Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
I think I will have a few sneaky schneider aventinus weizen eisbocks this weekend and most likely forget even watching the later games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I, like my Parmos FC teammate Fluoes, am a Real Man and also a Beer Sperg and therefore brew my own beer sometimes. I brewed this Blonde Ale for the WC. It's p. good and I intend to get drunk and watch the football on it this weekend.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

hmmmm just look at that

might get some of those for the football (soccer) tonight

By amazing coincidence I bought many bottles of this like an hour ago.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
My World Cup Beer Report Day #1

I got real drunk on Erdinger and watched the football and it was great

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

ephex posted:

Becks is a nice beer.
I mean, not as nice as literally every single other beer from Germany, but still leagues above the piss the English or the Yanks are calling beer.

nice trolling.

Beck's is pretty terrible, at least by the time it hits the States, but i drink the hell out of Weihenstephaner lager, Prof Fritz Briem 1809 Beriner Weisse, and Leipziger Gose. sitting next to the Rhein on a spring day with a fresh Kolsch is hard to beat, but that's not something i'll get to do again anytime soon.

vaginal culture posted:

Negra Modelo is a fuckin sick beer

i wouldn't pick it over an actual German lager, but it's a decent beer that's miles beyond any bullshit light/American adjunct lager like Corona, Dos Equis, etc

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I only drink the finest grass fed beer, give me a Fosters I'll throw it in your face

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

My choice for beer during this world cup is

it is imo epic and ftw

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm more of a wine man myself.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
The best Mexican beers are Modelo Especial and Indio.

Fun fact Modelo was originally brewed by Austrian immigrants.

I had a dry World Cup day yesterday and it made me so sad I will make up for it today. In Spades.

I will obviously post my beer selection in this thread for everyone.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
Drink Bohemia or Bohemia Obscura the best mexican beers

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
Dolden Sud is some good poo poo, but I'll probably spend my world cup drinking Reissdorf Kölsch :smith:

What beer are you doing for Chile? I would suggest Kunstmann:

Kunstmann Bock - 5.3%, a dark brown brew, elaborated with a mix of toasted, caramel and blond malts and hops.

Total Confusion fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 14, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Mexico vs Cameroon
Lawnmower lager vs Lawnmower lager

Welcome Mexico's classic best seller, Corona Extra.

This is full on lawnmower beer, drink ice cold because otherwise it tastes like sweetcorn and lemon in a bad way. Ice cold, hot weather. Bing bang bosh!
Also it's the only beer I know that improves with a lime, take it how you will. 4.6% ABV.

Now Cameroon stepping the up with the lawnmower beer, their most sold native beer (Brasseries du Cameroun controls about 70%) in Cameroon. Castel Beer!

Pale golden colour, white head. Aroma of malts, hay and straw. Sweet malty flavour aftertaste with corn. Finish corn, light hops, quite sweet. Did I say Corn?
Drink ice cold like the Coronita, unless you're a member of Big Corn. 5.2% ABV.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 13, 2014

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Bohemia is my fave Mexibeer

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Mexico 1, Cameroon 0. So Corona Extra is going through!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Spain vs Netherlands

This is a special game so calls for something special and yes you can get it around the place local beer shops tend to sell it too.

Spain having the handicap of being more a wine country then a beer country it takes something special to not go for the big hitters like Sam Migual & Estrella Damm.
So here is Nomada Royal Porter (also called Nómada Royal Porter A La Taza on nonexport labels), which yes you can get around places and don't have to go to Spain its self.

Imperial porting coming in at 10.5%ABV. Appearance: Pours a coffee brown color with a rather modest head that leaves quite a lot of squiggly lacing behind. Smell: Chocolate and coffee tones galore, with a bit of acrid roastiness. Taste: Sweet chocolate with a lactose heavy aspect, up front; by mid-palate, roasty coffee tones build, along with a dark fruit, prune character; caramel arrives on the tail end to add additional sweetness. Mouthfeel: Medium body with effervescent carbonation; has a Belgian stout mouthfeel

Netherlands coming in top game with their De Molen Heen & Weer (Back & Forth), an abbey tripel storming up at 9.2%.

Light carbonation. A rich golden orange colour beer with pure . Nose: Orange peel and caramel, spicy yeast and a hint of wet coriander, a touch of malt underneath but very little alcohol. Taste: Starts with lots of lovely champagne foam in the mouth then smoothly goes to the orange, fruit, spice, midtaste caramel aftertaste cherry and slightly sour. A very nice, strange, tripel beer it's like a tripel, a saison and a witbier made love.

These are two big guns, to be honest I think I like De Molen Heen & Weer more. So I guess I got to support Netherlands today!

Fluo fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 13, 2014

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I'm more of a wine man myself.

Teobar, Leziria, Monte Velho, Pegoes and Montes Claros are pretty great for a cheap wine-drinking.

Moscatel is where it's at though.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Stinky Pit posted:

Please don't do Corona for Mexico

I'll loving never forgive you Fluo NEVER

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Heen & Weer is a fantastic beer that I love a lot. I can't wait to see what you go with for the Belgium match OP!

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Picked up some Grafenwalder German pilsener from lidls and I'm going to drink it as I cheer for Holland.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Stinky Pit posted:

I'll loving never forgive you Fluo NEVER

Don't worry each country gets atleast one craft and one big megabucks one. Australia is getting Fosters etc.

mynameisjohn posted:

Heen & Weer is a fantastic beer that I love a lot. I can't wait to see what you go with for the Belgium match OP!

