Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

You do know that Gematsu does not decide what is and is not canon in Metroid, right? That being said, that is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Well, E3 has come to a close. I just had to share this picture. I think it sums up my feelings towards Nintendo and I'd make the same kind of happy pose if I was standing there as well :)

Click to make larger.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Spectacle Rock posted:

Well, E3 has come to a close. I just had to share this picture. I think it sums up my feelings towards Nintendo and I'd make the same kind of happy pose if I was standing there as well :)

Click to make larger.

Miyamoto is the poo poo

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
This photo makes me happy:

Because I want to see what Miyamoto could do with an oculus :allears:

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Kabanaw posted:

Because I want to see what Miyamoto could do with an oculus :allears:

Miyamoto's said he's always wanted to make a first-person Zelda but no one at Nintendo will let him...

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Miyamoto is always so happy. I have a feeling he really likes his job. A few of the things he personally showed off (like the giant robot game) were pretty much: "Hey guys, look at this cool thing I made! It's fun! Wheee!"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Blaziken386 posted:

Miyamoto is always so happy. I have a feeling he really likes his job. A few of the things he personally showed off (like the giant robot game) were pretty much: "Hey guys, look at this cool thing I made! It's fun! Wheee!"

Nintendo is basically :kimchi: incarnate. If they weren't so busy doing actual work, I'd watch a Saturday morning show of just the execs doing their dumb skits and goofing off playing the stuff they've made.

So... this year's E3, I guess.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ometeotl posted:

I don't get it?

It's a pun on unspeakable lore, which references Lovecraft style forbidden books like the Necromonicon, De Vermiis Mysterii and other unholy books.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Suspicious Cook posted:

Nintendo is basically :kimchi: incarnate. If they weren't so busy doing actual work, I'd watch a Saturday morning show of just the execs doing their dumb skits and goofing off playing the stuff they've made.

So... this year's E3, I guess.

Yeah, wasn't expecting to actually be impressed with Nintendo. Really wasn't expecting being tempted to buy a Wii U for 2015.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kewpuh posted:

Miyamoto is the poo poo

Put that picture in every E3 thread so everyone can be reminded what fun is.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So I'm guessing Nintendo has to be working on some killer app to use the Amiibo, right? I can't see it really taking off if every game has it as being completely optional.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Astro7x posted:

So I'm guessing Nintendo has to be working on some killer app to use the Amiibo, right? I can't see it really taking off if every game has it as being completely optional.

I dunno. I think they're billing it as a kind of metagame they're building on top of their game library. Like most Nintendo things, it makes a lot more sense when you realize your rival is supposed to be in the same room as you. You put down your Mario, he puts down his Bowser, and you watch them fight (or race or whatever) on the big screen. Think of them like battling virtual pets, only they play video games against each other.

I think kids are gonna love it. I know I would have. The only killer app they really need is some kind of "Amiibo Home" downloadable so you can drop your Mario into and poke him with the stylus or something.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Even if they're totally stupid and never actually useful in a game, they're still boss statues of Nintendo characters. I would kinda like a Samus on my desk. :shobon:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The IGN interview implies that major series will be getting their own line, generic figures as well, potentially your own Mii figure, and that this will be a thing that will continue on to future systems. I am curious to see something Skylanders like I guess.

Been finding bits and pieces of stuff in interviews all over the place.

Mario Maker will have different art styles, many more objects, and even stuff from other non Mario games (Zelda elements?).... but with a goal to not overwhelming either. I feel like that is my biggest hangup with LittleBigPlanet. I go into the create mode and I have no idea where to start.

Aonuma is a huge loving tease, and basically says he hears the Majora's Mask remake requests and is "doing everything I can"

The Metroid 2D/3D discussions have already been mentioned.

Bayonetta 2 on the eShop will come with Bayonetta 1, so not just retail exclusive.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Astro7x posted:

Bayonetta 2 on the eShop will come with Bayonetta 1, so not just retail exclusive.

Your link doesn't work. This has been confirmed? I thought I read earlier that it would be on eshop but sold separately or something

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well this is the reddit link to a YouTube video that seems to imply that, since I can't copy the link from a loving Instagram video

http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/280pnn/nintendo_confirms_eshop_version_of_bayonetta_2/

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Calling it now. Pay $35 to $50 on the Nintendo eShop to upload your Mii to Nintendo. In 3-4 weeks they mail a Mii Amiibo that has been created to look like your Mii.

I want this bad. Nintendo will do this if they're smart and Amiibos take off. (They do have the word Mii in them)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Spectacle Rock posted:

Calling it now. Pay $35 to $50 on the Nintendo eShop to upload your Mii to Nintendo. In 3-4 weeks they mail a Mii Amiibo that has been created to look like your Mii.

I want this bad. Nintendo will do this if they're smart and Amiibos take off. (They do have the word Mii in them)

Wii U Discussion - Yes, you can buy Hitler figures.

Gargonovitch
Feb 23, 2008

I dunno how many years on this Earth I got left... I'm gonna get real WEIRD with it...
Everything they showed looked great this year, except Devil's Third. I think the original Starfox might have had a higher frame rate. I kinda think that game was super early, though. With a shitload of polishing up, it actually looks like it could be really cool. The concept is cool, at least.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Well god dammit Nintendo. I had absolutely no intention of buying your drat console but after this great E3 and playing Mario Kart 8 on my friend's Wii U last night I'm convinced. Just put down $200 to get a refurb system. :argh:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wii U Discussion - Yes, you can buy Hitler figures.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Spectacle Rock posted:

Didn't Microsoft show something like this a few years ago with the Xbox Live Avatars? Did I just dream this? It seems really familiar. Wait, I think it was Rock Band related actually. Your character in Rock Band could be made into a plastic figure.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Mario Maker will have different art styles, many more objects, and even stuff from other non Mario games (Zelda elements?).... but with a goal to not overwhelming either. I feel like that is my biggest hangup with LittleBigPlanet. I go into the create mode and I have no idea where to start.

