Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's apparently more combat commands than just "focus on hitting the guy i'm hitting" but it's all in japanese so the guy only knew that command. :v:

New E3 confirmed to be happening in Neo Los Angeles.
Looks like Neo Los Angeles is an expanded yet compressed Colony 6 with you finding important military people from the city in their stasis pods and then people that run shops and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I almost had beaten the game without realizing you could use other character's skills on your skill tree :)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Which combination is usually perfered, I pretty much only plan to use it for this game.

Wiimote and Nunchuk by far. They let you move the camera during combat and you can keep your hands super relaxed while playing, which is good since it's a loooooong game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JordanKai posted:

A new issue of EDGE Magazine came out today and it includes a ton of interviews with game devs at Nintendo. Here's a choice quote from Tetsuya Takahashi regarding X:

Jesus christ. That is messed up and I love them so much for it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Calaveron posted:

New characters!

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara05.html
Apparently named "Chia"

http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara04.html

Sorta wish I knew japanese, but apparently the guy's name is somethingsomething VAN DAMME

That's clearly Shulk and Dickson.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

On another note, Van Damme appears to be wearing chaps which are exposing vaguely metallic underpants.

You gotta carry that weight, Space Cowboy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That looks sexy as hell.

...are those Amiibo cards on the left???

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Doc V posted:

So, the latest issue of Famitsu has a 10 page feature on Xenoblade X. I haven't seen scans yet, but there's a bunch of tidbits on Japanese blogs already:

-You can pick one of several different voice actors for the main character
-Map on the gamepad shows player location and quest goal areas, also allows fast travel to already visited areas.
-Unlike its predecessor, the game is an open-world RPG that allows you to advance to plot in multiple different areas at the same time.
-Lots of vocal songs on the soundtrack
-The X ("cross") in the title symbolizes several players playing together online. The game isn't an MMO, but rather a "loosely connected online game", whatever that means.
-The soundtrack has around 90 tracks
-The game world is around 400 square kilometers in size.
-Combat is based on Xenoblade's, but made to feel faster and more "action-y".
-No dedicated healer, healing is done through the Soul Voice system.
-4 character parties
-Way more unique monsters and equipment
-Takahashi replayed the game to give it a final inspection and it took him over 300 hours

Doc V posted:

More stuff:
-Near the start of the game, you join one of 8 different unions and do quests for them. The different unions are all in charge of different stuff like eliminating dangerous life forms, securing resources or developing weaponry. You can switch to a different union later on.
-The game pad map is made out of hexes. Touching a hex shows any events in the area and allows you to fast travel to the location.
-Dolls are extremely powerful, but aren't accurate enough to target enemies' individual body parts. Targeting body parts allows you to weaken enemies and obtain bonus items, so sometimes it pays off to fight outside your mech.
-Takahashi's 300 hour playthrough was not a 100% run.

Yes, yes YESSSSSSS :getin:
At last, the Future LA Union Worker With Mech simulator is complete.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/xenoblade-chronicles-x-details-map-size-unions

gematsu posted:

The eight unions are:

Pathfinder - In charge of data probe installation.
Interceptor - In charge of exterminating protists.
Avalanche - In charge of hunting down dangerous life forms.
Testament - In charge of the search and recovery of debris scattered by the ship, as well as the recovery of items lost on the battlefield.
Corepedian - In charge of visiting areas and investigation/collecting materials.
Land Bank - In charge of securing resources and collecting minerals.
Arms - Assists the Arms Company in charge of the development of Dolls and their inner weaponry.
Companion - A Jack of all trades, from the mediation of petty fights to the search of stray cats.

Corepedian sounds pretty sweet, just get rewarded even more for exploring. On the other hand the idea of Companion giving me a mech to fly around and find a lost kitty (possibly stuck on a giant alien tree monster) is amazing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh god I'm just going to make Trunks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Was this the one from like a week ago or was there another new trailer today?

My boner hasn't stopped since the first trailer when the guy walked into the mech and flew towards the sunset.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Average Bear posted:

This game is becoming depressing. It's gone from unique JRPG with good characters to "everything anime, ever, cranked to 12". There is no hope for interesting characters if the devs are making characters with doll eyes and breast sliders, like how broken humans think other humans look.

It was unique because of the gameplay, lets not pretend the Xenoblade Regular cast weren't loving anime cliches cranked up to 12. Reyn is great but he's just dumb hot-blooded anime character #64684154.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can anything be more anime than Seven with her robot boobs and being the Childhood Friend for the main protagonists who is also holding a goddess inside her?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Is Optimus Prime anime enough to be a mech in Xenoblade Chronicles X?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Apparently that's just faceplates for the New 3DS non-XL. If they made a special edition 3DS XL that looked like that I'd sell my soul right away, tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Motto posted:

I don't get why these streams are JP-only. Maybe we'll get one that goes over all of this stuff a few weeks before the English release?

Yeah, I think a big Nintendo Direct that covers what all the japanese streams did will come out a month or less before the English release since they'll be somewhat far away.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That rap song sounds very silly and cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The vocals remind me of the Monster Rancher theme.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dastardly posted:

I'd say it's safe to assume it will be out before October/November. That's Star Fox and Zelda U territory.

Yeah, I think it'll get a September release like The Wonderful 101 and the real big stuff get the strong months.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hmm, would using dolphin involve using the disc I already own of Xenoblade and could I use the save file I already have? If so I'd love playing NG+ a bit with good textures

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Champeenship posted:

If y'all missed the Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS niconico stream last night, they showed live performances of some of the music:

Main Theme
Gaur Plain
Mechanical Rhythm
Confrontation with the Enemy
Those Who Bear Their Name

Violins make everything so much loving better.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd be down for the lyrics if they only pop up in boss battles, it's gonna be an 80 hour game, the music itself is fine for that but the bad rapping is something I feel will get on my nerves.

