Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
SUITS might finally make Mike interesting! Did they hire a decent writer. They do banter well but characters like Rachel, Mike and douche mate from season 1 have dragged suits down oh and Harold.

We just Need Harvey, Donna, Jessica, Lewis and this new Mike and I am happy. Mike knows all Harveys moves but since Mike cares about people and there feelings Harvey can never predict him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ally_1986 posted:

Mike knows all Harveys moves but since Mike cares about people and their feelings Harvey can never predict him!

I feel like I just read a facebook post; wouldn't this just make Mike MORE predictable?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

ufarn posted:

Rachel is never going to pass the Bechdel test. The writers don't seem to know what they want to do with the character aside from the gratuitous shots that bunch of other female actresses get as well.

It seems you dont know what the Bechdel test actually is because Rachel passes it. She talks to another woman (e.g. Donna, Jessica) and not only about men (e.g. making the deal with Jessica about her education).

That doesn't change the fact that she is the weakest character on the show after she no longer functions as Luis' helper and "friend". The ballet episode was one of her strongest.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

GaussianCopula posted:

It seems you dont know what the Bechdel test actually is because Rachel passes it. She talks to another woman (e.g. Donna, Jessica) and not only about men (e.g. making the deal with Jessica about her education).

That doesn't change the fact that she is the weakest character on the show after she no longer functions as Luis' helper and "friend". The ballet episode was one of her strongest.

I feel like The Bechdel test should be less of an "it happened once, therefore it passes" like you say and more of a "this happens at greater than a 2:1 ratio of passing versus not passing" for each character.

Rachel doesn't pass given her overall involvement in the show. But I guess the two times she talks to someone and doesn't mention how she's stressed out by her man she passes.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I love the music they use on this show.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

KilGrey posted:

I love the music they use on this show.

Someone on Spotify does a great job of curating playlists for each season. I haven't seen one for Season 4 yet though.

Suits: Season 1 Playlist
Suits: Season 2 Playlist
Suits: Season 3 Playlist

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it was Season 2 that started a little too on the nose with that Gotye song that has the line "You're a fraud and you know it."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New episode tonight: "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner"
A takeover battle pits Harvey and Mike against one another and the situation is only complicated further by Mike's relationship with Rachel. Elsewhere, Louis partners with recent SEC defector Jeff Malonein.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Permission to breach borders cap'n.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, Louis and the Jessica chair.

Edit: Oh man, Katrina is well down the Litt-hole.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Louis noooooo :smith:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That was the best presentation no one will ever see.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:drat: Mike

President Palmer :smug:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I EAT COCK FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER. M M Mmmmm

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OH
MY
GOD

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

20 mil is a lot of scratch Mike.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

20 mil is a lot of scratch Mike.

He got beat bad and now wants to deal. You're dumb Mike.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

YOU'RE ALSO IN FRONT OF A REALLY OBVIOUS GREEN SCREEN.

SERIOUSLY MAN, GET A REAL WINDOW

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Rachel's monogrammed jammies :3:

Mike should stop taking jobs where he has to be ruthless. He's not very good at it.

Chasiubao fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 19, 2014

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

PaganGoatPants posted:

I EAT COCK FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER. M M Mmmmm

It's god drat delicious. :getin:

Someone got Litt up.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Everything's about Rachel in Rachel's little world. I think the strained jealous little dramas is really stupid between Mike and Rachel. Right now you could remove Rachel from the show and the show would be a little bit better.

edit: I love Litt, though. :allears:

edit2: I like the new Mallone guy. I hope he stays.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 19, 2014

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I feel kind of cheated that we didn't get Louis' head photoshopped onto a dragon out of that. Like, the show owes us that now.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

fishtobaskets posted:

I feel kind of cheated that we didn't get Louis' head photoshopped onto a dragon out of that. Like, the show owes us that now.
Sounds like a set-up for an online-only YouTube skit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The forums came back just in time for nobody to post in this thread!

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

Katrina's character has done a 180 and it's weird.

It's completely unbelievable but her character is hilarious now, so I don't mind.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of worried that they might write Katrina out since she got cast as the lead of Syfy Channel's 12 Monkeys TV series.

Edit: Jessica's outfits have been amazing this week.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 26, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This scene is great.

Louis thinks he's gay.

Donna is also great.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
God drat Harvey. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All this stuff about Jeff and his unintentional gay come ons.

Edit: I'm kind of glad they just short circuited that Mike/Rachel drama because that poo poo is getting tired.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 26, 2014

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I wish I could watch this live with all of you. I subscribe via AppleTV so I don't get to watch until the next day.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

We had better get a scene with Donna and Mike's Donna.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
How do I always miss when this show comes back? Oh well, at least it's back. Now to catch up :woop:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I really wish they'd stop being all over the place with Harvey's character. It's like they pick and choose when he grows a conscience based on when it's interesting for the plot.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The Carl Icahn lines were insufferable.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I like that Harvey has steadily become a worse person as the show's gone on. At the start he's beating people mostly straight up, now everyone's point is that he'd be doing sleazier things than his existing sleazy things if he wasn't up against Mike.

I'm starting to think that Mike got out just in time, and I'm looking forward to his basically inevitable victory over Harvey. Although, if he lost, got fired, and had to come work for Harvey again that'd be pretty rad too.

Seriously though Mike, if you're offered $70 million in pure profit to walk away from a deal, how do you not take that? And in what world is that kind of deal for a few weeks work a "double" and not a "home run"?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

NowonSA posted:

Seriously though Mike, if you're offered $70 million in pure profit to walk away from a deal, how do you not take that? And in what world is that kind of deal for a few weeks work a "double" and not a "home run"?

But his CONSCIENCE!!! HE'S REALLY A NICE GUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
poo poo just got real.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Drifter posted:

But his CONSCIENCE!!! HE'S REALLY A NICE GUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Who bought Harvey's father's tapes. Then again he was pretty pissed off at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
Fuuuuuuuck the hard drive in my dvr died and I lost Wednesdays episode. Anybody know a website I can watch it on so I'm not behind next week?

• Locked thread