Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So at pax there was no demo, except a weekend long presentation by a guy who would cover like 10 different topics every hour or so. I sat in on a few.

(they had no demo because they argued it was "too complex" to showcase a demo, which is a whole other can of worms imo)

Anyways things I took from it:

mechs are super fuckin expensive, and you don't even get one until like level 20, something like 10-15 hours into the game or something? also if you destroy your mech in combat, and you havent bought insurance, gg. you have to rebuy the whole loving thing.

mechs have fuel, and you can rebuy fuel, but it seems to slowly regen while in a city.

the level of customization was nuts. You can swap out individual parts, along with color customization? neat

the demo frequently had text placeholders like #Left_arm_atch or whatever for text, which looked like they hadn't finished translating the game yet

the tank controls (mech can flip between ground tank or flying mech) look to be extremely loving floaty, slightest movement caused it to slide all over

the ui has a LOT going on, and not all of it is quite clear what's what at first impression

the UI has a lot going on in general, actually.

The ui text descriptions (like for abilities) are really small and in retrospect I wish i would have asked him about UI scaling. The small text on a 50" tv sitting about 6-8 feet away was hard to read.

Remember the blue orbs? well now they're diamonds. collect them all! :stonklol:

npcs still have schedules and won't show up at certain times of the day, but somewhere in the map you can see sections where it has notes like "found Gaston here"

The maps are still loving huge.

there's a focus mode thing that does...something. slows time and you can do more damage??

press B to sync with your teammates still in. combat seems largely unchanged. no "reyn time", instead they yell whatever it was they were yelling.

I wasn't sure if it was 30fps or 60fps, but there were noticeable dips in the framerate. looks pretty tho.

The guy showcasing the game at pax was this guy in the middle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcMkczoRMTU

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Watching a stream and the geometry pop in and enemy pop in is disappointingly bad. I didn't notice it on the pax demo tho.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

She was playing the download version.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did it, I preordered the thing.

Disk version anyways. gently caress if I'm gonna wait for the loving 30gb worth of data to download at 8mbit~ or so when I have a 30mbit download speed.

Course, I still have to wait for the 8gb~ of installed data, but I'll likely put that off after I pass out on the couch on the first day playing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I think about playing this game about every other day, so hyped.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Six. Weeks.

Are you getting excited? Because the hype is real and I'm riding this train strapped to the front.

Japanese wallpapers
http://imgur.com/a/EKmGH

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oil Drilling Simulation?

I'm missing something

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish it had dual audio. I'm not partial to the current one

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Motto posted:

The game's so big that there's no space on the disk to include a second audio track. Maybe they'll include it as free DLC, but I wouldn't count on it.

I know. But still don't like it much. It's just tolerable. Not as good as the European one in xc1

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If it's not good I am going to be verily goon upset

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Funny I don't see the special edition that all the True Fans are buying listed for this price.

The special edition is worthless. a lovely usb, with 10 tracks of a 4 disk set, an art book they could provide as a free pdf, and a placard I would just throw out.

I am buying the guide tho.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Terper posted:

PC doesn't have enough power

If the wiiu emulator gets as much steam as dolphin, I'm sure it will.

They have WW running at like 5fps, but it's barely had any work done on it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Having the datapacks seems pretty required. In some cases the load time is about 10 seconds shorter.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I bought a 1tb ehd so I could finally get SSBWIIU and stuff, since I only had about 2gb free out of 32gb (really 25gb) anyways I figured.

Should be more than enough space for literally everything on the wii shop.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm hoping it unlocks the morning of 12/4 instead of the evening of 12/4. It's sometimes unclear about what time they're talking about when people say "midnight".

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Baal posted:

Matt Mercer is powerful

He sounds like Crispin Freeman.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

15-16? More days.

This is nailbiting territory.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

This person is streaming Xenoblade X right now http://www.twitch.tv/kinggothalion They are a really awesome Destiny streamer, the chat is not normally into these sort of games (JRPGs or Nintendo in general) so you'll want to hide the chat, but otherwise this is a good look at the english version of the game.

That's tomb raider right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/tangentgaming This is a stream

and it's over. Apparently they're only allowing 3 hour streams.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 18, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lastdancer posted:

I made another video because I am very bored and have a lot of free time right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4CwXV4B9g

I would really like to play this game already!

I like it, but it needs an advertisement for the actual game and where to purchase it, if it's going to be a true tv spot.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab-uRDnwILo

quality is still processing on the gamexplain 3 hour stream

I like this because he starts off 46 hours into it, instead of the beginning, which is boring now to me.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Me either. I'm playing Fallout 4 to tide me over but once this comes out I'm ditching everything for this game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I did all the sidequests. You're clearly not :spergin: enough.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tae posted:

Weabs were super pissed when Olivia from Fire Emblem Awakening was too assertive compared to her japanese version.

If you know who Olivia is, that is absurd to think about.

Isn't she the really meek one? Is...that the point?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So something storyline related got spoiled for me like

a year ago? Whenever the game first came out anyway and I'm kinda curious if it's the only major twist in the game as I haven't really been able to forget about it for some reason. Someone who's beaten the JP version can you tell me how super major it is? (Seriously it sounds like a big story beat don't mouse over just in case) I heard all humans are extinct and we're all dumb robots or something

If this is true I'm mad I scrolled over it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I've been pretty diligent on watching streams and everything, and somehow I haven't seen or heard of anything like that. That's just as bad as the Fiora spoiler.

Also I don't like it, the plot point.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm sadder than I should be that the game called Xenoblade doesn't have a cool rear end sword

I forget what the ability is, but there is literally an ability your character can do that looks like the True Monado before it crashes on the enemy's head.

And technically it's Xenoblade Cross.

Because japan loves X but it doesn't know how to use it properly. Like Gun x Sword is literally "Gun Sword" It's not a loving conjugation!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea it's a dumb thing but it's not a big dramatic end of game thing, you find it early on which at the very least is a better option than keeping it as some big "BUT REALLY" twist as if it's a huge climax moment. At least that way it's handled early and it's just 'ok, cool, whatever let's move on then'.

We're all synths, apparently because cryogenics is not a thing

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 28, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Are the data packs already up for download on the US store? They don't seem to be in the EU one.

They wont be until november 30th.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm seeing TV commercials for this game. :stare:

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Vitamin P posted:

I've just hooked up my shiny new Xenoblade-playing machine, as there is literally nothing else in the Wii U library that interests me apparently, and on the estore I can't see a way to buy or preload the game or whatever, just to put it on a watch list. Is that normal or am I missing something?

If you're in the UK, you can't do poo poo till tomorrow apparently.

• Locked thread