I like this style of music, though I still would've much rather they kept the Xenoblade composers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dastardly posted:

Boy do I love jerking my knees off at a small amount of songs out of the 90+ tracks he has composed for this. If you can't appreciate corny lyrics then go play Persona 3, 4 and Q so you understand why they're great.

One of them is described as the battle theme. As in the theme of battle, as in one of the core gameplay mechanics you will do throughout the 80-120+ hours of game. I don't want to hear A Whole Different Plaaanet for what could amount to over a day of my life.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dastardly posted:

The joke here is that Shimomura's Kingdom Hearts: Xenoblade edition battle theme was so bland that no one even remembers that it exists and people were fine with that. Appreciate that you get to listen to something catchier this time.

I have no idea of which of those games you're referring to in that sentence but I'd take a forgettable song over an annoying one any day of the week.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm cool with silly lyrics but I don't want them in the majority of my encounters, I'd rather it be like with Revengeance and have the lyrics only kick in on big moments.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Black Mage Knight posted:

Just wanna say that the X battle theme owns, and is way better than the stupidly bland one from Xenoblade.

Also

...this just tells me that you didn't get to the point in Revengeance where the normal encounter music becomes this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmlu45-LuwQ

For chapters 5 and 7 only, due to it all being hype betrayal moment and you unlocked SSJ moment

Gameplay video helps, though lol that first encounter is practically cut in half bybthe guy going gently caress and getting on his murder train. Lyric mixing being so low that battle quips overshadow them is good enough for me, tho

Xenoblade's battle theme was beautiful

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

I quit xenoblade when they gave me a 4th character but the party could only fit 3. That is the worst poo poo ever and any game that does that can gently caress itself. Thanks for reading.

But that's how you rotate the healer out and have real fights.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I got deep in the mechonis before I realized what affinity even was and how to use all the perks it gave you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

We all went too far with mixing underwear, hipster glasses and cosmic drama in Xenoblade.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Riki is Team Dad #2 and is great at it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I've only heard Sawano on Kill la Kill, so i'm fresh on this style somewhat but i can feel the similarities already.

Giving it all a hearing and for me:
Tracks 1 and 2 are rad, 3 is kinda odd in its beats but cool sorta, 6 is okay epic music, 9 is still one of the big hooks the game had for me at the start, god I love that song, 12 is kill la kill's secret track, 13 is a genderbent version of that samurai dude's theme (though i'm digging it way more than the last track), 14 is ok, 2-1 is lol engrish but a bit coolish, 2-2 is Actually Good holy poo poo yeah, don't mind the engrish here it's cool stuff, 2-4 ...i like it, 2-5 is OK i'm cool with this background stuff, 2-5 is ok, 2-9 is fine music, 2-18 okayish, 3-1 awww yeah i love this track, 3-2 is Nice, 3-4 gently caress this is pretty groovy actually i dig, 3-5 is a fine song wait the bass and guitar bit is awesome, 3-8 is nice, 3-9, 3-11 and 3-12 are okay, feel like they'll work nicely with the scenes they'll be tied to, 3-14 maximum anime overdrive, not super bad or anything but kinda sticks out.

Overall i'm back on the music wagon for this game, lots of stuff I enjoy and some I don't mind at all to be playing while focusing on the gameplay. If battles are fast enough to mostly avoid the lyrics on the main battle theme then perfection.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I like the sound of warranty on my giant mech.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I love how goofy it looks when you and your party are running around in the un-transformed mechs. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Calaveron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Xc6in86rs
Looking back, the original Xenoblade trailer spoiled A TON of things. Like Zanza, Mayneth, Egil and the Machina, etcetera
I mean the first piece of music they play is the last boss's.

1:33 and Seven is shown in the party on the gem thingy menu. :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm honestly expecting a September release or maybe December, but with the direct coming up now i'm hopeful for an actual summer release.

quote:

Although you won’t have access to certain things if you don’t progress the story to some extent, you can explore the entirety of Mira right from the start.
The previous game(Xenoblade) set story objectives and gave you freedom to explore before arriving at them, but in this game there’s a much higher degree of freedom, like the developers were saying ‘you can do whatever you want, just do some story quests occasionally.’
Now I really hope it comes out in the summer. My girlfriend loves the monster designs and the locations, if it comes out while I'm visiting her we can just explore the world together :allears:

quote:

Rock faces and lakes are usually impassable boundaries in games, but if you try hard enough you can continue past them in this game. You can jump up some rocky platforms to scale cliffs, or stealthily swim[by sea] around tough enemies guarding the entrances to continents, which make finding paths through the world very fun.
The direct path isn’t the only path. If you try going down a path that made you think “maybe I can get there from here,” you’ll find that you will in fact be able to. This kind of accommodating map design is just what you’d expect from Nintendo and Monolith Soft.
This sounds like crazy fun. Trying to stealthily get into a place you're not supposed to be in yet by hoping a giant monster doesnt notice and one-shot you in a second as you sneak by.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 23, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Any second now

hope this narration voice isn't from the game

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 24, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh god that's even worse than dolls

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"If you played Xenoblade Chronicles you will recognize his feces"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait to stick any character design I don't like into that cool rear end iron man suit. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I like the how hopeful Theme Of Fighting Dinosaurs is.

• Locked thread