Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Fluo posted:

A Belgian friend of mine sent me bruges zot in the post. It owned and he owns!

it does own, i went to the brewery a couple of years ago and had fuckin loads and then had to buy a case or three and that cost a poo poo load of money but idc its my fave bere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Gotta choose a lambic for Belgium. I could happily spend the rest of my life drinking Kriek if I had the opportunity.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
why is jupiler in there twice, it's by far the worst beer

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I like beer.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Starting with 3F Gueuze and second half, I'l switch to Fou' Foune. No idea where to get Algerian beer though.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Furious Lobster posted:

Starting with 3F Gueuze and second half, I'l switch to Fou' Foune. No idea where to get Algerian beer though.

Algerian beer is terrible and a nightmare to a hold of. The only one that I've ever seen outside of Algerian is Tango Bière Blonde. Most popular beers in Algeria is Stella, Becks, Tango, Heineken, Fischer Desperados. 4 out of the 5 are non-Algerian. :negative:

biglads posted:

Gotta choose a lambic for Belgium. I could happily spend the rest of my life drinking Kriek if I had the opportunity.

Don't worry there will be. :)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I am drinking a domestic lager and loving it. Yuengling. It owns (not really but it's less than a dollar a beer you can't beat that)

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NattyBo posted:

I am drinking a domestic lager and loving it. Yuengling. It owns (not really but it's less than a dollar a beer you can't beat that)

Awesome! :D I'm drinking atm one of my homebrews! 100% smoked rauchbier style 70% beech malt 30% oak wheat!

*Photo from another time, I'm awful with taking photos so this was my mate trying it.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

It also looks like Fosters is going to get knocked out!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Since Australia is a fail bastardization of a country i decided to have a beer float this match. It was mighty tasty, just like Valdivia's goal

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

mynameisjohn posted:

Since Australia is a fail bastardization of a country i decided to have a beer float this match. It was mighty tasty, just like Valdivia's goal

:barf:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

A set up for tomorrow.

Colombia vs Greece

Colombia is a country known more so for its cocaine Aguardiente and Coffee. So have this English style Porter from Colombia. Chapinero Porter (Bogota Beer Company) 5%.

Appearance: Deep reddish-brown color, nice light tan creamy head that dissipates within the first few minutes, though this could be chalked up to 8,600 feet. Smell: Deeply roasted, hint of coffee, slightly musty aroma too. Taste: Medium bodied, deep toasted chocolate malts, biscuity taste though not a heavy porter by any means. Mouthfeel: Crisp, a bit harsh roasted note on the end. Overall: Very enjoyable English-style porter with a heavy roasted profile.

Greece's turn now.

Fix Beer has been served in Greece since 1864, having acquired thousands of fans. The brewery that produces Fix also produces the organic B29 beer worthy of your attention. A famous Greek beer, reintroduced by the Hellenic Breweries of Atalanti in the 2000s after 16 years.Production moved to the Hellenic Microbreweries/Olympic Brwery in 2009.
Fix Hellas (Olympic Brewery) 5%.

Appearance: Clear and gold. Light however, nearing yellow. White head retains at a small pad. Smell: Dull toast. A little metallic aroma. Hops are earthy, but there is this slight fruity layer to it. Almost has a Belgian yeast aroma, but not quite. Taste: Mild malt, but fairly forward in the beer. Hops not so detectable, a little earthy. Mouthfeel: Clean and wet. Slight bitterness lingers. Overall: The aroma is different than most. I think this is a better choice than the more popular Mythos.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 13, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Just going to do tomorrows since it's saturday.

England vs Italy
The game where it's coming home after the other games.

England

Fermenting

Rubus Maximus (Wild Beer / Beavertown) 5.8%.
9 Grains used: barley, wheat, oats, corn, rice, rye, buckwheat, quinoa & spelt. A ton in weight of raspberries. Long Pepper, a beautiful floral pepper seasons the beer wonderfully to compliment the huge raspberry fruitiness and to help the fermentation and tart flavours along we have added an oak barrel full of our spontaneously fermented sour beer. Pours cloudy deep red with a small pink head. Aroma is berry fruity. Tastes fruity, raw. Mild citric, dry and authentic rich berry fruity with a dry peppery tart aftertaste with the fruit just lingering underneath. Light citric and dry fruity finish.

Italy

Bsa La Rossa Del Gallo (Birrificio Sant'Andrea) 6.9%.

A pure english race Bitter Ale with a strong balance between the soft taste of the malts and the bitterness of the hops. A Beer with an unmistakable flavour. The perfect partner for every tempting dish of white meats, roastes or shellfishes. Taste it at the Fight Club while the Rolling Stones meet the Ramones and suddenly arrives Bob Marley. High fermentation amber Beer. 14.5° Plato; IBU 40; 6.9°. Can Italy beat England at their own Drink?

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 14, 2014

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

italy is randomly making really good beer these days and im a huge fan of that development

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
are you fuckin kidding me with that raspberry beer for our three lions?!! FLUO the power has gone to your head man you've LOST IT

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

are you fuckin kidding me with that raspberry beer for our three lions?!! FLUO the power has gone to your head man you've LOST IT
Its the raheem sterling of beers

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
America's beer should be Dogfish head 60 Minute IPA because it is the perfect beer and because it is from Delaware, the first and best state.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Uruguay vs Costa Rica

Uruguay

Mastra Negra (Cervecería Artesanal Mastra) 6.2%.

