Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I always felt the Gothic games fit this. The first one got pretty good reviews even in North America but the second game got some undeservedly lovely reviews, particularly one by some loving idiot at Gamespy which amounted to "I can't play this game like Diablo and I keep dying this game sucks!!!!!!!! :qq:"

I kind of see where the lukewarm reviews are coming from though, as the games are fairly buggy and the third game was an absolute disaster when it was first released. The community patches all fix a fuckton of problems, but all three games have had pretty awful crashing and weird bugs that burya really quirky and challenging RPG series. The Nameless Hero being a dick to so many NPCs just never gets old. :allears:

The first game also had really awful controls for combat.

edit: gently caress, I remembered the next Risen game, Gothic's spiritual successor of sorts, is going to be out soon, might be time to make a Risen/Gothic megathread as I remember the last one was pretty popular for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread