Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Can armor still be equipped on any party member like it was in Xenoblade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm sad that this game doesn't have the future sight thing from Xenoblade, that was a really cool mechanic.

I'm really gonna miss the visions. They were so helpful in keeping party members from getting KO'ed from some random strong attack.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

When you only have one full set of equipment, hard decisions have to be made

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

What they need to do is get the people that did the Splatoon localization.

Evil Alien Cyborg Leader. "The only thing dropping harder than your hipster colony is my sick beats." :smugdroid:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

I for one cannot wait to pet my sister

Xenoblade should also have petting

I wanna pet a nopon.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Just saw this video. It explains some stuff about the BLADE divisions. Apparently you get certain buffs depend on which group you are currently joined with. Also, when you have a quest to kill certain enemies, a marker shows above their head to remind you which one it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUK1b_ysTnI

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I wonder if this is just for Lin or every female character.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I like the random orange eye patch.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

sharrrk posted:

the new outfit is much better, this is a good change. thank you whoever is in charge of localization

I believe the people in charge of localization are 8-4. Notable localization jobs include Revengance, Drakengard 3, and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

a cartoon duck posted:

So one thing I'm curious about, are you forced to use the player-created character or can you kick him out of the party like Shulk?

I know you can control other characters besides the mc, but I don't know if you can put him/her in reserve. I would assume so though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Wanna watch somebody get really high while playing Xenoblade X?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpLzhGUUTw

They just put some other videos on the game you might want to check out. Apparently, Fiora's VA is one of the options for the MC's battle voice.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

katkillad2 posted:

Classic or gtfo

:yeah:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

I think it's kind of weird all around. Personally, I rarely make a custom character who looks anything like me. I'll make a character I think looks cool, or maybe who looks like a famous person, or a character from a story I like. Do most people make their custom character look as much like themselves as possible? :confused: I find that a little bit weird, but maybe I'm the weird one.

That's an interesting question. I never go out of my way to make the MC look like me. I just look through all the different options first and pick what looks good from there.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ometeotl posted:

Nope. I either make something I think looks interesting, a bizarre monster that would wish for death were it to actually live or Waluigi.

Ah, but no need for you to repeat yourself.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I said come in! posted:

This coming friday is two weeks to go until launch. Really cannot wait for this game. Been excited for it for a couple years now.

:yeah:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

All this talk about localization changes is fine and dandy, but what about all this foul language present. Quite unseemly if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4EYlSplcvg&t=421s

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Lastdancer posted:

I was skimming through the past 79 pages of the thread and oh boy does the discussion suddenly become timely again on pages 19-20.

Apparently, an early trailer compilation is blocked by Sony Music Entertainment, huh.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hey guys, remember January 13, 2013. It's been a while, huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The asscaves of Mira are truly a sight to behold.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

IIRC, they renamed it specifically to reference the other xeno- games.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dunban posted:

Here's a video showing all the arts of each class at least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF2YzesZiBo

e: woops, someone already posted this

What does it mean by base arts. Is that supposed to be as opposed to skell arts or what?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

5 more days. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Moon Monster posted:

Does this game have silly names for unique enemies like Magnanimous Gonzalez or Thundering Bartleby like Xenoblade did? I think that's the most important question.

I haven't seen a lot of the tyrant's names but now they seem to be structured as (name), the (adjective). Like I saw one that was Diogenes, the Covetous

• Locked thread