Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
all the worst parts of an MMO added to Halo, wow great job guys

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Grundma posted:

this but unironically that sounds extremely epic for the win

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Grundma posted:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
if pepsico sponsored the new bungie game we could drink mountain dewstiny

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just watched a gameplay trailer. looks ok but the shipped version is going to be nonstop screeching preteens arguing about how rich and not gay they are so pass.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

Just watched a gameplay trailer. looks ok but the shipped version is going to be nonstop screeching preteens arguing about how rich and not gay they are so pass.

Unfortunately the chat is not open to strangers but only to people in your team, which defaults to your psn friends. If I remember correctly there is a petition on change org which has at least 2 signatures to change this but I can't remember where, hit the bungie forums and that topic should be under "peter dinklage sucks" and over "bungie betrayed the xbox halo fans".

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
it's a pretty good game

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

i still dont know what destiny is

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
yeah their marketing so far has been real hosed, i didn't know or give a drat about anything about it until i got in the early alpha and was like "Whoa this is fun as gently caress"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Upmarket Mango posted:

i still dont know what destiny is

Three players co-operative FPS with RPG/progression aspects and a story that would fit a prog rock album. Grab a headset with a microphone, two of your console gaming pals and shoot down wizards coming from the MOON.
:allears:

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Three players co-operative FPS with RPG/progression aspects and a story that would fit a prog rock album. Grab a headset with a microphone, two of your console gaming pals and shoot down wizards coming from the MOON.
:allears:

sounds p.cool tbh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in the gp trailer the main guy takes a break from painfully scripted dialog with his perky colleague to hit a giant beetle's weakspot with a bullet time slam dunk of some explosive purple energy ball.

then they meet another guy in like a dump or something and he congratulates them as they all run off to kill aliens and be overly supportive of each other in stilted combat banter.

The message I got was destiny is cool but only tools play it.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

limaCAT posted:

two of your console gaming pals

:jerkbag:

pc snobbery aside the rest of that sounds great

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Schnedwob posted:

the rest of that sounds great

It's really not.

It's okay and playable, but not great. Finally, the PS4 will have it's titanfall

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

It's pretty drat fun actually.

I disagree!

I didn't get very into borderlands though and don't like fpses with leveling and poo poo. Also I hate playing an fps with a controller.

I don't think the game's bad, and I may get it, but it isn't amazing and I don't think it was worth then dumping all the money that they did into it.

Also titanfall is fun, I'm sure as hell not gonna say it's great though. I feel my comparison is apt. :colbert:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Schnedwob posted:

pc snobbery aside the rest of that sounds great

Destiny (for now) has been announced only for consoles.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

So basically you didn't get out of the opening area? It forces you into a 3-man group at one point, thats why I'm asking.

There are also public events with huge boss-like enemies that take bigger parties to take down, you can't solo then unless you like dying a lot.

I admit I was looking forward to Destiny until I saw this

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
is that alpha thing still going on? I got the amazon email but never did it because I figured it was poo poo.

Also the "thrill" of betas/alphas seem to make games funner than they really are in my past experiences.

See:
ET:Quakewars
Titanfall
Diablo3

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BrettRobb posted:

is that alpha thing still going on? I got the amazon email but never did it because I figured it was poo poo.

Sunday was the last official day, but it eventually closed down Monday.
If you preordered the game you will be able to enter beta starting on 17th July on PS4 with other platforms having a later roll out.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's really not.

It's okay and playable, but not great. Finally, the PS4 will have it's titanfall

I meant the prog-rock stuff. the rest of it seems pretty milquetoast

limaCAT posted:

Destiny (for now) has been announced only for consoles.

so yeah it's confirmed to be terrible

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

BrettRobb posted:

Also the "thrill" of betas/alphas seem to make games funner than they really are in my past experiences.

See:
ET:Quakewars
Titanfall
Diablo3
there may be something to this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how good can yet another brown shootman game with regen health represented by red jelly on the sides of the screen possibly be good and not 100% generic bullshit

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

how good can yet another brown shootman game with regen health represented by red jelly on the sides of the screen possibly be good and not 100% generic bullshit

It seems to have jetpacks.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

shameful

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 17, 2014

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Some epic trolling there sir. Did you know that snapr also killed dumbledore oh boy top notch

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

some epic posting there sir. Did you know you can stop posting now yeah it's true

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well, was it?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

nope.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

this wasn't me, I'm sorry

e. The post from before, with the GOT spoilers. I feel like the horse's rear end.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

destiny seems fun but if you have a 20+ character already you are probably a financial burden on your family and should grow up and move out.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I moved out long ago, but I'll be damned if I ever stop being a burden

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Real hurthling! posted:

destiny seems fun but if you have a 20+ character already you are probably a financial burden on your family and should grow up and move out.

If you play crucible you level up fast as poo poo. And in general, really.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i have 2 20s and a 13, and i work full time

leveling is pretty easy and fast. always take bounties and do them while you're doing the story or the crucible

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Should probably nap before this Destiny Run tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
whoa the first page of this thread is like a weird time-capsule from a more primitive, ignorant past

• Locked thread