Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Inception)?
Yes
No
Wake Up!
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So I just watched it.

Don't see what the big fuss was.

It's just a dream based Ocean's 11. It's a heist flick with even the dumb scenes of recruiting all the specialized members of the team.

Who happen to be super killing machines, apparently.

Only cool thing in the movie was the Utopia/Dystopia Dicaprio and his crazy wife created when they were stuck in limbo for a hundred years. Cool concept, as was her reason for suicide.

Or was it?????
DADADADA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
it was a deece summer movie with deece action sequences even if it falls apart if you look at it in any way and it's like hollywood summer blockbuster smart but not really smart and some of the gimmicks were contrived but I really really really really liked the ending and that was fun to watch in the theater just to hear that collective gasp in summary memento from 2001 by the same director was much smarter, tighter, and kept me thinking about it for longer after I saw it but it just didn't have the same punch and Christopher Nolan kinda sucks unless he has a narrative gimmick he's good at puzzle movies. batman sucks. im supermechagodzilla

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
The top wasn't DiCaprio's totem. It was his wife's totem. His wedding ring is his totem. Now you have a reason to re-watch the movie, taking notes on when he is wearing his ring. You're welcome.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i fart on the movie :twisted:

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
The scene where they're in the mountains reminds when of when jon snow gets stabbed by his own brothrs in black

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

It was crap and missed giant opportunities to do something cool, just like everything else Nolan does.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the part where they float through the hallway fighting is pretty fun

other than that unmemorable

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

More like Ocean's 11 with a cast that has no chemistry with each other or interesting buildup to define the characters before the major action sequences at the end.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ScratchAndSniff posted:

His wedding ring is his totem.
:goatsecx:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ScratchAndSniff posted:

The top wasn't DiCaprio's totem. It was his wife's totem. His wedding ring is his totem. Now you have a reason to re-watch the movie, taking notes on when he is wearing his ring. You're welcome.

Because the whole movie is a dream within a dream within a dream, right? And it's our minds that are Incepting the idea that Dicaprio is alive and sane?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
hans zimmer is really good at his job
ken watanabe's accent was difficult to understand and this is coming from somebody who's used to engrish
mal's performance was awkward
that back-and-forth cover shooter pop-your-head-out-and-exchange bullets shoot out was really bland and it was infuriating to hear that smarmy gently caress be all like "you gotta think bigger, darling" and then pulls out a rocket launcher :wtf: I groaned so hard, very unimpressed

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
there was no reason at all for it to be in japan
why is ken watanabe even in there

gently caress off

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sabel posted:

gently caress off
anyways white guys dream about anime not old japanese guys... wtf ? :crossarms:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

i, much like ellen page, am gay

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sabel posted:

gently caress off

Oh yeah that's the dumbest thing - this entire movie hinges on the action of getting a rich heir to break up his daddy's corporate empire. At the behest of some other corporate bigshot.

Yes, I know, that was all a dream too. But that was also the main plot of the movie.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I dont remember what it was about but probably ok for hollywood these days lol

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ity's good becaus the story leaves room for you to imagine that there's acutally a better story :twisted:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I dont remember what it was about but probably ok for hollywood these days lol

I'd give it that. At least it played with some cool concepts and maybe got a bunch of stoner's to go "whoa". Which is better than most movies. But everyone was raving about this flick and I'd never seen it, so when I finally did, I was underwhelmed.

It was good, not great.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
It was a very polished action movie which wasn't that smart but the premise had potential that Nolan wasted whoever said that earlier about Nolan was 100% correct.

Everybody watch Memento that is an extremely taut mind gently caress

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I don't remember anything about that movie because I haven't seen it since it was in theaters and I was probably really high.

Same with Watchmen.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I want to see a Spider and Web movie but no AAA Hollywood director will do it justice

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
memento is a terrible movie and i hate it

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

quote:

Spider and Web begins innocuously enough: the player's character, an apparent tourist, has wandered into a blind alley. Upon trying to leave the alley, however, the character is confronted by a voice sneering that this is a lie and threatening dire consequences if the truth is not told. Gradually, the player pieces together that the main character is an unnamed spy who is being interrogated by an equally anonymous enemy. Through interruptions and prodding, the interrogator reveals that the spy was captured in the process of infiltrating an installation under the guise of a tourist.
Most of the commands the player gives are actually part of a story the character is telling to the interrogator. Any part of the story that the interrogator disputes is challenged; the player is executed after a number of these "challenges". Thus, the player's main goal is to tell the captors a plausible story to explain what they already know (or more precisely, what they think they already know).
This game owns. Would make a great movie too

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Paprika did dreams better.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Was Leo really dead the whole movie?

What's the deal with the dream tech?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
at the end was he incepted or not?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Copley Depot posted:

the top was spinning so I think he was....b ut i'm not sure

the roon
May 1, 2014

object impermanence
this guy makes some good points if you ignore all the philosophy stuff later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sabel posted:

This game owns. Would make a great movie too
gently caress I looked this up and spent like 4 hrs playing it. now i'm behind on work

oh well it was fun :kiddo:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
memento is nolan's best film

Copley Depot posted:

in the end he decides that it doesn't matter

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
It's no anime, I'll tell you

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

a hole-y ghost posted:

gently caress I looked this up and spent like 4 hrs playing it. now i'm behind on work

oh well it was fun :kiddo:
ok second endorsement everybody go play this game it's free and everybody's computer can run it

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it was a grenade launcher he dreamed of :spergin:

...why they didn't dream of flight, invincibility and other super powers i dunno prolly budgetary/tone reasons

the R&M episode was better anyway

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

following was better

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sid Vicious posted:

following was better

following is drat impressive for someone's first film

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Doctor Spaceman posted:

following is drat impressive for someone's first film

for real i was entranced the entire time, for how lo fi it is and everything he did a loving awesome job

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Inception is the best sci fi movie since the first matrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
If you keep yourself to AAA Hollywood sure, but even then neither of them even approach Terminator 2.

• Locked thread