Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
burn all people who call characters toons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Hog Butcher posted:

this aint toontown folks

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
yeah there's something very second life about calling your guy a "toon"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Coolguye posted:

haha elder scrolls online

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

it's like the slav version of character.

yea bruv jus gonna roll me up a toon here

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously why play MMos at this point? Private servers are by far more enjoyable and they're cheap/free.

Also it takes a week to beat pretty much any MMO if you remove low drop rates and week long lockouts. Like this isn't even an exaggeration. If you could fight any boss at any time like Monster Hunter and gear up that way it shows just how artificially extended all the poo poo is.

ESO is probably going to be fun once it hits private servers. But live series you can't do poo poo like make custom campaigns or areas like every other Private Server MMO client.

That crazy rear end Wildstar attunement with 50 steps takes a sum total of 30 minutes if you remove all grinding and have proper scaling.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously why play MMos at this point? Private servers are by far more enjoyable and they're cheap/free.

Also it takes a week to beat pretty much any MMO if you remove low drop rates and week long lockouts. Like this isn't even an exaggeration. If you could fight any boss at any time like Monster Hunter and gear up that way it shows just how artificially extended all the poo poo is.

ESO is probably going to be fun once it hits private servers. But live series you can't do poo poo like make custom campaigns or areas like every other Private Server MMO client.

friends really. only time i've ever played mmos has been with friends.

playing an mmo alone is an operation in loneliness and frustration

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

especially so now that you don't even need to have companionship anymore in a lot of mmos. just queue up, kill some fucker, and never meet those people again

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LaTex Fetish posted:

especially so now that you don't even need to have companionship anymore in a lot of mmos. just queue up, kill some fucker, and never meet those people again

queuing wouldn't be that bad if they made it more specific instead of easiest mode possible. Like Queueing for achievements would be fun and make it possible for the fight to restart if the achievement messes up no penalties.

Also having the required makeup of 1 tank one healer and 3 dps always causes a bottleneck no matter what. Diablo 3;ROS did it better with the whole any group makeup can kill things.

Dec 26, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

you should bhave named your second character "orbelia' or some such to follow the theme established by the first

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

Abandon posted:

HEALOMANIA BAR (restoration staff): illustrious healing, binding javelin, blessing of protection, lingering ritual, breath of life, rite of passage
REPULSION BAR (bow): venom arrow, scatter shot, arrow spray, dark flare, biting jabs, solar prison
Goddamn. Nice.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

i'm having Dragon Age 2 flashbacks lol.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

this loving rules

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't get why they don't hire more than 1 or 2 people for dungeons per elder scrolls game.

Like seriously having like 10-15 people on dungeons would probably help.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
"lets see guys the player is probs gonna spend like 70 percent of their time in dungeons better put some effort into them"

"uh wait gently caress effort lol"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gobblecoque posted:

"lets see guys the player is probs gonna spend like 70 percent of their time in dungeons better put some effort into them"

"uh wait gently caress effort lol"

No joke the devs were bragging about getting the tile sets done and then taking 8 hours to arrange them. It took around a week to finish everything. The last 8 hours were the time period they made all the dungeons out of the sets they made.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I remember Everquest having dungeons with like a dozen floors and secret tunnels exiting into multiple far apart zones.

So basically MMOs have actually somehow gone backwards over the years.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Sharmat posted:

I remember Everquest having dungeons with like a dozen floors and secret tunnels exiting into multiple far apart zones.

Everquest dungeons had a shitload of areas where your corpse could fall down and get stuck and you could not get it back.

While fun in a dangerious way the first few times, it got pretty tiresome.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It just seems like games could have learned from perhaps the only cool thing about Everquest instead of just getting rid of some of the bad parts

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

it's not the surprising when you think about the philosophy behind making an mmo now, vs then

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I wonder how many goons must shamefully hide their possession of that boxed set from their fellows

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I wonder how many proudly display their god of rape on the mantlemonitor

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

poo poo, I normally jump on every new MMO and even I passed on ESO. Glad to see I wasn't mistaken in my assumption that it would be bad even by new MMO standards.

The Sharmat posted:

Everquest dungeons were more like actual zones than what is considered a dungeon now. Not many players would want to run dungeons that take hours to clear (that kind of time commitment is mainly for raiding anymore), and non-instanced dungeons are one thing I was glad to see vanish thanks to WoW.

It would be nice to have some large, non-linear dungeons in a new MMO, but random dungeon finder and/or speedrun only spergs that make up most of the high level playbase make those end up being terrible if you want something from a boss not on the "ideal" path. Basically, MMO players make it so MMO players can't have nice things.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Protagonist posted:

I wonder how many proudly display their god of rape on the mantlemonitor

surely they changed the lore about him being Prince of Rape when they decided to base a game around him?

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
currently the non-group dungeons are just filler, most of the pve game is on the overworld. apparently theyre planning to gradually make all the dungeons bigger

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Abandon posted:

currently the non-group dungeons are just filler, most of the pve game is on the overworld. apparently theyre planning to gradually make all the dungeons bigger

I don't know about you guys, but when I complain about having a plate full of poo poo, that doesn't mean I want even more poo poo piled on top of it.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i had a fun time in the crow's wood public dungeon last night on my dragonknight fire wizard dude. grouped up with a random french girl to do the group challenge boss. the group and public dungeons are the real poo poo, the soloable ones are just somewhere you go to get a skyshard mainly

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
this is him btw

ENNAS SALENIM, dunmer dragonknight

it's a telvanni fire wizard, i'm gonna use all that ardent flame fire magic poo poo to throw fire everywhere.
only level 10 so only one bar so far

PYROMANIA BAR (destruction staff): obsidian shard, destructive clench, unstable flame, burning talons, elemental blockade, dragonknight standard

no idea what my other weapon's going to be. maybe i'll just use a fire staff on both bars, because dragonknights get a class ability to self-heal and that's all i use the heal staff for on my other ranged damage char

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GUYS? Lmfao.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

GUYS? Lmfao.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
number of posts in this thread increases dramatically after steam release

shameful

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

What's this game like now? When I played the beta it wasn't that great.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
destructive clench is a sphincter ability lol

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

program666 posted:

destructive clench is a sphincter ability lol

the other morph is called destructive reach
theres a move called fire ring as well

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

is there a move where you kill yourself

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
yeah its called rolling a nightblade lolz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Abandon posted:

yeah its called playing eso lolz

• Locked thread