Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluo
May 25, 2007

Belgium destroyed Russia with a massive score of 1 - 0. Cantillon's Vigneronne goes through!

Also I swear I posted the Algeria / South korea one. :( Well Algeria won 4 - 2. Some Strong Coffee goes thought.

Algeria is a Muslim country so not big on beer. I've already posted Tango so that's about it. So I guess have a strong African coffee.

Coffee (Brewed by you) 0%.

South Korea

Craftworks Geumgang Mountain Dark Ale (Brewed by Craftworks Taphouse & Bistro) 4.6%

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Take a walk on the dark side! Our Geumgang Dark Ale celebrates the forbidden mystique of North Korea’s Geumgangsan, the only mountain in the North you’d ever want to visit! A malty, dark ale with a nutty taste, this brew is not for the timid. Bold, brash, and a little dangerous, our dark ale is so good, you’ll be ordering it by the Dear Liter!

Pours dark brown with a medium tan head. Aroma is nutty with tart cherry and cranberry notes. Flavor is toast, light roast and a mellow tartness.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

:siren: USA vs Portugal :siren:

USA
USMNT is kind of a dumb name, just call yourself US team or whatever. Anyway I've already done the easy to get and cheapish beer card, so now it's the Craft Brew card.
A smell list here but nothing super special for such a big game. I was going to opt for Russian River Pliny the Younger or Pliny the Elder , however we already did a pale ale so thought I'd go for something more dark, more malty. And in my opinion is a great Imperial Stout (:sigh: I hope normal strength stouts start become popular but from my understanding it's one of the big cultural differences between UK and US. UK pubs are social get togethers catch up on the week as you drink beer for 3 hours or so round a table. American friends say its not really like that in US. :(). I'm going for AleSmith Speedway Stout, I've had better from a couple of British and American breweries however this is right up there and is pretty great. Also sold alot in Europe in the beer shops [I don't think it will ever sell in Supermarkets though haha].

Alesmith Speedway Stout (Brewed by AleSmith Brewing Company)

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Bottle conditioned.
Speedway Stout is a HUGE Imperial Stout, with pounds and pounds of coffee added during conditioning for a little extra kick! This is a limited-edition Formula and it'll definitely get you racing! It is available in 750 ml. champagne bottles. Appearance: Jet Black, with a toast-brown head. Flavor: Starts with a strong coffee and dark chocolate sensation, then fades to a multitude of toasty, roasty and caramelly flavors. Finishes with a nice fullness but dry enough not to be cloying. Aroma: COFFEE! And some other stuff. And coffee. Mouthfeel (body/texture): Velvety smooth texture. Clean and crisp, full-bodied. Warmth from the high alcohol content lightens up the feel a bit. Still, you won't fool your taste buds -- this beer is HUGE!

A dark beer with good copper creamy head. Nose is intense on dark chocolate, coffee and peated notes. Aroma is rich on dark chocolate, very creamy and smooth, less sweet as the chocolate notes can be properly tasted, extremely drinkable, coffee notes, licorice notes at the finish. On aftertaste it gives a long bitter dark chocolate notes, technically an excellent brew.

Portugal

Imperial Cerveja Viva (Brewed by Sociedade Central de Cervejas) 4.5%.

Some bars don't even have god drat beer glasses in Portugal
Portugal is a hot country and mainly a wine and spirits country, in their weather they tend to either drink wine is freezing cold adjunct lagers. So heres another!

Description, you know that bud you're drinking? Think of that but a tad flatter and slightly more sweet.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Fluo posted:

No I got a Samsung Galaxy 5 but it'd be shakey cam trying to open the bottle with one hand and such cause you can't really hold it up right with no hands.

That is a poverty phone

Oh I have tried that speedway stout and it is terrible. Like drinking asphalt. They sell it at Trader Joes.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

vaginal culture posted:

That is a poverty phone

Oh I have tried that speedway stout and it is terrible. Like drinking asphalt. They sell it at Trader Joes.

*In Vaginal Culture's voice* You mean I don't have to drink Simple Times anymore?!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That owns, where is that?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

spankmeister posted:

That owns, where is that?

I don't know, a friend linked me it saying that I'd find it funny lol. :D

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Backdated by about 3 or 4 days. Once I bottled my Brett Rye Saison today I'll get up to date.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

i'm anticipating a massive post full of information

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

speedway stout is a pretty nice beer i liked the vietnamese coffee blend they did with it.

the fosters radler ratebeer page is amazing btw

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/fosters-radler/204589/

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Rotating between Sierra Nevada Rye IPA, Brooklyn Brown Ale, and Yuengling Lager. USA!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Rotating between Sierra Nevada Rye IPA, Brooklyn Brown Ale, and Yuengling Lager. USA!

