Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
my vote wont be deciding any elections, so there really isn't a point. but other people need to vote, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

america is a nazi empire and voting legitimizes it

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't vote because of Jim Crow laws

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
if you vote in the US you are directly supporting american intervention in the middle east and the soldiers of Mohammed, pbuh, will righteously defeat you

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Your posts don't matter either so maybe you shouldn't post.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

it's important to vote, but it's not important who you vote for

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna be an election inspector again this year. You should vote OP, last time I did it I saw like a parade of old people and barely anyone under 30.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

whenever i go out to vote they always give me a big list of poo poo nobody loving cares about to vote on

now most people vote for the poo poo at the top, like the loving president or whatever because they think that matters. i vote for the people on the loving bottom, like cathy bumfuck for school board chairman or whatever. i do that because holy poo poo who votes on any of that garbage? loving nobody. people come to vote for the big pres and if they have time they'll throw one out for their senator or whatever and none of that poo poo matters because every retard who shows up votes on those.

meanwhile i basically own the lower rungs because nobody else can be bothered.

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
If you don't vote, you can't complain

And if you can't complain, then you shouldn't be on this forum

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i dont vote on the principle that jews and black women have the same voting power as a white straight male between the ages of 18-100

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i vote but dont operate under any illusion tgat it matters at all. plus i be fartin all up in the vote line. i frat all over dese conformist PIGS!!!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

whenever i go out to vote they always give me a big list of poo poo nobody loving cares about to vote on

now most people vote for the poo poo at the top, like the loving president or whatever because they think that matters. i vote for the people on the loving bottom, like cathy bumfuck for school board chairman or whatever. i do that because holy poo poo who votes on any of that garbage? loving nobody. people come to vote for the big pres and if they have time they'll throw one out for their senator or whatever and none of that poo poo matters because every retard who shows up votes on those.

meanwhile i basically own the lower rungs because nobody else can be bothered.

cock hero flux, kingmaker

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Ilikedirt posted:

i vote but dont operate under any illusion tgat it matters at all. plus i be fartin all up in the vote line. i frat all over dese conformist PIGS!!!

this is the only way the individual voter can make a difference

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
What would actually happen if nobody remembered to vote one year? Do we have a politicalologist at hand to explain?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i own the school board and those bitches know it

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

i would vote, but im a convicted felon

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm gonna be an election inspector again this year. You should vote OP, last time I did it I saw like a parade of old people and barely anyone under 30.

It really bums me out when I go to vote & the poll volunteers get so excited to see me because I'm the youngest voter they've seen all day. I'm 35.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
opinion sucks, voted 1

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Trixie Hardcore posted:

It really bums me out when I go to vote & the poll volunteers get so excited to see me because I'm the youngest voter they've seen all day. I'm 35.

that diaper you wear all over the place is confusing tho

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Under a proper government, votes from the societal inferiors would be credited to their societal betters. The wiser, more educated and more powerful would be able to ensure the proper agendas in this country are pushed in the correct direction, and would have the capital and wherewithal to ensure the agendas were successful. As a Job Creator, I know what it is like being a societal better, and seeing how my inferiors waste their votes. They will frequently vote against their own interests, simply because they are ignorant. I could do better for them, if only they would let me.

I hope for the day this will come, and I can serve them.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Also all the other inspectors were retirees.

