Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Welcome to Liberal Crime Squad, a crappy text game from bay12games (of Dwarf Fortress fame). Arch-Conservatism has swept the land, and it's up to us, the last bastion of liberalism in America, to destroy Jesus and usher in a new age of liberal darkness. After the brief introduction, we pick our name ("We" because you, dear reader, are on this adventure with me. You may not realize it, but deep in your heart you want the star of this story to be me, Frank Horrigan), and are presented with the primary interface.

At the top we've got our location, the date, our current activity, and our available funds. Just for the record, I will probably cheat my loving rear end off via Cheat Engine because nobody is interested in a story that involves us running out of money and getting killed within the first month.

Beneath this we have the squad view, which consists of us (yes, you and me! :yayclod:) and only us. Frank Horrigan. Under the skill column there are some numbers that I haven't figured out yet beyond "higher = better". We've got our equipment listed next, then our health, and what vehicle we're using (if any).

Right now we need to focus on spreading our liberal filth to the populace, which requires a bit of set up. First, let's set our slogan. This is essentially the name our game will be known by, the title it'll have in the high scores, and what we spray paint when we raid areas. It can be changed at any time, but for now let's go with a classic.

Simple, and to the point. Next, we need to arm ourselves. We go into the boring travel menu, and select the pawn and gun shop, then wait until we arrive.

A basic glance over the pawn shop's interface. We pick up a .44 and some ammo, then head to the park to preach our ideals.

We won't be going into extreme detail on this interface, simply because of how much is there, but for now suffice to say we're in a park with some people. We jam a gun into this poor bastard's ribs and force him to come with us.

Our quarry in our possession, we give him a super secret liberal codename. He will be known by this name among the LCS, but referred to his real name everywhere else.

NEXT TIME: The Reeducation of Angry Fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bwatts

cool.

SIDS Vicious

i did one of things you ask me do

Eye of Widesauron

CAN I BE IN IT

Captain No-mates

hello!

ass
Health
Liberal

cuntman.net

tldr

thewizardofshoe

pasting in thrad

Noctis Horrendae
a good thread

Bukowski

hammulder
Death to all enemies, brother

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

We're back at our safe house now, laying low. We need to get to work on debating Angry Fish over to our cause though, so we delve into the "A - Activate Liberals" menu.

There's a lot of options here, and some of them have many suboptions. For now, we need to tend to our Conservative hostage.

With the order given, we need to wait until the next day for poo poo to happen.

Time to get our game plan together. We're going to tie Angry Fish to a chair, give him crazy drugs to gently caress with his head, and then beat the religion right out of him. :)

Since we have a rather low Psychology skill, we're not that fantastic at reeducating people just yet. We ARE on a time limit though; If this takes too long Angry Fish will be reported missing, which will trigger police investigations, loss of public opinion, and Angry Fish won't be able to go back to his normal life as a sleeper liberal for us. We'll just keep beating the poo poo out of him for now, and if the cops start looking for him we'll shoot him in the head and dump his body near the docks. :neckbeard:

NEXT TIME: Assault on Sweatshop 13

Eye of Widesauron

BOOTSTRAPS

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

:ssh:

SIDS Vicious

i tried to play this myself one time and got so insanely lost

deep dish peat moss

I started playing this yesterday and ended up just recruiting a cadre of prostitutes and collecting millions of dollars while hanging out in a crack house and stealing TVs... best pimp sim I've played

deep dish peat moss

I'm not sure what the actual goal of the game is but usually I'll just go get in a shootout with the cops at the courthouse or something

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I'm not sure what the actual goal of the game is but usually I'll just go get in a shootout with the cops at the courthouse or something

There's a set of various public issues, each on a scale between "Arch-Liberal" and "Arch-Conservative". At the start of the game, public opinion is overwhelmingly in favor of the latter. The goal is to indoctrinate so many people and manipulate public opinion enough that every politician ends up being Arch-Liberal. Then you just sit back and wait for them to change all of the laws to Arch-Liberal, destroying America through gun control and free healthcare.

