!
A Screenshot of

Hot summer day like today, Nany Katman decides to get ready for a day at the beach.
A Screenshot of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

What you're viewing above is the history and evolution of my character and Tamriel's protagonist: Nany Katman.

She starts out and is brought to life in Morrowind, then later over the years transitions into Oblivion where we really start to have fun with LORD DAGON! , then is currently still alive and kicking after how many centuries (dot dot dot) in Skyrim and the modern day and age fully developed and evolved character with a deep, rich history spanning 3, yes count them, 3 elder scrolls story lines.

Who here can say the same.? Like to know more. ? Feel free to browse my screenshots of non-steam game oblivion, then steam games The elder scrolls: Morrowind, The elder scrolls:Oblivion and The elder scrolls: Skyrim.

Coming soon: The elder scrolls: Online

Yes I have plans for this installment too.

Bio:
NANY KATMAN is a Breton Warrior. Trained in the skills of lethal Assassination, Alchemy, Spell Casting, Archery, and a Master of Daggers. Born Under the sign of LORD DAGON she secretly infiltrated the Dark Brotherhood in order to get close to the Night Mother in hopes of meeting Lord Sithis as this is her only one lead to finding his brother, Anu. Once she finds Anu she will Assassinate him to become the ruler of the Dark Void Magic.

Officially cast out of the Mythic Dawn by LORD DAGGON himself as a blaspheming pariah, LORD DAGON knew this would be the only way she could gain admittance to the dark brotherhood. At the age of 10 she was branded as cute as a tom-boy. At age 16 it was no longer cute so she decided to make all men who mocked her into Eunuchs.

As skilled as she is she also learned a great deal in Armor crafting. She hides herself well and never gets close to anyone. When she removes the Armor she is seen as an innocent ray of light reflecting off the sweetest drop of Honey. No one would ever suspect her sordid past. If one were to ask her, Nany Katman would reply simply that she does not have a sordid past as is the way of life. But then she would immediately take your life before you knew what had happened.

Nany Katman has indeed a very unique Biography and has been said amongst the daedra That LORD DAGON himself even fears her. There is even rumor among the Aedra that is Nany Katman who turned Lord Sheogorath insane so long ago. Which is only rumor as it had been reported that Nany Katman is in her 20’s or could be in her 30’s. So how could this be?

Want her help? **Click here** Or in her ghost form **Click here**

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i did not buy this game op

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

Cosby Onahole posted:

Evolution of a Protagonist
Nany Katman, A very pleased Breton today as her lust for power grows. Not only a Master In Werewolf form but also a Master Vampire.
A Screenshot of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Nany Katman prepares for Skinny dipping.The Non-Steam Version I clocked well over 1000 Hrs and stopped counting.Now it's time for a do-over.
A Screenshot of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Be seeing you......IN YOUR NIGHTMARES!! GWAHAHAHA FOR LORD DAGON!
A Screenshot of

Hot summer day like today, Nany Katman decides to get ready for a day at the beach.
A Screenshot of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

What you're viewing above is the history and evolution of my character and Tamriel's protagonist: Nany Katman.

She starts out and is brought to life in Morrowind, then later over the years transitions into Oblivion where we really start to have fun with LORD DAGON! , then is currently still alive and kicking after how many centuries (dot dot dot) in Skyrim and the modern day and age fully developed and evolved character with a deep, rich history spanning 3, yes count them, 3 elder scrolls story lines.

Who here can say the same.? Like to know more. ? Feel free to browse my screenshots of non-steam game oblivion, then steam games The elder scrolls: Morrowind, The elder scrolls:Oblivion and The elder scrolls: Skyrim.

Coming soon: The elder scrolls: Online

Yes I have plans for this installment too.

Bio:
NANY KATMAN is a Breton Warrior. Trained in the skills of lethal Assassination, Alchemy, Spell Casting, Archery, and a Master of Daggers. Born Under the sign of LORD DAGON she secretly infiltrated the Dark Brotherhood in order to get close to the Night Mother in hopes of meeting Lord Sithis as this is her only one lead to finding his brother, Anu. Once she finds Anu she will Assassinate him to become the ruler of the Dark Void Magic.

