Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you think of the roma
they are a marginalized minority and anyone making generalities about them is a poo poo head racist
they are thieving poo poo heads and anyone who makes excuses for them only allows their terrible culture to propagate
hmm...not sure op, you loving idiot
fuckin gyppo stole my wallet
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
what does everyone think of the roma, and their place in european society?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax
kill em

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
glad they havent figured out boat or plane technology to get to america

In Zero We Trust
Jul 14, 2011
I like to get fuckin' drunk with em'

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
gently caress jews

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
gently caress yous

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

gypsies

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
hmm.. i think the answer lies somewhere in the middle

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think the roma are a very storied people with a cherishable culture that should be venerated. Though I don't know why they rape so many people in india.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

some of them are decent accordion players but that's about it

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

their tomatoes are alright, i guess

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
it's weird how they all have ferrets

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I watched a gypsy family in rome systematically robbing tourists as they passed by when I was in rome as a kid, the parents would approach them from the front talking jibberish about how the kids gotta eat or whatever and in the mean time the kids woulc come up from behind and pick their pockets. They were very good at what they did and I respect them for that.

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
That show about gypsy weddings was pretty sad and strange. Also, that one lady makes like all of their dresses and is basically a millionaire thanks to her ability to sew $.50 swarovski crystal beads to low cut dresses.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gently caress the gypos

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
tbh its a mix of 1 and 4

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSnua3M2lo

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

one of my great uncles in belgium has a rental property that he refuses to consider approaching to gypsies anymore because theyll just make the security deposit then move in the whole extended family and stay without paying rent until the day before they can be evicted and bounce, then a week later some distant cousin will come try to make the deposit again so they can all move back in. regular white people don't do this and not even blacks and arabs

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've never been to europe and live in America please euros tell me about the Roma.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I don't trust anyone who can't be legally identified.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I'm married to a roma, and gently caress the roma, except my wife who is the black sheep of the family having never actually robbed, murdered, stolen or beaten the poo poo out of anyone. Roma weddings are the best though, loving riot police called out, barefist boxing on the streets, every window in the street smashed, and noone saw a loving thing.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I've never encountered a gypsy, but fear their mastery of magicke

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gypos kept stealing my relatives vegetables they grew in their garden

gently caress them

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What a wonderful culture they have, living in squalor while systematically stealing anything they can before moving onto the next village and repeating the process. At least we'll always have their piles of trash and feces to remember them by.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I dated a Roma girl briefly in 2009, she seemed pretty normal but people would be openly racist to her sometimes, like I would be having a casual conversation with someone and she'd start talking and they'd be like "gently caress off gypsy". I never met her family though and didn't really hang out with other gypsies so I never saw any of the stereotypes except for the one where they're all really good classical musicians.

edit: This was in Budapest, maybe it's different elsewhere.

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 12, 2014

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
A. they are not actually people

B. Hitler should have exterminated every last Roma man woman and child till there was nothing left but caravans in a pyre to burn

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

They're basically super libertarians doing whatever they want. They ignore all government rules, lie, steal, cheat, and want to live off the grid so they can continue getting away with it. They'll infest an area and wreak havoc on the locals until they tire of it, or get driven out.

If they'd just act like normal nomadic people, no one would loving care. There are tons of Americans who live in motor homes, travel throughout the country, and manage not to be terrible shitheads. gently caress the roma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuMS3WRGIvQ

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
cmon guys they just have a very different culture. one that isn't compatible at all with any of the existing cultures, sadly

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

No. 6 posted:

If they'd just act like normal nomadic people, no one would loving care. There are tons of Americans who live in motor homes, travel throughout the country, and manage not to be terrible shitheads. gently caress the roma.

Those aren't Roma, these are Roma:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNo8fjH4I8I&t=3054s

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I've never been to europe and live in America please euros tell me about the Roma.

We've got Roma in America, my mom told me about an encampment that set up near her home when she was a kid, said they were nice I guess they don't steal from people they live directly next to? :confused:

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

My bad, forgot the thread title. gently caress gypsies and their mutant offspring making GBS threads up the place wherever they go

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Are Roma like Indians and they just poo poo wherever they want???

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

No. 6 posted:

They're basically super libertarians doing whatever they want. They ignore all government rules, lie, steal, cheat, and want to live off the grid so they can continue getting away with it. They'll infest an area and wreak havoc on the locals until they tire of it, or get driven out.

irish travellers are not roma

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the gypsies have the right idea

you can't holocaust what you can't catch

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cock hero flux posted:

the gypsies have the right idea

you can't holocaust what you can't catch

i dunno they got the poo poo holocausted out of them. they did do better than the jews though

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

They're all nomadic criminals who are drains on society.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Roma must confuse the hell out of SJW, on the one hand they're the most oppressed minority in the world bar maybe pygmy on the other they're ultra-sexist.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They are a marginalized minority with a unique culture. They are marginalized because their unique culture is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

we have them in Canada but they're called "aboriginals" here

they're roundly despised

• Locked thread