Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Vehicles in game are better than Battlefield vehicles.

It looks like expanded Halo Reach multiplayer but not expanded to the point of sucking. Not sure about when all hell breaks loose and you're fighting 108 guys, but it certainly doesn't look soulless like call of duty.

I just hope their loot system isn't awful like borderlands, that was only fun with Cheat Engine so oranges dropped everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
500 million bux

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

i like good games

i hope the game is good

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

looks pretty generic and dull to me, like all bungie games

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ekster posted:

looks pretty generic and dull to me, like all bungie games

it's not even finished, unfinished games always look dull and generic.

there's going to be 50 something different and unique areas in the game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's too early to tell still, everything about the game looked really generic but it clearly lacked a lot of polish thus far.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

looks ok

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Fun fact: it's better to watch Destiny multiplayer alpha being streamed than play Entwined.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i sincerely doubt it, op

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Destiny looks like it'll be fine but really I'm just amazed we live in a world where anyone, in this case multiple presumably business-trained execs, think any one product - let alone a video game - will be able to not only meet, but exceed a literal half billion dollar budget.

It's not like I think it'll flop but I've just never heard of anything quite so stupid as sinking that amount of money into a loving video game.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I thought GTA V's budget was pretty crazy (a little under 300 million bucks IIRC) but that seems to have paid off financially, but this is ludicrous. I'd be very surprised if they make a good profit out of this, even with great sales figures.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

It's going to flop massively and bankrupt Activision.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
looks like it plays like halo multiplayer so it'll most likely make a loving fortune and suck the remaining money out of the industry, collapsing weakling companies like ubisoft and nintendo and ushering in a golden age for the industry

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if you have a diseased brain infected with loot lust please seek help

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've brought this up a few times in other threads about game budgets already, but if you look back to the 90s and adjust for inflation final fantasy 7s budget exceeded 500 million. Is was at a time when there was no such thing as digital content delivery, paid DLC or micro transactions and was far from a guaranteed success. I know it sounds like a lot but to say Activision could go out of business from is is just silly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Benny D posted:

I've brought this up a few times in other threads about game budgets already, but if you look back to the 90s and adjust for inflation final fantasy 7s budget exceeded 500 million. Is was at a time when there was no such thing as digital content delivery, paid DLC or micro transactions and was far from a guaranteed success. I know it sounds like a lot but to say Activision could go out of business from is is just silly

FF7 was good tho

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

elf help book posted:

i have this exact problem and yet wont play this gay game

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

elf help book posted:

loot is cool

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

i dont think the monsters drop randomized loot

i think its all quest rewards and vendors with static stuff.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Sir John Feelgood posted:

i dont think the monsters drop randomized loot

i think its all quest rewards and vendors with static stuff.

jesus

do these people even know how to make a game?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

i was going on the giant bomb quick look that i didnt watch very closely

seemed like they got two items in an hour, each for completing an objective

i didnt see monsters dropping anything but again didnt watch it very closely

idk anything about destiny

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

might actually be good as a coaster

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

No it might'nt. Cristo y Maria.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Pay 2 win tho

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Destiny looks like the game everybody designs in their imagination the first time they realize that "game designer" is a job, and don't yet understand that all their huge wet dream concepts are extremely expensive to make at all, much less make good. I'm interested in it because they seem to actually have that much money, and because I like speeder bikes.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The alpha's kinda neat but it's got a long way to go and it has 3 months to do it so

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Not a loving chance.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

The alpha's kinda neat but it's got a long way to go and it has 3 months to do it so

whats wrong with it?

i dont have a ps4 but i got an old ps3 that i havent touched since uncharted 2 came out and i might blow the dust off it to play destiny

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I don't really like Borderlands-style "kill things to level up and get loot!" FPS games.

The graphics on poo poo far away look really good but once you get close the textures and poo poo aren't great.

Enemy AI is stupid as poo poo.

When you first start playing enemies take too long to kill. This could be better if you're playing with a group, I was just doing one player.

The animations seem kinda weird, as shown in the trailer. Like sometimes things don't react to getting hit at all.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I saw some gameplay of this and there isn't anything that stands out as particularly well done. It looks kinda pretty but that is all it has going for it.

Kinda pretty doesn't mean she is good in the sack.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

So basically you didn't get out of the opening area? It forces you into a 3-man group at one point, thats why I'm asking.

There are also public events with huge boss-like enemies that take bigger parties to take down, you can't solo then unless you like dying a lot.

Correct. I haven't played it much.

I'll probably play it more over the course of the next week or something.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
its borderlands without the personality but that might make it better than borderlands

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

i want to watch some destiny videos because a lot of people care about this game and i dont really, so i want to like, see what they see. but if video game history holds true, ill watch a lot of videos and convince myself that everyone was right and its good and i cant wait for it to come out, but it'll come out and be bad, and ill have been right all along.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Do the vehicles have a cockpit view like in BF?. Bungie are like the most stubborn developer in the universe so I'd be amazed if they actually gave vehicles any depth or complexity. They hold the dubious distinction of creating the most boring tank in a game: the Scorpion in Halo. It got so dull that by Halo 3 I preferred to walk.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

snipe

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
all the worst parts of an MMO added to Halo, wow great job guys

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Grundma posted:

this but unironically that sounds extremely epic for the win

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Grundma posted: