Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
Yeah the solution is to not have hostages and just use an actual flag so we can stop pretending there is anything remotely realistic about video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flectarn
May 29, 2013
tumblr sjws are so sensitive about stupid poo poo in videogames... hey stop complaining about videogames. MODS!!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

PrBacterio posted:

Mario Kart confirmed for most violence-inducing game of all time.

More like Nintendo in general. I have seen IRL fist fights break out over the last turn of a Mario Party game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
To be fair she wasn't fat enough to be a good human shield.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Flectarn posted:

tumblr sjws are so sensitive about stupid poo poo in videogames... hey stop complaining about videogames. MODS!!

Kewpuh please post the report queue from this thread, please do it

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
The hostage did manage to out the dude's scout drone in the beginning of the video, so she did do something. It just wasn't terribly useful.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Lemming posted:

I would bet cash dollar bills that in the design document for that fake game that isn't real they're planning on having hostages of both genders

But the trailer chose to use a woman because patriarchy problematic cishet tumblr shitlord heteronormative gender binary

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Isizzlehorn posted:

neither have you, link me an example or get out, links to cnn don't count for reference

Maybe there'd be yelling/screaming? Maybe the hostage would try helping, telling the rescuers that Bad Guy is out in the hall waiting, or a few were sitting in the next room?

But yes, please reinforce the stereotype that women can do nothing in a hostage situation because they are all traumatized wilting flowers, thanks.

I am torn between laughing at this post, and emptyquoting this other one

Flectarn posted:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

How conveniently we ignore the girl playing sharpshooter though. Also, "capture the flag".

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Jesus this thread

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I still think it's hilarious the CTs hold the hostage just like a human shield

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I guess the truth is in the middle

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

bobtheconqueror posted:

The hostage did manage to out the dude's scout drone in the beginning of the video, so she did do something. It just wasn't terribly useful.

Super useful if you were the bad guys.

SpazmasterX posted:

How conveniently we ignore the girl playing sharpshooter though.

Look man you point out the facts here and all of this comes tumbling down.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the middle of my butt :gizz:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
human shields don't talk they are just added points for my rocket launcher multi-kill.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So lets change subjects for a moment, I wanna talk about the Crew, does anyone believe UBISofts claims of having the entire United States mapped out and drivable without any load screens?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

To be fair she wasn't fat enough to be a good human shield.

Well yeah, but they were still trying to use her as one.

It should have been like SWAT where you zip tie them then tell them to stay the gently caress down while you clear the area. I don't know if that's what real cops do with hostages either but I'm pretty sure it's closer to reality than using them as a loving human shield.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

bobtheconqueror posted:

OH GOD THEY'RE USING DRONES FOR HOSTAGE SITUATIONS NOW

THANKS OBAMA

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

I said come in! posted:

So lets change subjects for a moment, I wanna talk about the Crew, does anyone believe UBISofts claims of having the entire United States mapped out and drivable without any load screens?

If they based all their data off Apple Maps then yeah

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

I said come in! posted:

In a word? No. Incidentally, that's why nobody has said anything about it yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

How could it possibly be a roguelike with that premise

Procedurally generated officer locations, how much wine they have left, when and where you tank breaks down, what the name of the winery you end up in is, what songs you have available before the final act.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

I said come in! posted:

Totally feasible. Just imagine the elevators in Mass Effect as highways.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I don't know why people are so dumb they prioritize reality over gameplay in this videogame. The hostage doesn't do poo poo because it's capture the flag, not cluster the gently caress.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said come in! posted:

uhhhh lol

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

But the trailer chose to use a woman because patriarchy problematic cishet tumblr shitlord heteronormative gender binary

That's a good point, it wouldn't be an issue if that sort of thing were equal, and you can't really say for sure any individual case like this is sexism specifically, but it is part of a larger trend. Even if there is equality in the game, they still made the decision to use a woman for their fake trailer. Thanks for your constructive post :)

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I'd like it to be like that and to scale but I'm willing to bet it won't be to scale.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

CharlestonJew posted:

haha holy poo poo

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004

I said come in! posted:

It'll just be courses that run through the country. Im sure they are just counting going west to east on a linear course that isnt remotely to scale "the United States".

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
the crew is going to be a great game and i am hype for it

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I said come in! posted:

CharlestonJew posted:

I always knew Apple Maps was loving garbage.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I know this is kind of off-topic since this is the Ubisoft conference thread, not the EA one, but I kinda liked the Obama Sims character they made for the demo for the next Sims game :v:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Effectronica posted:

I don't know why people are so dumb they prioritize reality over gameplay in this videogame. The hostage doesn't do poo poo because it's capture the flag, not cluster the gently caress.

In both situations you use a rocket launcher and taste the meaty afterwind of your victory.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Well yeah, but they were still trying to use her as one.

It should have been like SWAT where you zip tie them then tell them to stay the gently caress down while you clear the area. I don't know if that's what real cops do with hostages either but I'm pretty sure it's closer to reality than using them as a loving human shield.

I've been aching for a game where i can just put people in handcuffs no matter if they actually did anything. Swat 4 owned

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

I said come in! posted:

Absolutely not, and I'm really glad they're lying about that because it would be loving terrible. I'm hoping it's like a 15 to 20 minute drive from LA to San Francisco with an unrealistic amount of cool poo poo and crazy shortcuts in between.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Token Cracker posted:

It'll just be courses that run through the country. Im sure they are just counting going west to east on a linear course that isnt remotely to scale "the United States".

They said something about a 2 hour mission that takes you from NY to LA or something so yeah.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
From last year, I think they said it was a shrunken version of the US. Like two hours or so to drive across it.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Nope, it would take too long and would be terrible/boring.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

randombattle posted:

I always knew Apple Maps was loving garbage.

Another bright and shiny day up here in Minneapolis, Nepal

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

They said something about a 2 hour mission that takes you from NY to LA or something so yeah.

Maybe you're driving a prototype rocket car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Babyface Mingo posted:

the crew is going to be a great game and i am hype for it

I'm hyped for it too because I love racing games, but UBISofts claims are loving absurd.

I think you guys saying its not to scale are correct.

• Locked thread