Officially cast out of the Mythic Dawn by LORD DAGGON himself as a blaspheming pariah, LORD DAGON knew this would be the only way she could gain admittance to the dark brotherhood. At the age of 10 she was branded as cute as a tom-boy. At age 16 it was no longer cute so she decided to make all men who mocked her into Eunuchs.

As skilled as she is she also learned a great deal in Armor crafting. She hides herself well and never gets close to anyone. When she removes the Armor she is seen as an innocent ray of light reflecting off the sweetest drop of Honey. No one would ever suspect her sordid past. If one were to ask her, Nany Katman would reply simply that she does not have a sordid past as is the way of life. But then she would immediately take your life before you knew what had happened.

Nany Katman has indeed a very unique Biography and has been said amongst the daedra That LORD DAGON himself even fears her. There is even rumor among the Aedra that is Nany Katman who turned Lord Sheogorath insane so long ago. Which is only rumor as it had been reported that Nany Katman is in her 20’s or could be in her 30’s. So how could this be?

Want her help? **Click here** Or in her ghost form **Click here**

Thats a bit heavy. usually I think of a cool looking character and an appropriate name and let it go at that
I think the most sophisticated I got was with a don quixote like paladin nord guy I made in skyrim who was nord diaspora living in high rock (thats why he'#s a knight) but idealism made him go join a foreign civil war and then winning the war fills him with guilt, something along those lines. It's just because I was thinking about George Orwell homage to Catalonia. The actual character was boring as poo poo because I was a tank in a single player rpg

Abandon fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 9, 2014

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
hey guys just wanna show you where im at with blanchette at level 48

i skipped being a healer because i tried running some dungeons as the healer but i didn't do so good for whatever reason (probably not enough crit boosting or something?), so i'm going for a kind of damage buffing combat support role. i can kill stuff pretty well but i don't think the build is quite primary damage dealer. anyway here's the bars i've been soloing with recently

DESTRUCTION STAFF (assault)
1: crushing shock (destruction staff)
2: shadow silk (undaunted)
3: rapid maneuver (assault)
4: crystal fragments (dark magic)
5: elemental ring (destruction staff)
U: greater storm atronach (daedric summoning)

RESTORATION STAFF (aoe and support)
1: endless fury (storm calling)
2: restraining prison (dark magic)
3: combat prayer (restoration staff)
4: liquid lightning (storm calling)
5: bolt escape (storm calling)
U: suppression field (dark magic)

i've got rapid maneuver sitting there on my primary bar but that's mainly because i want to level it up to where it morphs into retreating maneuver, which lets you break out of cc. that gives me a good stamina burning support move. in a group i will also prob. put healing springs on the secondary bar, maybe put elemental drain on the attack bar, and also stick ring of preservation somewhere because it's pretty good and also uses stamina

i haven't had the chance to properly battle test shadow silk so i'm not sure if the spider summoning thing that allies can do is just a useless gimmick but it's a fairly useful snare when soloing anyway. not as good as destructive clench if there's nobody around to summon the spiders. spiders are cool anyway. i want to be a spooky witch that summons spiders. that's who i am inside

Abandon fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jul 7, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Dongslayer. posted:

i did not buy this game op

I actually really like the Elder Scrolls franchise and this looks interesting, but on the other hand I don't normally play MMOs and keep hearing this game is poo poo. Should I bother?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

I actually really like the Elder Scrolls franchise and this looks interesting, but on the other hand I don't normally play MMOs and keep hearing this game is poo poo. Should I bother?

if you like poo poo games and MMOs then you should totes buy ESO

edit: has this poo poo game gone free to play yet?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Gobblecoque posted:

if you like poo poo games and MMOs then you should totes buy ESO

edit: has this poo poo game gone free to play yet?

So basically a yes and a no then. But I don't like to pay subscription fees for my lovely games, so I'll wait it out.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
it's fairly good
i wouldn't say it's amazing or anything but i'm still enjoying it, i occasionally get a sinking feeling of "i'm getting to the dregs of the game content now" but nah it's good

my review of eso
1: pve ("solo") stuff - it's kind of trashy compared to proper elder scrolls games and you start to miss the battle auto levelling if you end up over-level for the quests in your current area (the fights get too easy and boring and don't properly battle test your moves). but you get plenty quest material to keep you entertained while you exxplore all the abilities you can unlock and morph to make up your hotbars. you get a lot of freedom to pick what combination of moves you have because the classes don't lock you into any weapon or armour types, though they do tend to favour particular styles, e.g. dragonknight is full of close range moves and things that are helpful for tanks

there is a nice element of ad hoc temporary teaming up that happens in the quests, which in particular happens around world bosses, dark anchors, and in "public dungeons", which are essentially group dungeons that aren't instanced, so you need to have other people around to help you or you die, but you don't need to formally be in a group or anything.