Dark brown colour, good creamy brownish head. Toffee, diacetylic and lactic aroma. Medium-bodied. Creamy texture. A bit watery palate for this abv. Flavor is clean, toasted with light lactic notes and caramel.

Costa Rica

For the first beer to try and avoid the obvious Imperial beer for the first game, I decided it should be Costa Rica’s Segua Red Ale (Costa Rica’s Craft Brewing Co.) 5%.

Clear amber, small head. Bready nose with roses and grapefruit. Mid dry with light-medium body and clean, rounded mouthfeel. Crystal malt and toast, slight citrus hops. Mid bittet finish. Nicely balanced and very drinkable.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What in the gently caress

Also: I take it for Italy's main one you're doing Birra Moretti or Peroni?

Soulex fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 14, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

That's my wild card out the way, I'm saving the traditional English one for the last group match!! Also Wild Card for the Wild Beer Brewery Collab I think is a nice touch! :D

blue footed boobie posted:

America's beer should be Dogfish head 60 Minute IPA because it is the perfect beer and because it is from Delaware, the first and best state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v9-BWReQ6w

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Fluo posted:

That's my wild card out the way, I'm saving the traditional English one for the last group match!! Also Wild Card for the Wild Beer Brewery Collab I think is a nice touch! :D

im sure its a delicious beverage my friend fluo but it isnt fitting for a wc game! ill leasve it alone though you know your bere better than i

Fluo
May 25, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

im sure its a delicious beverage my friend fluo but it isnt fitting for a wc game! ill leasve it alone though you know your bere better than i

It was the wild card beer, and being the wild card its a wild card. I feel the fresh fruit in it which gives it that very fresh tart taste is our England team at the moment because of the squad being new. The wild yeast used is Lampard because he is the old guy in a new players team, that sourness is the chance we might not win against Italy and the Pepper dry spice is the curries we shall be eating when watching the game.

I feel it is a new image of English beers like our England team is full of new young players. The other two aren't wild cards, one or both will end up being traditional but one will be a craft beer of that traditional style. :) Don't worry I'm keeping a tally of which of the three (1 Easy (or easiest if its from somewhere like Algeria) and cheap to get (aka if it was England it could be Carlin or Old Speckled Hen, Bass Ale, Bombardier, Fuller's London Pride, Newcastle brown etc), 1 craft, 1 wild card)

Fluo fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 14, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

3 - 1 to Chile, Kunstmann Torobayo Pale Ale is going through!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NattyBo posted:

I, like my Parmos FC teammate Fluoes, am a Real Man and also a Beer Sperg and therefore brew my own beer sometimes. I brewed this Blonde Ale for the WC. It's p. good and I intend to get drunk and watch the football on it this weekend.

This owns by the way, everyone should brew their own beer.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fluo posted:

It was the wild card beer, and being the wild card its a wild card. I feel the fresh fruit in it which gives it that very fresh tart taste is our England team at the moment because of the squad being new. The wild yeast used is Lampard because he is the old guy in a new players team, that sourness is the chance we might not win against Italy and the Pepper dry spice is the curries we shall be eating when watching the game.

I feel it is a new image of English beers like our England team is full of new young players.

:niggly: I love this, please keep doing this.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

SPITFIRE

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

the beer float was hosed UP and disgusting, but yet, better than I had predicted.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Fluo posted:

Chile vs Australia
Both hot countries, both need some cool ice drinks that you can get anywhere in the world at any cornershop for pennies, well lets take a look!
What do you first think when you think of Australian beer?

FOSTERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kCdMfP-gQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKiFoEwPQNU

Tasting notes? You having a laugh. Well if room temp tastes like kangroo piss and vomit, if ice cold it's an easy drinking lawnmower lager with not much taste but doesnt have that chemical aftertaste like Stella.

I think I may have to put a Stella in for the Football Fans At The Footie Pub. But who knows and no I won't be doing the trio, 50/50 about Stella tbh. But with Australia you just have to go with Fosters first cause Australians really don't like it cause they tend to not drink it, tend to go for VC etc. :D

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

I've literally never actually seen Foster's for sale op

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Fluo posted:

Costa Rica

For the first beer to try and avoid the obvious Imperial beer for the first game, I decided it should be Costa Rica’s Segua Red Ale (Costa Rica’s Craft Brewing Co.) 5%.

Clear amber, small head. Bready nose with roses and grapefruit. Mid dry with light-medium body and clean, rounded mouthfeel. Crystal malt and toast, slight citrus hops. Mid bittet finish. Nicely balanced and very drinkable.

I'm impressed about your very correct choice. Segua owns.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

I've literally never actually seen Foster's for sale op

1 is cheap and easy to get hold of (in most the world), 1 is a craft beer, 1 is a wild card. The next Aussie one will be something from Mountain Goat Beer or Bootleg Brewery etc. :)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I can't even buy the goddamn beer Fluo and I live here!!!!! THIS WILL NOT STAND

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLdtG7KZvw

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Bogan Krkic posted:

Just pretend Victoria Bitter was posted for you! They're pretty much the same etc.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I hope Greece / Fix Hellas lose because I've just discovered it's Sepp Blatter favourite beers! :suicide:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Cool Beer 69

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ephex posted:

Cool Beer 69

rename fluo this

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

vaginal culture posted:

rename fluo this

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Australian beer should be boags premium

Boags is a good beer along with Coopers, Little Creatures and Four Pines.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I honestly don't like Boags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Bogan Krkic posted: