Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Derailed"
Mikes takes on a humanitarian case that could jeopardize firm business. Jessica wrestles with maintaining distance between herself and Jeff Malone and Louis fights for the respect a name partner deserves.

Also tonight's episode is directed by Patrick J Adams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

Jessica said he couldn't have Katrina back.

Also Harvey told her that her career was dead there anyway.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone that says, "We got em!" in the first 15 minutes gets hosed hard in the next 40.

e: Gina & President Black Stallion :swoon:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 19, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Look out Mike, you can't fight a robot.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mike is supposed to be some kinda genius right? Then why is it always AMATEUR LAW HOUR when he does poo poo on his own?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PaganGoatPants posted:

Mike is supposed to be some kinda genius right? Then why is it always AMATEUR LAW HOUR when he does poo poo on his own?

Mike has emotional issues, and combined with his general lack of trial experience generates drama.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

Mike has emotional issues, and combined with his general lack of trial experience generates drama.

It's about my parents! again!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Donna, that was super illegal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's no way that Donna thing doesn't come back to bite her in the rear end.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

There's no way that Donna thing doesn't come back to bite her in the rear end.

It just did. :master:

And no one can have a relationship in this show. Jessica :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't expecting it this week.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Man I am sad, been unable to make it through the last two episodes. Apart from Harvey the show has become poor.

That green screen just kinda sums up the writers effort with heh new storyline someone else finds out about Mikes sercet and its a problem for 3 episodes, has been done to death. Sorry Suits getting to onto your last chance now :(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You should watch the last one at least because Donna is going to jail.

DBZFIGHTERS
May 23, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Or worse, fired.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Nah this is USA. They'll figure something out.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

Nah this is USA. They'll figure something out.

I'm kinda curious how they will since it's pretty clear-cut. Not sure why she even did this considering what almost happened last time she took or hid paperwork.

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

PaganGoatPants posted:

It seems that cylons can smile like sharks. She didn't even smile like that when Caprica got nuked.

I swear that you could hear Harvey go flaccid in that last scene.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

patentmagus posted:

It seems that cylons can smile like sharks. She didn't even smile like that when Caprica got nuked.

I swear that you could hear Harvey go flaccid in that last scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTnTi1Lq60

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm kinda curious how they will since it's pretty clear-cut. Not sure why she even did this considering what almost happened last time she took or hid paperwork.

Donna's insecurity at being just an assistant instead of an accomplished professional like everyone else has always been fairly clear throughout the show. But yeah, it was pretty dumb.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

They might play on the fact that she didn't technically lie, like she didn't actually say she was from the government agency. Its a pretty fine hair since she was misleading the clerk but it might be enough.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Really not a fan of having Donna screw up, again, in such a hugely obviously illegal way. I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt that they're going in some new direction with this (like maybe making it the start of the Harvey/Jessica split) but it's still a huge disservice to her character to make her seem stupid enough to commit a huge crime like that after all she's been through. We'll see what happens next week I guess.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
It seems like she'd have tried doing this to bail out Harvey at some point over the years and he'd have explained to her what a stupid idea it is.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The show has been pretty bad this season. Huge dropoff from where it was in the first couple seasons. This past episode was just a re-hash of about a dozen other episodes. Mike gets emotionally invested in a case, Harvey only sees the bottom line, Donna talks to Harvey, Harvey relents a bit and they both save the day. The twist at the end would have been interesting if I didn't know that everything would be back to normal in a few episodes when Mike, Harvey, and maybe Louis smugly outwit everyone.

And if the Jessica/Jeff stuff was supposed to make Jessica out to be the bad person, I don't see it. What business is it of Jeff to know the inner workings of everything that happens at the top of the firm? And who the gently caress coldly breaks up with someone they recently professed their love to because they weren't honest about some work bullshit? He didn't catch her lying about having an affair. He found out she wasn't truthful about inter-office politics. The Jeff character is a dope and that whole storyline is stupid.

Also they should spend the money they use on guest stars and actually bring in a new and interesting character that can stick around and actually shake up the show a bit. The show needs a constant antagonist that isn't Louis since whenever Louis acts like a crazed sociopath they all kiss and makeup by the next episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Niwrad posted:

And if the Jessica/Jeff stuff was supposed to make Jessica out to be the bad person, I don't see it. What business is it of Jeff to know the inner workings of everything that happens at the top of the firm? And who the gently caress coldly breaks up with someone they recently professed their love to because they weren't honest about some work bullshit? He didn't catch her lying about having an affair. He found out she wasn't truthful about inter-office politics. The Jeff character is a dope and that whole storyline is stupid.

You're forgetting that we wouldn't have a show if the characters didn't treat their petty office drama as literally the most important thing in the world.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I know this show is soap opera first everything else second, but I recently binged through The Good Wife and I cannot believe how much better it does law-related drama. By the third time Mike warbled "why won't you believe in meeeeee' my eyes finally popped out of my head from rolling so hard. He is the worst character.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Niwrad posted:

It serves to underline the fact that Jessica's live gets ruined by Mike's secret. She had to make Luis name partner, lost her black stallion, sees her firm under repeated attacks because of actions that are related to Mike, e.g. Donna stealing files for him.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Universal aired all of the episodes the other day and Louis and crew are way funnier when the entire ship isn't two seconds from going down every day.

"See you in court sweet-tits"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Intent" or once again Donna does something illegal and stupid and pays the price

Harvey and Mike scramble to save the Liberty Rail case. DA Wolf comes after the firm. Jessica and Malone try to adjust to their new circumstances.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Anyone that says, "We got em!" in the first 15 minutes gets hosed hard in the next 40 20.

Fixed. This show has SO MANY COMMERCIALS, and each segment in between is super short, too.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"It's happening. You have my word."

:cripes:

Harvey is about to explode :psyboom:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 26, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's against the law Harvey. Also don't people have cell phones?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not too sad about this Jessica development as Jeff has always been kind of a dick.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love you Donna like a sister

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully Jessica will go back to being a loving badass, now.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
What was the resolution with the train conductor? I was confused because Mike and Rachel told him he was needed for the suit but then Harvey just resolved the case without even using him?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

antavila posted:

What was the resolution with the train conductor? I was confused because Mike and Rachel told him he was needed for the suit but then Harvey just resolved the case without even using him?

They needed an actual plaintiff to have standing to even bring a case in the first place.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the whole thing was super hasty considering it was a two episode arc but basically Mike offered the conductor to pay for his expenses + pension so that he'd be a plaintiff and Harvey somehow outbribed an entire railway company so that the mechanic would (???) and then for some reason Tricia Helfer settled even though the only evidence against them was inadmissible because (???????)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Yeah, the whole thing was super hasty considering it was a two episode arc but basically Mike offered the conductor to pay for his expenses + pension so that he'd be a plaintiff and Harvey somehow outbribed an entire railway company so that the mechanic would (???) and then for some reason Tricia Helfer settled even though the only evidence against them was inadmissible because (???????)

Because Harvey. :shrug:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Basically Mike makes sure the conductor is fine either way by getting Harvey to cover everything if he doesn't win the case and loses his benefits. He's fine either way, so he agrees. Harvey then goes to the mechanic and outbribes him to say that Lady Lawyer Tricia Helfer admitted her client's guilt when she gave him her payoff. That guy still has the money, so that's somewhat incriminating, and I guess somewhere along the way the purpose of the payoff (getting him to settle his possible suit against the Rail Company) gets nullified, or even if it's not Tricia's still on the hook. Harvey's basically going after her instead of the company, the same way she went after Donna instead of defending her case. Then instead of Harvey just offering to drop the case in exchange for Donna's freedom, the offer becomes "I drop the case and you aren't implicated in bribing a dude/Costing your big ol' client a huuuuge case, which would wreck your career forever, and also you'd be tied up in court defending yourself against this claim all the time." So with that much on the line Tricia goes for it, even if it means getting a $12 an hour at best airheaded clerk to change her story, which Tricia would know is obstruction but the clerk wouldn't care, and there you go.

My guess for the finale is Donna isn't content to let the rail company get away with it just so she goes free, and basically chooses to face prosecution as long as the case goes forward. She pleads guilty to a lesser charge where she spends maybe 3 months in jail, and that's how the season ends. At any rate, knowing this show there's no way that Liberty Rail doesn't end up paying a huuuge settlement, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a public admission of guilt on their front as well.

Then next season Donna's got a proper arc of coming back to worth as a convicted criminal and the firm under fire for going after a big corporation when all their clients are big corporations.

So yeah, that's what's up, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season finale tonight: "Not Just a Pretty Face"

Cahill needs help from Harvey in order to win his case against Woodall and Forstman. Rachel and Mike deal with differently relationships with Harvey and Donna helps Louis with a crisis.

• Locked thread