Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've posted in this forum, but I'm back with some good news!

Last time I posted in here I was planning on making some Massive tutorials for people that were interested. As I started writing up a few, I felt that I could go much further and, well, long story short - I've spent the last few months working on an entire video tutorial website that I want to now share with all of you!

I've seen a lot of youtube tutorials, and 90% of them are made by a 12 year old with a flip phone for a mic. And if they do happen to be watchable, they end up being 10 minutes longer than they need to be. And so, my goal was to create a very high quality and concise series of video tutorials that people would feel is worth their time and (hopefully!) money. Our focus is on Ableton and Native Instrument's Massive, but we plan to branch out to other plugins in the near future.

Our business model is as follows:

We're launching with 30 videos, 22 free and 8 member videos. Each week we plan to release 2-5 videos. If you visit our website, you'll be able to watch the videos we've decided to release for free. If you pay a one time fee of $15, you get a lifetime membership with us in which you can watch all of our new videos as they come out, as well as each week's "showcased" videos (~5 videos we decide to pull up from the archives per week, allowing members to stream for free).

Each archived video can be purchased for download at only $0.99 per video, BUT if you wish to become a premium member for $5 a month, you can stream all archived videos at any time, and every video in the store is 30% off.

If you've ever purchased a tutorial series then you know most of them are around $40 just for a few videos. We feel that our pricing is much more fair to the producer on a budget (aka most of us), not to mention the fact that many of our videos are free!

Here's the best part though: Since I really value this community, I wanted to share with you guys an exclusive goon only promo code, good for a full month of premium access. If you head to our promo page (https://edmacademy.net/share/paste/) and use the code SAGOONS you'll unlock a token good for 30 days of premium access.

Here's a short list of some of the videos we're launching with:

Ableton Interface Overview
Massive Interface Overview
Massive Modulation
Working With Audio and Midi
Working With Automation
Bussing Basics

5 sound design videos (Massive)

Several Ableton Device videos (EQ8, Reverb, Overdrive, Filter Delay, etc.)

And many more!

Here's a couple examples of our videos (make sure to watch in 1080p!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4IG-hYnmbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmb_OaFxHhw

We're also giving away a free sample pack on our facebook page!

And finally, here's the homepage of our website: http://www.edmacademy.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any chance of a non-facebook login? That sort of signup method is an instant dismissal of interest for me regardless of how appealing the content looks, sorry.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

RandomCheese posted:

Any chance of a non-facebook login? That sort of signup method is an instant dismissal of interest for me regardless of how appealing the content looks, sorry.

We've actually had a few people getting errors with our fb login so we are implementing an alternative sign up.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Any idea what you're looking at for future videos? And will it be primarily Ableton-centric?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

MockingQuantum posted:

Any idea what you're looking at for future videos? And will it be primarily Ableton-centric?

Currently we are focusing on 3 main areas: Ableton, Massive/Sound Design, and Mixing. The mixing techniques we teach will be applicable to all DAWs. In the near future we will also be adding tutorials for 3rd party VSTs such as Ozone, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, etc. We are also planning to implement a voting/suggestion system for our viewers to tell us what they want to see next!

Edit: I'm also going to do a video series where I make a song from scratch and film myself working on it until it's completed.

d0grent fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 13, 2014

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

RandomCheese posted:

Just an update, we now have a non-facebook login implemented into the site. Hope that helps!

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
Is the giveaway sample pack needed to work along with the videos? I've shared the post and the page won't let me download.

Edit: it seems like the facebook authorization is broken as above, it won't read my feed for whatever reason.

Back of the Bus fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Back of the Bus posted:

Is the giveaway sample pack needed to work along with the videos? I've shared the post and the page won't let me download.

Edit: it seems like the facebook authorization is broken as above, it won't read my feed for whatever reason.

Nope! We explain everything from the ground up in our videos, unless we tell you in the video to watch a previous tutorial first.

And the sample pack is just a freebie we offer as a thank you for liking and sharing our page.

If you could PM me the link of your post on facebook where you shared it and your email, I'd be happy to send you a personal copy of the sample/preset pack!

• Locked thread