Belgium I'm already working on because it's the hardest, more choice more brainhurts. Also because I've got to pick them all to not be too expensive. Wish me luck!

Fluo fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 13, 2014

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

I'll already be happy if you don't go for the easy Jupiler-Stella-Maes trio

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I drank a crate of warm (outside temperature ~27 C) Corona at a music festival. Never again, lol

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Chile vs Australia
Both hot countries, both need some cool ice drinks that you can get anywhere in the world at any cornershop for pennies, well lets take a look!
What do you first think when you think of Australian beer?

FOSTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCdMfP-gQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKiFoEwPQNU

Tasting notes? You having a laugh. Well if room temp tastes like kangroo piss and vomit, if ice cold it's an easy drinking lawnmower lager with not much taste but doesnt have that chemical aftertaste like Stella.

Chilean beer now!

Well Chile is a complete bastard because most their big breweries produce non Chilean beer brands eg Stella, Becks, Heineken etc. But then I remembered that beer I had one time when I was visited Wales

Kunstmann (don't get the s and t mixed up) Kunstmann Torobayo Pale Ale!!

Think of a cross between a floral, earthy, spicy English Pale Ale using Fuggles and EastKent Goldings and a mass produced lager.... yeah well Because you pretty much need to drink this ice cold the hops wont really fully be there but when warm it tastes like cooked vegetables*. But when ice cold it does taste like an okish lager on par with fosters.

*Encourage a fast, vigorous fermentation (use a healthy, active starter to reduce lag time; this is often due to bacterial contamination of wort before yeast becomes established). Check sanitation. Check for aged, stale, or old ingredients (especially old liquid malt extract). Avoid oversparging at low temperatures and you won't have this taste when brewing beer.

belgend posted:

I'll already be happy if you don't go for the easy Jupiler-Stella-Maes trio

I think I may have to put a Stella in for the Football Fans At The Footie Pub. But who knows and no I won't be doing the trio, 50/50 about Stella tbh. But with Australia you just have to go with Fosters first cause Australians really don't like it cause they tend to not drink it, tend to go for VC etc. :D

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 14, 2014

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fluo posted:

Welcome Mexico's classic best seller, Corona Extra.

I just drink Tecate when I want cheap Mexican beer. It's better than Corona, and half the cost.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

SeaTard posted:

I just drink Tecate when I want cheap Mexican beer. It's better than Corona, and half the cost.

I'll have to put this in the OP: During the group stages each country will have 1 beer which is mass produced and easy to get for most people around the world (Tecate isn't easy to get over here), 1 will be something special like a craft brew and the 3rd is a wild card. And it won't be in any order. :)

How is Tecate anyway? Its one of the mexican lagers I haven't tried.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's not very good, honestly the only Mexican lager I've ever really liked was Bohemia.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

So what's everyone drinking for this game? I'm drinking both the ones I posted, plus some of my homebrewed Belgium Red. :)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The best american beer is unironically simple times lager, from trader joes, for like $3.50 for a 6 pack

Fluo
May 25, 2007

America is going to be abit tougher for me, as alot of the hop nukes and such they produce gets to Europe tend to be alot less hoppy (and vice versa with England). I got a lot of ideas for each of the One thats easy, one thats craft, one thats wild card. With the American and English ones I'll try and have each a different style too. Three IPAs is boring as gently caress so I think I'll be pulling some nice beers up for you guys. :)

Fluo fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 13, 2014

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fluo posted:

How is Tecate anyway? Its one of the mexican lagers I haven't tried.

It's cheap and kind of lovely. Just less lovely than Corona.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

just some fairly cold Sierra Nevada Pale

Good fairly unassuming beer thats complex enough to savor, yet boring enough to drink a lot of

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Do Boulevard Wheat for America. Best American beer, hands down. I don't know how widespread it is though.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Its not the best british beer but its a good british beer and its the most british beer:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Nostradingus posted:

Do Boulevard Wheat for America. Best American beer, hands down. I don't know how widespread it is though.
I think it's a good beer, but how often do you really want wheat beer?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

5 - 1 to Netherlands, De Molen Heen & Weer (Back & Forth) has gone through!

Carrier posted:

Its not the best british beer but its a good british beer and its the most british beer:

Clear bottle gets a minus -5points!! Also Scotland and Wales aren't in the world cup! English!! Not Britain!! :devil:

To be honest if you're going for names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekQPu8_-K8

but we'll have to wait and see for tomorrow, I might be going for!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Fluo posted:

5 - 1 to Netherlands, De Molen Heen & Weer (Back & Forth) has gone through!

Clear bottle gets a minus -5points!! Also Scotland and Wales aren't in the world cup! English!! Not Britain!! :devil:

To be honest if you're going for names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ekQPu8_-K8

but we'll have to wait and see for tomorrow, I might be going for!

SPITFIRES WON THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN ARE YOU A NAZI FLUO????

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Carrier posted:

SPITFIRES WON THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN ARE YOU A NAZI FLUO????

It's England! There is no Britain football team in the world cup!

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Fluo posted:

Don't worry each country gets atleast one craft and one big megabucks one. Australia is getting Fosters etc.

Belgium I'm already working on because it's the hardest, more choice more brainhurts. Also because I've got to pick them all to not be too expensive. Wish me luck!

bruges zot or go home, friend

Fluo
May 25, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

bruges zot or go home, friend

A Belgian friend of mine sent me bruges zot in the post. It owned and he owns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

vacuum your carpet and charge your phone ffs

• Locked thread