Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

King of Dragon Pass

Get it on the iOS store and read the SA thread in games. It's actually updated and easy to learn/play, and it even plays well on a generation or two old iPhone really well (back to the iPhone 3s or 4).

It's a great game and it certainly fits the 'cult' classic ideal.

Don't try to play the GOG version though. It's kinda clunky. Plus the iOS version has new content!

Edit: I want to say it is coming out or recently came out on Android too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

This poo poo was my jam. I remember getting it when I was very young. And even though I couldn't read, I'd get my dad to read all the text for me because I didn't want to miss anything. It took me years to beat this game, because of that loving graveyard level with the secret door that if you missed you'd go to the beginning of the dungeon. And then there was that piano puzzle that you had to have a basic understanding of music to get past. My parents actually had to work it out on pen and paper to figure it out. Then of course the note part. Oh man, this is definitely a cult hit for me, even if it's just me and you making up the fan base.

Startropics was my favorite Nintendo game back in the day actually. I would sit down and spread the map out and play.

About the point where you save the dolphin, I spilled water on my map, queue young me's mind getting blown by discovering the secret message.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Spaceman Future! posted:

We goin' cult? Civilization's superior but financially disappointing spinoff Alpha Centauri is still one of the best turn based strategies ever made, and still completely playable. There's no way the upcomming somewhat similarly themed Civ title is going to come close to the charm of AC. Great story flavor text and the CGI scenes fit perfectly with the dark undertones the story threw at you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqN3Ur-wP0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Reception

I don't think you understand 'cult' games.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Spaceman Future! posted:

You dont understand hyperlinks *or* cult status

The game was a bomb on the market and went on to be loved *later* and is still played. Its cult by every definition.

:negative: My shame in only partially reading it, and messing up the link.

I just remember me and all my friends had it.

• Locked thread