Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
I heard diviinity original sin is good, but I dont wanna waste my money on early access bs. Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

red plastic cup posted:

I heard diviinity original sin is good, but I dont wanna waste my money on early access bs. Is it good?

You should probably just get the divinity collection (which is real cheap right now) and if you like it you can get OS while it is cheaper/finished down the line.

and if you don't like it, well, it's cheaper than getting DivOS right now.

Edit: Check out this amazing Divinity II review from a very reputable site:

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 20, 2014

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008

holy poo poo this is a good deal

surc
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress I accidentally clicked through the age chooser too quick and now I can't view any good games for a while. Steaaaaaaaaaaaaaam :negative:

But are any of these games worth getting? I don't recognize most of the names except for the ones that came out in like 2001 or earlier.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

surc posted:

gently caress I accidentally clicked through the age chooser too quick and now I can't view any good games for a while. Steaaaaaaaaaaaaaam :negative:

But are any of these games worth getting? I don't recognize most of the names except for the ones that came out in like 2001 or earlier.

witcher 2's good.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

I brought all my change to a coinstar to buy wallet funds for the sale and now I dont have any coins left to scratch the thingy off the card to get the code :(

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

RaIp posted:

I brought all my change to a coinstar to buy wallet funds for the sale and now I dont have any coins left to scratch the thingy off the card to get the code :(

this is actually hilarious

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

RaIp posted:

N-no...that's not fair

There was money now

Dec 26, 2012

Jackie D posted:

N-no...that's not fair

There was money now

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

RaIp posted:

Use the money to buy an Oh Henry

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I played far cry 3 a bit from last sale but haven't touched dish honored

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
you bought:

bad games

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Hey so I bought the witcher 2 and also I got a 4 pack of Monaco because it was super cheap, but only had one friend who I actually want to play monaco with, so if people want monaco let me know.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sale's been really bad this summer.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Unguided posted:

Sale's been really bad this summer.

today was pretty good and I picked up MGR and wolf among us

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
Do I get sleeping dogs or wait for sr4. I don't have time for both

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The summer sale where they gave you those little tickets for doing certain achievements that you could trade for dlc was the best one. I think that was 2011 or something

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Be a real PC gamer and buy more games than you can ever actually play, that's what you do

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

RaIp posted:

Use a fingernail, baby.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

should I buy steamworld dig

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Jackie D posted:

I didn't like it.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Jackie D posted:

If it looks fun to you then I would say it's probably worth 2 dollars. I liked it ok.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Stupid fuckers have voted for the wrong set in every loving community vote so far

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Stupid fuckers have voted for the wrong set in every loving community vote so far

Mirror's edge was below 5 bucks for the community vote, that was not a wrong choice.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Mirror's edge was below 5 bucks for the community vote, that was not a wrong choice.

they should have voted it into the trash, where it belongs

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Is it fascism yet posted:

they should have voted it into the trash, where it belongs

it's 5 dollars to watch a girl jump around and grab things for 15 hours. That's what we call art.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

You don't watch poo poo in mirror's edge because it's first person, dumbass

It'd be better if it was third person without a hack so you could see her gumby limbs fly around though

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It'd be better if it was third person without a hack so you could see her gumby limbs fly around though

having a femal protag without being able to see her rear end is major fail

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Is it fascism yet posted:

having a femal protag without being able to see her rear end is major fail

woah, calm down there buddy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Uh how can I play a game if I am not watching it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh how can I play a game if I am not watching it.

You're really stupid.

Do you say "I'm going to watch myself go to the store" when you go to the store? You aren't watching somebody do something when you're looking through their eyes.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Is Fallen Enchantress worth $8? I liked Fall From Heaven and Age of Wonders 3.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You're really stupid.

Do you say "I'm going to watch myself go to the store" when you go to the store? You aren't watching somebody do something when you're looking through their eyes.

I have to watch where I'm jumping because if I don't land on the red spaces I die.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Grakdesh posted:

Is Fallen Enchantress worth $8? I liked Fall From Heaven and Age of Wonders 3.

If you have AoW3 I already I think you can skip fallen enchantress but I haven't played it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I hear a lot about Sonic Transformed on Steam being better than Mario Kart 8

This is difficult for me to believe can someone here confirm or deny it before I pull the trigger on it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Widestancer posted:

This is difficult for me to believe can someone here confirm or deny it before I pull the trigger on it

loving pull the trigger, it's an amazing game.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Widestancer posted:

I don't know if I'd say it's better, since they play a bit different and Sonic is less item focused, but Sonic is awesome too.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

The Taint Reaper is a special kid

Actually I'm correct because the example he gave would be incorrect. I'm not watching myself play the game, I'm watching the screen. Despite it being in first person view I'm still watching the girl even though it's from the game's first person camera.

Where as I can't watch myself unless I'm viewing myself from a camera. In which case yes I can watch myself go to the store.

I am separated from the game itself, where as his example made it be a direct action. They don't work, it's like clementines and cucumbers.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Actually I'm correct because the example he gave would be incorrect. I'm not watching myself play the game, I'm watching the screen. Despite it being in first person view I'm still watching the girl even though it's from the game's first person camera.

Where as I can't watch myself unless I'm viewing myself from a camera. In which case yes I can watch myself go to the store.

I am separated from the game itself, where as his example made it be a direct action.

You aren't loving watching her do the poo poo, you're seeing it through her eyes and directing it. You are watching the environment, not watching her. "Watching x do y" implies you are looking at object x as it performs action y.

Here's a better example: you don't say you're watching somebody record a cat doing funny poo poo, you say you are watching a cat doing funny poo poo. Maybe you'd say you're watching a video of it, but if you used that terminology you'd say you're watching the game, not the character you're playing.

Just learn to admit when you're wrong and you'll look a lot less stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

You aren't loving watching her do the poo poo, you're seeing it through her eyes and directing it. You are watching the environment, not watching her. "Watching x do y" implies you are looking at object x as it performs action y.

Here's a better example: you don't say you're watching somebody record a cat doing funny poo poo, you say you are watching a cat doing funny poo poo. Maybe you'd say you're watching a video of it, but if you used that terminology you'd say you're watching the game, not the character you're playing.

Just learn to admit when you're wrong and you'll look a lot less stupid.

Dude I am playing a videogame, I am watching the screen. I am not Faith herself. I am using a controller to make things move on the screen. I am still looking at the screen.

Watch is defined to look at something carefully, usually at something which is moving. Stuff is moving on my videogame computer, much like it would be on a TV screen.

• Locked thread