Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cruft

It launched a 1x4x4 chunk of pine toward my nuts at 140 miles per hour, but I was standing out of the way so it only hit my leg. Then it hit the wall behind me, and then it bounced into another wall. I get to keep all my skin but my thigh keeps oozing blood now.

It was pretty spectacular and I highly recommend you all wear heavy pants and be careful when using power tools!

Stay safe poverty goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

psot a pic you fuckiin tease

cruft

Why would you want to see a welt on my pasty-rear end thigh.

Okay, fine, hang on.

cruft

Okay here's a totally meaningless shot of my thigh about 4 inches to the left of my groin, I hope you enjoy it.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

cruft posted:

Okay here's a totally meaningless shot of my thigh about 4 inches to the left of my groin, I hope you enjoy it.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i do very much, ty

cruft

I feel like I should understand what this is supposed oh I see it now, okay.

Slaapaav

by Azathoth
Remember to take your adhd drugs if you are handling power tools or you might lose body parts

Corn Glizzy

can we get a comparison pictures of your balls just to make sure you're not lying to us?

nvm no cake

im glad you didnt get your dilz cut off by a table saw, OP

FluffieDuckie

The Green Calx posted:

im glad you didnt get your dilz cut off by a table saw, OP

cruft

The Rage posted:

can we get a comparison pictures of your balls just to make sure you're not lying to us?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

A table saw once shot a 1 x 1 x 4 chunk of wood right by my ear and into the drywall behind me. I have never trusted a table saw again.

Typical Gnu

same thing happened during a softball back in high school
luckily a drill battery was in the way so the wood just clipped his glasses

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Typical Gnu posted:

same thing happened during a softball back in high school
luckily a drill battery was in the way so the wood just clipped his glasses

WindmillSlayer

learn how to safely use a loving tablesaw Holy crap its not hard

nvm no cake

WMS, you should get a table saw to save yourself money and time

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

WindmillSlayer posted:

learn how to safely use a loving tablesaw Holy crap its not hard

There was a hidden knot in the wood that the blade bit into. Also, this was before your fancy table-saw guards.

Corn Glizzy

The Green Calx posted:

ahahahahah i thought this too

Moongrave

Finally Living Rent Free
Table saws are not for small bits of wood jesus loving christ

WindmillSlayer

The Green Calx posted:

I have a table saw. Ive used it many times, without injury. Jesus, why is byob so bad at power tools.

WindmillSlayer

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Compound miter saw, BITCH

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

WindmillSlayer posted:

Compound miter saw, BITCH

Uh, band-saw. duh.

cruft

Coping saw is my usual go-to.

Moongrave

Finally Living Rent Free

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Uh, band-saw. duh.

We used either the band saw or if that was in use the draw saw for smaller bits of wood at the wood processing plant I worked at as a teenager

cruft

Maybe I should buy a miter box for these smaller cuts. Can't really afford another big power saw.

WindmillSlayer

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Uh, band-saw. duh.

Scroll saw is good for really tiny peices.

nvm no cake

Typical Gnu

use a rasp for all woodworking needs and never worry about injury or overly rough wood

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I use an adze

Typical Gnu

do not look this up on google wtf ew

cruft

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

third image result says it all.

cruft

Angry Fish posted:

third image result says it all.

Table saw is looking like a pretty safe way to go now.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Bitch, god gave you ten toes so that you can lose a few and still be fine

Typical Gnu

i feel like as long as you dont hit at your foot with an adpez you should be ok but thats still super gross

cruft

Hahaha whut?

cruft

cruft posted:

Hahaha whut?

I'm looking up all the saws you people mention so I can maybe not launch wood at my junk in the future when I need to make smaller cuts. And all I get for this is Adam Perez.

Typical Gnu

cruft posted:

Hahaha whut?

you expect me to scoll down to remember what the thing is called? thats called trying and does not mesh with my post doctrine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata

by Ralp

cruft posted:

I'm looking up all the saws you people mention so I can maybe not launch wood at my junk in the future when I need to make smaller cuts. And all I get for this is Adam Perez.

so the tool rejects wood, then the rejected wood attempts to replace the craftsman's tool.

the lifetime warranty on craftsman goods only relates to hand tools, not power tools or lumber sold through a third party distributor. wear a craftsman protective cup and safety helmet from now on, champ.

• Locked thread