Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012
I think there are a lot of games like this actually. Games that are little appreciated but with dedicated audiences (I'm a part of):

Ring of Red
Resonance of Fate
Dragon Force
X-wing vs Tie Fighter
Jedi Outcast
Panzer Dragoon Saga

For me these are the match of any game in their genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012
The scope for skill in the JK games was fantastic. I remember I played a 1v3 match against some RPers and won 89 to -3. They literally blew themselves up 3 more times than they killed me.

I dunno if it's appropriate for this thread but Ninja Gaiden is a mostly forgotten game now, with a really satisfying learning curve. Basically every beat em up ever made is a piece of poo poo compared to Ninja Gaiden.

• Locked thread