Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

...! posted:

From what I've heard, they actually had to change a few things because of a cease and desist order from the Twin Peaks rightsholders.

IIRC, back when the game was called Rainy Woods, instead of being Twin Peaks: Japan Flavored it was more like Actually Literally Twin Peaks: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbhwO7pRHA

I think it was a change for the better, because David Young Henning looks like a generic prettyboy protagonist unlike the delightfully weird and weird-looking Francis Your Morgan. Also aside from him and a few details like the sheriff's facial hair pretty much every scene they show is identical to the final game so it probably wasn't that big a change.

Also somebody dug around in the game's files on PC and a lot of the Rainy Woods assets are still in the code (there are even signs in town in the game that still say Rainy Woods instead of Greenvale). According to the filenames the old men from the Rainy Woods trailer are elderly versions of Isaach and Isaiah Ingram, so them being replaced by the child versions of the twins in the finale game isn't really much of a change.

I stand corrected. I could've sworn there was an even earlier trailer though that looked much more different/rougher.

• Locked thread