2: group dungeons
really fun when you get a good team but greatly hamstrung by the fact that currently they are also at fixed level, so if you're the wrong level for them it's not as much fun and also the group tool doesn't let you search for teammates, so you have to be in a guild or failing that beg on zone chat or go and bother people standing around otuside the door. they are going to release a fix that makes the dungeons auto level which i really hope makes these problems go away because the dungeons are definitely cool when the difficulty level is right

3: pvp
i don't care for it really, i don't like zerging because it's just a dumbass spam fest and i don't want to poopsock my way to being able to go soloing in the pvp zone. i haven't tried grouping up in the pvp zone yet, so don't know much about the quests there because i'm still too low level to do them solo (there are normal quests, and dungeons and stuff that happen to be in the war zone where you could get ganked any moment, which i know floats some people's boat but im not into it really)
the performance of the pvp server is pretty dodgy at the moement but i'm in europe so i dunno if it's better in america

overall, i am happy with the game because it's either already good or i'm just waiting for them to fix it in a release cycle or two. it lets me do the thing i liked doing in skyrim - thinking of a character and levelling up through the game and making that character happen, battle testing it, all that stuff. in a good group the experience of playing it surpasses skyrim because you can be part of a team that in theory can have a battery of abilities that all combine together. the world is not as well realised or immersive but again there are some occasional scattered "skyrim moments" in there where you stop and look at some cool sunken ruins, etc. but that's peripheral to the mmo experience and i;m at peace with that

poo poo that's too many words

Abandon fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 7, 2014

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

they managed to make an elder scrolls game even more terrible by turning it into an MMO, surprise surprise

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Sorry, but why would you buy an elder scroll mmo and then not make a lizard or cat person to roleplay your sexual fantasies with?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
all I see is a bunch of n'wahs

you people all look alike

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

all I see is a bunch of n'wahs

you people all look alike

Go back to your slum, gray skin.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
hey gang i've got another up and coming character rigged up

EOENSELENDE'SERENHRYS EIS, altmer templar
The name is because of a dumb non-canonical idea i had that altmer should have really long names because they're ancestor worshippers and want their whole lineage in their name or something like that. It's a non-tanking, behind the frontline healer with a bow and aedric spear stuff to kite things and smack them out of melee range and generally fight defensively while not healing. I hit level 19 last night so a lot of abilities still unmorphed but it's looking good so far

HEALOMANIA BAR (restoration staff): illustrious healing, binding javelin, blessing of protection, lingering ritual, breath of life, rite of passage
REPULSION BAR (bow): venom arrow, scatter shot, arrow spray, dark flare, biting jabs, solar prison

i pretty much use the first bar all the time when running dungeons and the second bar most of the time when soloing. i use the restoration staff more often than the templar class skills to heal so i can stay behind the frontline but they're very useful as an oh poo poo button, especially rite of passage (that's kind of its sole purpose really)

reckon im gonna run some more group dungeons on this joint tonight, i don't know why people don't like going healer when the mechanics of it are almost exactly like being a damage dealer but in reverse

Dec 26, 2012

jesus look at you go

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Fuuuuccccccck ESO post about morrowind. Ban OP!n!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
im starting a list of things that are bad about eso, feel free to contribute

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
1. it's not morrowind

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

2: it's an mmo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Did anyone here actually pay for this thing

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Gobblecoque posted:

im starting a list of things that are bad about eso, feel free to contribute

What's the character limit on posts?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Ok here's my dude:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
haha elder scrolls online

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgowBLb4sKw

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
is this poo poo game free yet

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
lol @ OP

Dec 26, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

What's the character limit on posts?

50000 apparently:

on a related note assuming the steam thread has every op post near capacity you can fit the entirety of galtse 2-2.5 times in it

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

i like this

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://galtse.cx/

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

throw everyone who plays elder scrolls online into a decommissioned mine shaft and fill it with cement

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

here's my 'toon' guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
burn all people who call characters toons

• Locked thread