The game is basically taking the piss out of the Fox News caricature of liberals.

deep dish peat moss

I just play it as an anti-establishment simulator and hit the streets in a roving gang of transient punk rockers and beat up corporate CEOs until the police raid our crack house and arrest us

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

I just play it as an anti-establishment simulator and hit the streets in a roving gang of transient punk rockers and beat up corporate CEOs until the police raid our crack house and arrest us

That's how the majority of LCS games go, yeah. I imagine it'll only be a couple more updates before gun violence breaks out. It's worth noting that this game has hilariously over-detailed combat, in a Dwarf Fortress-esque fashion. Lots of screaming, praying to god, going into shock, etc. when the bullets start flying.

deep dish peat moss

I never plan to actually try to beat it but it's fun as gently caress to just be a criminal sociopath in my current game I have a team of hackers working day in day out at credit card fraud and bringing in thousands of dollars a day which I spend on guns and ammo that I use to raid sweatshops and capture all of the illegal immigrants, who are now churning out expensive suits every day which I sell to the pawn shop, and buying/selling businesses for laundering purposes. I also have a lawyer in my basement who I've been pumping DMT in to every day

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
:ohdear: please don't beat me no more.

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

We head to the local sweatshop. These places employ illegal immigrants, who are more than happy to join the cause.

Illegal aliens spotted! Time to expand our ranks.

Returning to our current safehouse, it's time to assign codenames to our swarthy new friends.

You guys are gonna be super helpful :buddy:

Right off the bat, I notice Funnypost has the highest seduction skill (:pervert:), a skill I assume can help you convert hostages. We put him on the job.

Success doesn't come easily. It's been 5 days, I'm surprised he hasn't been reported missing already. I suspect Angry Fish is going to be sleeping with the fish pretty soon here. :italy:

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
:cry: :ohdear:

Eye of Widesauron

MK ULTRA ALL UP IN THIS BITCH AMIRITE

Bukowski

hammulder
oh man i really wanna play this now

i hope :coolfish: wakes up to the evils of his oppressors and gets shot later

Eye of Widesauron

If this goes into Iran Contra we need to have people using the Guns of the Patriots Soundtrack

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

gently caress.

I'm sorry, Angry Fish. You were just... too American. :911:

gently caress.

Next Time: Funnypost probably gets shot in the face, shits himself, and dies.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
:patriot: don't give me LSD next time rear end in a top hat!

Volkerball

by FactsAreUseless
I actually have this game. its real hard

dogcrash truther

Volkerball posted:

I actually have this game. its real hard

yeah

deep dish peat moss

drat I hosed up and got hosed up

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

drat I hosed up and got hosed up

It's not THAT likely to kil-

Welp.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Frank Horrigan posted:

It's not THAT likely to kil-

Welp.

he didn't try to run? lol owned

Pinche Rudo

Let's fire it back up and hit the sweatshop first

Frank Horrigan

by Ralp

Colonel Wood posted:

Let's fire it back up and hit the sweatshop first

We'll do that tomorrow, right now I'm gonna get high and watch Adventure Time

Volkerball

by FactsAreUseless
go to the park or the vegan place or w/e and pick up some skanky liberal bitches

BoothsBeard
When dealing with the degenerate liberal it is important that you remember to cut off the airflow while exercising your manifest destiny upon their wives, thus increasing your own pleasure.

Thank you and God Bless.

A Bad King

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

BoothsBeard posted:

When dealing with the degenerate liberal it is important that you remember to cut off the airflow while exercising your manifest destiny upon their wives, thus increasing your own pleasure.

Thank you and God Bless.

we are the skanky liberals in this game ty

BoredDG

This game is great. We should get a newspaper. Newspapers are overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net

BoothsBeard posted:

Thank you and God Bless.

and then your shoot them in the dick am i right

• Locked thread