Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Chronojam posted:

That sounds like a good place to work. "No, you may not work overtime or work on this over the weekend, but feel free to use company assets after hours. Just be sure you leave for home by nine."

That sounds awesome by American standards, and absolutely incredible and unheard of in Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Coughing Hobo posted:

That Riki is actually a middle-aged layabout with multiple kids and crippling debt came with a feeling of genius that washed over me so profoundly, it has yet to be matched and I don't think it ever will.

Seriously, I'm happy that Xenoblade is getting the respect it deserves in Smash 4, but if you had asked me, I would've taken Rikki a thousand times over Shulk.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Chronojam posted:

Riki was just some middle-aged guy, species aside, with a wife and kids. He was voluntold to help you to go pay off his debts and get him away from town for a while, rather than complain and he totally owns it and hams it up. Plus he's good in a lot of party configurations (all of them).

Did you run across the nopon meth-lab-in-the-woods sidequest? They're not just stuffed animals.

Plus the whole cutesy personality is a coldly calculated act to make the homs underestimate the nopon.
And he's a hella wise guy who chums it up with Dunban and is a paternal figure for Media.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
New characters!

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara05.html
Apparently named "Chia"

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara04.html

Sorta wish I knew japanese, but apparently the guy's name is somethingsomething VAN DAMME

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is the game confirmed for a western/American release? If it's an xc situation I am completely ready to import a European wiiu and game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Word on the street (4chan's translation of those scans) is that the game will have dual audio and that it is fantastic in both english and japanese.
So it's already been dubbed?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Champeenship posted:

So the info for the pre-load on the Japanese eShop says a few things:

- 4-player online quests
- 32-player passive online for exchanging items and info
- USB keyboard support
- 720p

Oh my god.
This is Phantasy Star Online.
Oh my god.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Son of a bitch I want this game already

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

thanks alot assbag posted:

I'm really excited for this game but I am so mad at the character designs. They look like creepy-rear end wooden anime dolls. Hoping that I can either bench the worst offenders relatively quickly or slap helmets on them forever and never have to look at them again.

Apparently you can change all of the characters' hairstyles, since I saw an image of the creepy monado hairclip girl with a different, much better hairdo that does not frame her enormous creepy eyes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Champeenship posted:

If y'all missed the Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS niconico stream last night, they showed live performances of some of the music:

Main Theme
Gaur Plain
Mechanical Rhythm
Confrontation with the Enemy
Those Who Bear Their Name

This is the definitive Gaur Plains but Mechanical Rhythm sounds a bit overproduced and that breaks my heart

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It comes out in some 10 days, right? Gonna be real hard to remain unspoiled until it comes out here :smith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Thank god they can actually show close-ups of peoples faces and not have them be blurred out messes.

Other than that, I get the distinct impression I don't want to see that translated. Japanese trailers are pretty notorious for spoiling twists you don't want spoiled. (see: pretty much every movie trailer they release)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Xc6in86rs
Looking back, the original Xenoblade trailer spoiled A TON of things. Like Zanza, Mayneth, Egil and the Machina, etcetera
I mean the first piece of music they play is the last boss's.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Plus he's likeable, actually funny, and has surprising depth for the cutesy mascot archetype.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
If tomorrow's direct has a release date and said release date is also within this year and also an english trailer with characters speaking with an english accent I will poo poo myself right there and then at work.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

queeb posted:

The further I get in this game the more awesome it looks. I just got to the bionis back with the big tree and holy gently caress it looks amazing.

Still not the prettiest body part

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
My pants remain thoroughly unshat

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I prefer skells over dolls because dolls is such an anime term for mecha they might as well call them figma or metal gears

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ok fine sheesh GIANT ROBOTS THAT ARE CONTROLLED FROM THE INSIDE WITH AN ENTIRELY MECHANICAL INTERFACE

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Just a question for those who have been following streams and spoilers, and you don't have to go in depth with your answer, but is there really not a playable Nopon party member?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Dastardly posted:

Not that we know of. But Tatsu joins your party as a guide really early on in the game and is present in plenty of cutscenes so it's basically like having Riki except you can't use him in combat.

That sucks, because Riki's charm was that he could talk the talk AND walk the walk since he was a tough versatile little ball of fluff

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wait, is uguu face really supposed to be the Reyn stand in?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

How about a loving RELEASE DATE NINTENDO

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So how many playable characters does xcx have

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is there a decent, translated write up of all the classes?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
From seeing noas tweets, it seems the pax panel amounted to hey guys the game still exists it swears (and a release date which I guess is pretty cool)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So BLADE now stands for Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth instead of the engrish trainwreck it used to mean.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Xenoblade 1 was a game that was good BECAUSE of anime, not in spite of.
Crazy I know.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm buying the special edition because I'm a dumbshit who wants to own a 512 MB cheapo plastic flash drive and an art pamphlet I'll maybe unfold once or twice.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah seriously I'd rather spend 50 on a decent 1 TB Seagate drive than 50 on a 250 gigs non user-accessible Nintendo brand hard drive

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 18, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm actually surprised I haven't ran into any spoilers or anything. I mean, the game's been out since forever in Japan hasn't it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Well Xenoblade 1 was pretty long too and it had huge, early game spoilers that people tripped themselves over to keep hidden slash reveal.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm sadder than I should be that the game called Xenoblade doesn't have a cool rear end sword

Just get a sword manufactured by any of the alien races and by definition you'll be getting a xenoblade.

Incidentally, what is this game called in Japan? Because I know Xenoblade Chronicles was called Monado: Subtitle so I don't think this would follow the same format.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

A Steampunk Gent posted:

According to wikipedia XenobladeX or 'Zenobureido Kurosu'

That's almost a palindrome!

Has there been a video explaining the different classes, preferably done by somebody with a pleasing voice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Another question: I'm getting the game's physical version, and I hear rumblings about downloading some data packs or something to improve performance. What are these? Are they available right now?
And what about DLC? I know that in Japan they had a couple of additional quests, characters and fashion equipment. Will it be the same in the western version? Or are they doing that thing where all DLC is included because why not?

• Locked thread