They also said they want to include a music editor like from Mario Paint! I am going to spend more money on video games this year than I have in the past 5! :psyduck:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jolo posted:

Didn't Microsoft show something like this a few years ago with the Xbox Live Avatars? Did I just dream this? It seems really familiar. Wait, I think it was Rock Band related actually. Your character in Rock Band could be made into a plastic figure.

there's a service like this for warcraft

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They just need to let you make then 4-5 times as big as the demo version. The limit should be no smaller than a big level like 8-1.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zoran posted:

I thought the Bloodborne gameplay Demo was press only and didn't allow pictures?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Astro7x posted:

I hope this means other level tilesets too - like underground, castle, underwater. I also hope the seams in the floor platforms is just a beta thing. Level size being my other big concern, I really hope they don't miss the mark with this like they kinda did with the NES Remix games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

greatn posted:

They just need to let you make then 4-5 times as big as the demo version. The limit should be no smaller than a big level like 8-1.

They should have three sizes, at least, a small, like in the demo, a medium, that's a longer level, and a large that's as big as the 8th fortress in SMB3.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I hope the final version of Mario Maker allows bigger stages too. This was an E3 demo after all so it is understandable if it was small. Demos are meant to show you something quickly and then you leave and the next person in line plays it.

I read somewhere (don't have the link sorry) that Nintendo hopes to add other elements from other games like maybe even Zelda stuff in Mario Maker so that'd be cool.

I see Mario Maker as the sequel to Mario Paint we never got. It is about time! Mario Paint rocked and I too loved making music in there.

My wallet is going to be so hurt when these games come out. So many great games and accessories to buy!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spectacle Rock posted:

I read somewhere (don't have the link sorry) that Nintendo hopes to add other elements from other games like maybe even Zelda stuff in Mario Maker so that'd be cool.

The place you may have read it was in this very thread, on this very page, discussed and linked up to 6 posts above yours!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Astro7x posted:

Bicyclops posted:

They also said they want to include a music editor like from Mario Paint! I am going to spend more money on video games this year than I have in the past 5! :psyduck:

Mario Maker is the best thing that could possibly happen to the WiiU and I am so freaking jazzed for it.

The community is gonna come up with some straight absurd things. Even if you never touch the editor yourself its going to be an amazing game with nearly infinite content.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zaphod42 posted:

Mario Maker is the best thing that could possibly happen to the WiiU and I am so freaking jazzed for it.

The community is gonna come up with some straight absurd things. Even if you never touch the editor yourself its going to be an amazing game with nearly infinite content.

I hope Nintendo finds a way to highlight community levels, it took YEARS for LittleBigPlanet to get the custom levels organized in away that made it sufferable to find good levels.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Zoran posted:

And also every video featuring the Splatoon devs. Especially the one where they bust out gang signs after kicking the Treehouse crew's rear end.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Spectacle Rock posted:

I hope the final version of Mario Maker allows bigger stages too. This was an E3 demo after all so it is understandable if it was small. Demos are meant to show you something quickly and then you leave and the next person in line plays it.

If they allow "levels" to be comprised of multiple "stages" then the length issue can be solved with pipe transitions.

Hopefully the final game will let you design levels that are more complex than the standard "overland stretch with a flag at the end". If the flight items make it in, we should be able to expand upwards too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
As much as I love to speculate, I'm pretty sure a ton more work needs to be done on Mario Maker between now and 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im only a little surprised that there is a Bloodborne thread in games already, but there is no Splatoon thread.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Im only a little surprised that there is a Bloodborne thread in games already, but there is no Splatoon thread.

I will resolve this issue shortly...

Edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3642968

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 13, 2014

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I will never ever make a level in Mario Maker but I am super excited for user generated levels and Miiverse integration for that game. I know they talked about other tilesets. I really hope they add a SMB2 tileset in.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Level Slide posted:

And also every video featuring the Splatoon devs. Especially the one where they bust out gang signs after kicking the Treehouse crew's rear end.

I loved how they tried to ask one of the guys a question, he answers in Japanese, and the translator repeats, "I can't talk now, I'm playing."

You know a guy's having fun when he's too busy playing his own game to talk about it. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
I gotta be honest here, both Mario Maker and Splatoon are games that have huge potential to be awesome but that, at the same time, I'm awfully worried about. What they've shown so far looks good, but unless they expand hugely on that it'll only end in disappointment :ohdear: Splatoon, in particular, will need a lot of variety in level design and setting, character looks/customisation (while the basic character design looks great, they all look kinda same-ish to me), game modes, weapons, and so on. It needs like, night time and underground levels with neon glow-in-the-dark paint, a variety of game modes (like for example, a domination or ctf mode where you have to/can prevent your opponents from reaching objectives/flags by blocking their path with your own colour ink), customisation and styling options to individualize your character. And it definitely, definitely needs voice chat for team play. If they deliver on all what we imagine for the game right now, it could turn out as one of the best multiplayer/arena shooters ever created, but there's so many ways for it to go wrong.

On the other hand, I don't understand the Giantbomb (for example) guys' resistance to the idea of gyro controls. If it works like it did in WWHD, it seems like that would be the perfect control scheme for a game like this on a console. You do the general, rough aiming/turning with the right stick and then finetune by slight motions of the gamepad to track and home in onto your target.

EDIT: Now, Captain Toad, on the other hand, I'm already 100% sold on. After watching the Treehouse stream about it, they went way, WAY beyond my expectations for what that game could be.

PrBacterio fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 13, 2014

• Locked thread