Good beers and a good game!

Enjoy the evening Nattybo, have one on me!

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Started off with a Trappistes Rochefort 10. Downgrading Belgium to Blue Moons after that first half.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
9 am was too early to drink

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Fluo posted:

Good beers and a good game!

Enjoy the evening Nattybo, have one on me!

I am daydrinking and getting drunkish and parmos tonight is gonna be hilarious or awesome or both man

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

For Hollands next game I will be drinking:

Or maybe the Bourbon barrel aged (Buffalo Trace). I haven't decided.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I drank a gluten free beer yesterday(surprisingly not terrible) and then followed it up with an unfiltered wheat beer and then did a chuckle.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Wheres the video review Fluo!!!

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

some mikkeller

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

spankmeister posted:

For Hollands next game I will be drinking:

Or maybe the Bourbon barrel aged (Buffalo Trace). I haven't decided.

Decided to keep the bourbon one for when the USMNT plays Belgium.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Hegay posted:

some mikkeller

but the Danes aren't in the tournament...?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

funkybottoms posted:

but the Danes aren't in the tournament...?

so

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

so you obviously don't care about the theme. fair enough.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Had a glass of Alpine Hoppy Birthday at lunch and I'm having a 375 of 3F Gueuze while I'm writing this motion doing more important work to celebrate the match.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Big apologies, the SA forum being down for four days or so really thrown me off and I had some IRL matters to take care of. So I'm playing catch up, so I will post the beers that I had written down on paper and just post the winning beers for the last group stage bit and up to knock out cause gently caress me theres alot after a week.

Cameroon vs Brazil, 4 - 1 to Brazil Eisenbahn Weizenbock Goes through.

Australia vs Spain, 3 - 0 to Spain Undead Imperial IPA goes through.

Little Creatures Puffing Billy was the beer for you Aussies.

Netherlands vs Chile, 2 - 0 to Netherlands, La Trappe Quadrupel goes through.

Greece vs Ivory Coast, 2 - 1 to Greece, Septem Pale Ale goes through.

Japan vs Colombia, 1 - 4 to Colombia, Costena beer goes through.

Costa Rica vs England, 0 - 0, tie. (England was The Kernel Export Stout London 1890.

Italy vs Uruguay, 0 - 1 to Uruguay, Davok English Pale Ale goes through.

I'll work on playing catch up with the rest but its easier to do chucks at a time. Will do todays matches now.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 5, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Argentina vs Belgium

Argentina
For gently caress sake Argentina get some more range in beers. Cerveza Quilmes and a couple of bog standard beers are all you seem to have.

Red Lager (Brewed by Cerveza Quilmes) 4.7% abv.

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Cerveza roja; Delicado color cobrizo y sabor cremoso. Un refinado color cobrizo y un sutil sabor cremoso hacen de Quilmes Red Lager una variedad de cerveza diferente, ideal para disfrutar de esos momentos especiales. Ing. Agua, malta, cereales, lupulo, antioxidante 224

It tastes like every other mass produced later with its on little twist like all the mass produced lager companies do. Using a small amount of darker malt they upped the colour to around 15 SRM. It tastes like a lager with a slight sweeter malt taste.

Belgium

Oude Gueuze Tilquin à l’Ancienne (Brewed by Gueuzerie Tilquin) 6.4%

(I got some bottles as I had to use the drags for a Lambic I'm fermenting)

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Attention: from the brewer: The bottle version is called "Oude Gueuze Tilquin à l’ancienne" and is 6.4% alc/vol (it is either in 375ml or 750ml), and the draught version is called "Gueuze Tilquin on draft" and is 4.8% alc/vol.

Its full bodied, creamy really complex sourness. Aroma is funky sour almost skittles like, with loads of pepperyness & subtle tones of pineapple (I put that down to the brett maybe). Theres secondary tastes of wood, what's great about this beer is its funky and sour but not single minded and not the vinegar type of sourness. Tart, fruity, almost like-cider aftertaste.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 5, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Netherlands vs Costa Rica

Netherlands

Hel & Verdoemenis (Brewed by Brouwerij De Molen) 10.2% abv.

