Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Cannot Find Server posted:

Star Control 2

I bought a 3DO for this game

This. A thousand times this.

I wasn't really of any sort of age to buy a 3DO when this was released (nor was my family ever wealthy enough to afford the machine). I was also too young when the game was first released to ever appreciate it, either (we also didn't have a PC at the time).

In some bygone era, PC Gamer Magazine actually had the entire Star Control 2 game on one of the free CDs that came with the magazine. At the time, my mom's boyfriend had managed to procure salvage some old PCs that had 75 mHz processors. I had to learn DOS in order to use the program properly, but it was quite simply the best game I had ever played at that time. I still would probably consider it the best game I've ever played, now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread