Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
How do I always miss when this show comes back? Oh well, at least it's back. Now to catch up :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

GaussianCopula posted:

Yeah they put a clock on that arc with the deal he just struck. Question is why would P-S want Mike back?

It's not like he can't just come up with some magic solution that will let him keep his job if that's the direction the show wants to go. Hell, they can even get lazy with it and just have Mike's weirdo boss decide that screwing him over was some badass investment move and give him a promotion. It would be just as goofy as the way they've portrayed the whole company Mike works for.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah the Rachel stuff is soap opera levels of dumb, to the point where I was surprised that Rachel wasn't in the hospital because she was pregnant. Still, I like that the show wasn't afraid to just have a completely random B plot with Louis and Donna, which was awesome as always.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I actually wrote "(they're probably saving that for the mid-season/season finale)" originally but deleted it because I don't want to jinx it.

Of course the real kick is that it'll be Logan's baby.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I really hope they don't drag out this 'Mike needs space' arc for the rest of the season and it was just some selective editing going on in that preview, because having Mike and Rachel be children and argue with each other every episode is going to get old fast. Especially since the show already had literally this same exact arc the first time they dated/broke up.

e: And in the show's defense, at least the Mike/Rachel stuff set up a somewhat plausible (compared to just Harvey telling Jessica to hire Mike back, for example) way for him to come back to the firm. Still doesn't excuse the fact that they made Rachel a completely terrible character who set feminism back a few years, but at least it wasn't just some out-of-the-blue mid-season-finale type stuff.

*knock on wood*

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 31, 2014

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Well there's only two episodes left so in typical USA Show fashion I expect something overly dramatic to happen like Louis getting fired or quitting, only for it to be solved in 15 mins next season.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah next week's episode is the summer finale, and I'd be pretty surprised if the cliffhanger wasn't some variation of "We're completely hosed. There's only one man who could get us out of this jam..."

That or the first episode after the summer break they get into a lawsuit or merger or something with whatever company Louis is now working for.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Drifter posted:

It felt like such an unhealthy and unstable scene for two adults.

Yeah it's some Office-level cringeworthiness and awkwardness.

LOOK WHAT I GOT YOU AREN'T WE HAPPY WE'RE SO HAPPY PLEASE DON'T LEAVE I LOVE YOU

The same character that had the balls to ask Jessica to pay for her law school and told Mike the freaking episode before this to get over it and come home is immediately back into anxious teenager mode. I can't believe her character was somehow less offensive when all the writers had her do was walk around in the background of episodes and be eye candy.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

muscles like this? posted:

Have they actually said whether or not Katrina is coming back? She's starring on Syfy's 12 Monkeys TV series which might eat up her time.

I fully expect there to be a scene where Louis tells her what happened and tells her that he's re-hired/unfired her, at which point she'll disappear for most of the season. I mean, it's not like she got a whole ton of screentime before.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The pretentious, poor man's Donna who unironically said money bores her? No thanks.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
On the list of things showrunners probably shouldn't say about their shows, "It could've been a lot worse" is easily top 5.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Hey I actually noticed this show is coming back before the season is almost over like I usually do so there'll be 8 of us now!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Really not a fan of having Donna screw up, again, in such a hugely obviously illegal way. I'm going to give the show the benefit of the doubt that they're going in some new direction with this (like maybe making it the start of the Harvey/Jessica split) but it's still a huge disservice to her character to make her seem stupid enough to commit a huge crime like that after all she's been through. We'll see what happens next week I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Shoulda put a ring on it Harvey.

• Locked thread