Hel en Verdoemenis (Hell and Damnation) (10% ABV) is a Russian Imperial Stout by De Molen. De Molen means “the mill”, named after the location of the brewery: in the windmill of Bodegraven, a small town in the Dutch Polderlandscape, also famous for its production of Gouda type cheese. Menno Olivier used old malts like brownmalts. It gives the beer a roasted flavour, and notes of chocolate and and coffee, with a dry finish. Overt the years De Molen experimented a lot with this beer, resulting in a Wild Turkey oak aged version and a batch number 666 with wood chips dripped in 40 years old cognac.
A+++.

Costa Rica

Costa Rica’s Scottish Ale (Brewed by Costa Rica’s Craft Brewing Co.) 6.2%.

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
A Deep Copper Colored Ale With a Sweet, Malty Flavor. The Aroma Of This Full Bodied Ale Is Slightly Floral And Fruity With Distinct Caramel Notes. The Malt Sweetness Of This Robust Beer Perfectly Balances The Warmth Of The 6.3% Alcohol By Volume And If All Of This Wasn’t Enough To Leave You Asking For More... A Slightly Smokey, Caramel Finish Leaves You Ready For Another Sip Of This Bold, Brave Hearted Scottish Ale.

This is most likely the hardest one to find as Costa Rica's Craft Brewing Co hardly brews it. However I put it on my list because it's a love it or hate it beer. Being a Scottish ale is sweeter then any of the English styles which some people dislike. Aswell as the smokeyness. Peat smoke is a love it or hate it deal (I love it personally). All round it's a nice little dark Scottish ale but really true to what Scottish ales are and more so taking the American Scottish Ales route but its nice. It's nothing out of this world though.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Argentina 1 - Belgium 0 Red Lager is going through.

Netherlands 0 - Costa Rica 0 (5 - 4 to netherlands on Penalties) Hel & Verdoemenis is going through.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lol

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Can you? I'm running out of German breweries / styles to drink.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Fluo posted:

Can you? I'm running out of German breweries / styles to drink.

Bayerischer Bahnhof Original Leipziger Gose

i drank some Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold while cackling at Brazilian ineptitude and tears

Fluo
May 25, 2007

funkybottoms posted:

Bayerischer Bahnhof Original Leipziger Gose

i drank some Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold while cackling at Brazilian ineptitude and tears

I love Gose! I will hunt down Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof though for the final. Never had anything from them before, cheers!

Edit: I drank some homebrewed Rauch style ale with crisp clean yeast ferment, and was switching back and forth between that and same beer but fermented with Hefeweizen yeast (bananas!). :)

Fluo fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 9, 2014

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Make some really clean beer according to the Reinheitsgebot© with strict control over the ingredients using only water, malt, hops and yeast.

Then proceed to ruin it by mixing in cola,
orange, red bull or another kind of soda.

Congrats you're now full German.

e: seriously Germany WTF why is this garbage so popular?

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jul 9, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

spankmeister posted:

Don't diss a good Radler. Nothing more refreshing on a hot day. Krefelder is good, too.

quote:

This poo poo is unacceptable, though, and I agree with your WTF.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

spankmeister posted:

women really dig that poo poo here

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I have never ever seen anybody buy or consume that sort of piss.
This is the kind of poo poo that the US and UK have brought onto us with with winning the wars and their hatred of beer and trying to make it taste less like beer and more like loving Coca Cola.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Diesel/Colabier is pretty popular in the east for some reason. I guess it was only a matter of time 'til someone started making radler with spezi.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that the US and UK have brought onto us with with winning the wars and their hatred of beer and trying to make it taste less like beer and more like loving Coca Cola.

My mom has been buying this stuff because she doesn't like beer but she feels like she should be drinking beer when we watch the world cup and yeah ugh.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

spankmeister posted:

Make some really clean beer according to the Reinheitsgebot© with strict control over the ingredients using only water, malt, hops and yeast.

Congrats you're now full German.

I'll have the blue one, thanks

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

ephex posted:

Tbh I think Goaß or Radler were not invented by the Americans and on a really hot day such a thing can be pretty nice actually.

Unless it's Bananenweizen, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Honj Steak posted:

Tbh I think Goaß or Radler were not invented by the Americans and on a really hot day such a thing can be pretty nice actually.

Unless it's Bananenweizen, of course.

Lawnmower drinks pretty much, after mowing the lawn on a really hot day and you go to sit down to enjoy the sun after garden work you want something cold, refreshing and crisp which isn't too alcoholic. :)

• Locked thread