It pays like 100 bucks for a day of easy work, at least in my township. Contact your city clerk and see if they need any help for the elections.

the roon
May 1, 2014

object impermanence
"i'll only vote if the entirety of the nation's leadership is weighted upon my choice" -the op, a totalitarian dictator

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

Under a proper government, votes from the societal inferiors would be credited to their societal betters. The wiser, more educated and more powerful would be able to ensure the proper agendas in this country are pushed in the correct direction, and would have the capital and wherewithal to ensure the agendas were successful. As a Job Creator, I know what it is like being a societal better, and seeing how my inferiors waste their votes. They will frequently vote against their own interests, simply because they are ignorant. I could do better for them, if only they would let me.

i imagine you writing this stuff on cough syrup

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

or you could have just said you're voting republican

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey guys, you should vote because the candidates are financed by totally different corporations and you wouldn't want the wrong ones to be making the important decisions.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

or you could have just said you're voting republican

No. Unfortunately, the republican party is stale-mated by the aberrant behaviors of the tea party. Until the Establishment Republicans do what they need to do, and excoriate the aberrant members of their party, they will be left an ineffectual husk, damaged by the cancer within. The business-savvy and strong values of their party torn asunder by the jack-booted thugs of the far right.

The democrats are not much better, but at least they are moving the ball for business interests and helping the people of the nation at the same time.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
That's a terrible attitude baw, you should vote.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No. Unfortunately, the republican party is stale-mated by the aberrant behaviors of the tea party. Until the Establishment Republicans do what they need to do, and excoriate the aberrant members of their party, they will be left an ineffectual husk, damaged by the cancer within. The business-savvy and strong values of their party torn asunder by the jack-booted thugs of the far right.

The democrats are not much better, but at least they are moving the ball for business interests and helping the people of the nation at the same time.
You would fail the turing test.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Dolphin posted:

You would fail the turing test.

best description of rhonyn's posting so far

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't realize there were that many tea-party voters in GBS. I guess I ruffled some feathers.

I figured this forum tended more center-left.

In any event, your perspectives on police, authority, taxes, gun-ownership, and states-rights are archaic and laughably silly. Sorta like the libertarians.

I hope you will enjoy the Democrats keeping the Senate, keeping the White House (with Hillary) and probably picking up the house in the process.

Thanks guys.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

THS posted:

america is a nazi empire and voting legitimizes it

lol

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

ZombieJesus posted:

that diaper you wear all over the place is confusing tho

Most people at the polls are wearing diapers so I don't think that's what it is.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you should vote for the local stuff and for the midterm stuff, that's what really matters

the seats for congress is what you want, they're the ones that pass all the laws. nobody votes for that poo poo though because it's not THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION and you get exclusively old white people voting loving it up for the rest of the country.

but yeah it doesn't really matter if you vote or not for the president unless you're in a swing state and then maybe but still probably not

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

you should vote for the local stuff and for the midterm stuff, that's what really matters

the seats for congress is what you want, they're the ones that pass all the laws. nobody votes for that poo poo though because it's not THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION and you get exclusively old white people voting loving it up for the rest of the country.

but yeah it doesn't really matter if you vote or not for the president unless you're in a swing state and then maybe but still probably not

oh yea voting on local stuff, cuz I really give a gently caress who is regent of the local university. I always literally pick the person with the most "foreign" sounding name, preferably an obviously female name.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ashgromnies posted:

oh yea voting on local stuff, cuz I really give a gently caress who is regent of the local university. I always literally pick the person with the most "foreign" sounding name, preferably an obviously female name.

I pick the most Anglican and male names, because I assume they were reared properly to teach the next generation of employees for my business.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I vote with my feet.

Abandon ship!!

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

this literally made me lol. gj ths.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 617 days!

THS posted:

lol although really, you ain't posting unless you posting on codeine.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I dont vote because elections are decided by super pacs, charities, PR firms and financial institutions. If we fix our basically unregulated and completly retarded campaign finance laws maybe id vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ashgromnies posted:

well, last year my locality voted on building a new desalination plant so we could get a bunch of freshwater without having to worry about potential effects of drought or getting our water from a river coming 2 states away but yeah alright.

I'm taking about statewide and smaller, you should give a poo poo what your state does at the least because that impacts a lot of things (legal weed!) and it really does come down to a few thousand votes or less more often than not.

There's mayors and poo poo getting elected over and over just because no one runs against them and 100 people vote for them lol.

• Locked thread