Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It is time. Time for the World Cup. The blessing FIFA bestows upon us every 4 years. Thank you FIFA.

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS poo poo?
Refer to this thread for the ultimate TV guide

Tonight we will get the opening ceremony which will be a celebration of Brazilian culture and football. A feast for both the eyes and the soul.

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE OPENING CEREMONY.

First of, the metro workers has resumed work so the 65.000 strong crowd should be able to get into the stadium. They will be able to watch an amazing opening ceremony that will include stuff like;

A dude wearing a mind-controlled exoskeleton will kick a ball for the first time. It'll be like watching Jozy play.

We also know that Pitbull and Jennifer "J-Lo" Lopez will be performing their song, which is not as good as Shakiras version. There will also be 600 dancers anda giant LED ball.

When all this is done, there will be a brief pause for pundits to talk about Brazil and Croatias line-up.

Brazil and Croatia will be playing against eachother in the new Arena Corinthians.

(I couldn't find a picture of the completed stadium so it might not be ready, who knows)
Brazil prepared by playing against Serbia, which is similar to Croatia in every single way, and won the match but not without their share of problems.
However, the host nation has never lost their opening World Cup game which is a pretty strong statistic and drat if I don't love some stats.

I don't know much about Croatia except Rakitic and Modric are both fully sick and I would not be surprised if they won tonight.

Expected line-ups
BRAZIL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyyOahYXhUQ
Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo; Gustavo, Paulinho; Neymar, Oscar, Hulk; ... Fred..

CROATIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqgLZ7fZY4
Pletikosa (worst keeper in the tournament); Srna, Corluka, Lovren, Vrsalijko; Vukojevic, Modric; Kovacic, Rakitic, Perisic; Olic.

quote:

Referee Crew:
(thanks to chaoslord for this)
Referee: Yuichi NISHIMURA (JPN)
AR1: Toru SAGARA (JPN)
AR2: Toshiyuki NAGI (JPN)
4th: Alireza FAGHANI (IRN)
RAR: Hassan KAMRANIFAR (IRN)

The last time Nishimura worked a match involving Brazil, this happened!

Which means he will be doing back to back World Cup matches for the hosts, even if they were seperated by almost 4 years. Nishimura also worked Brazil's 3-1 win over Belarus in the Olympics. He has never worked a match involving Croatia.

Kick-off is 22 CET, 9PM, 4PM EST
The Croatia Team Thread
The Brazilian Team Thread

Hegay fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Croatia is Serbia

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

i am very much hyped

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
nice thread tag idiot

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
wow hegav you took this post from the hands of leeds fan #69 how rude

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

fat greasy puto posted:

nice thread tag idiot

Brazil, much like the thread tag and title, is over run by filth.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Who do you want to win guys? I want Croatia to win.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm looking forward tot his it's pouring down here so it's like the heavens are acknowledging the only right and good thing to do today is stay inside and warm up to the WC.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Frankston posted:

Who do you want to win guys? I want Croatia to win.

I want Croatia to LOSE in solidarity with my Iceland brothers, but I want Brazil to LOSE MORE because it'd be fun.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Referee Crew:

Referee: Yuichi NISHIMURA (JPN)
AR1: Toru SAGARA (JPN)
AR2: Toshiyuki NAGI (JPN)
4th: Alireza FAGHANI (IRN)
RAR: Hassan KAMRANIFAR (IRN)

The last time Nishimura worked a match involving Brazil, this happened!

Which means he will be doing back to back World Cup matches for the hosts, even if they were seperated by almost 4 years. Nishimura also worked Brazil's 3-1 win over Belarus in the Olympics. He has never worked a match involving Croatia.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Listening to national anthems to get pumped for this world cup business.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Football will be the winner tonight. But in another more accurate sense, Brazil will the winner tonight, by a two goal margin. Neymar will score one (and only one) of the goals.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
That's a new stadium? looks like something straight out of the early 80s, bland and boring poo poo with harsh lines/angles. Not smooth Brazil, not smooth at all.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope that Croatia win because this Brazil team is really easy to hate.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The basement tub vodka is almost ready for a Croatian win!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

loving excited gents!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It seems that it's a Belgian whos behind the opening ceremony so it will probably most likely be some big fail

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Hegay posted:

It seems that it's a Belgian whos behind the opening ceremony so it will probably most likely be some big fail

Ugh, a whole opening ceremony of terrible youtubes?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
i'm just anxious for football to start i can't contain the hype!!!!!!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

They will play around in a sandbox to protest tax havens haha lil inside joke there

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

it will be a bunch of human being students throwing sand at the man

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

this is not the gdt i will be posting in

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

tetsman posted:

it will be a bunch of human being students throwing sand at the man

watch your language, chap

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Raffles posted:

this is not the gdt i will be posting in

will you be posting in another?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

T Bowl posted:

That's a new stadium? looks like something straight out of the early 80s, bland and boring poo poo with harsh lines/angles. Not smooth Brazil, not smooth at all.

the best part is that people died to make it and literal human bones and viscera are a part of its foundations

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
also is that mind controlled exo-skeleton thing a joke?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

also is that mind controlled exo-skeleton thing a joke?

No, it's 100% true.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

belgend posted:

will you be posting in another?

i will

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
cunto

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm super loving jacked up for this tonight lads. I haven't been able to get any work done all afternoon.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Thank you my dear posting allies, the one who chose my thread. I love you forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Andre le Fuckface sucks rear end heard it here first

• Locked thread