Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Furious Lobster posted:

Fairly poor kristallweizen, better off going with the Weihenstephaner Kristall for a same if not better price.

ill just get fosters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pissflaps posted:

ill just get fosters

take a hint from your name and just piss in a cup - it'll be cheaper and may taste better.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Pissflaps posted:

ill just get fosters

Will you be getting a Foster's radler or just a normal Foster's

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bogan Krkic posted:

Will you be getting a Foster's radler or just a normal Foster's

if you mix fosters with lemonade you can make your own radler

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Pissflaps posted:

if you mix fosters with lemonade you can make your own radler

Will you be doing this or will you buy a pre-made radler

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bogan Krkic posted:

Will you be doing this or will you buy a pre-made radler

ive already got lemonade lets just start with teh fosters and see what happens mate

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Pissflaps posted:

ive already got lemonade lets just start with teh fosters and see what happens mate

What lemonade do you have?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bogan Krkic posted:

Take it to the lemonade thread.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

the sourest one

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I would find it very hard to make a Foster's radler

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I am fairly intrigued about the beer choice of tonights BBQ host.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Take it to the lemonade thread.

Whites is great!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Bogan Krkic posted:

I would find it very hard to make a Foster's radler

you need a cloudy lemonade

ive got a few radlers kicking about in my booze cupboard

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Taff posted:

you need a cloudy lemonade

ive got a few radlers kicking about in my booze cupboard

sounds real classy lol

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
United States of America
Miller Fortune

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm drinking a Troegs Dreamweaver which is an unfiltered wheat beer and fairly tasty. IMO a good summer beer.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Argentina 1 - 0 Iran. Antares Imperial Stout is going through! Germany 2 - 2 Ghana neither going through.

Nigeria vs Bos-Herce. 1 - 0 to Nigeria so Star Lager is going through. (It's a terrible terrible beer but Nigeria don't have many beers).

Star Lager (Brewed by Nigerian Breweries PLC (Heineken)) 5.1%.

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Cold filtered STAR LAGER BEER is brewed using the finest ingredients and techniques to ensure a smooth tasting, bright and clear beer with the ever rich foam head.
That is why STAR has remained Nigeria’s number one Lager beer.

Poured a gassy golden with a frothy white head. Aroma of sweet grain and malt. Medium body, flavour much as the aroma.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ok so playing catch up with the two others I missed Friday and then I will have caught up. To make sure I don't fall back again I'll make sure to post all 3 of the matches today and try and get tomorrows in. After I done these two.

Switzerland vs France. 5 - 2 to France.

So I've used the craftbeer card for France already. So Cheap and Easy, Mass Produced Piss etc etc.

Kronenbourg, 1664 Blanc (Brewed by Brasseries Kronenbourg, Style Witbier) 5%.

Appearance: Opaque straw yellow to orange Smell: Initially some huge hop notes (which I even noticed when popping the bottle) and then a kind of citrus-y peach note. Taste: Light floral taste at first then a pretty dominant peach flavour that lingers. Mouthfeel: Light carbonation (pretty well exactly what suits the style), light-medium body that doesn't coat your mouth or linger too much.

Comes in clear blue or solid white bottles.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That's good to know because I detest regular 1664 and this doesn't sound too bad.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ecuador 2 - 1 Honduras, Ecuador wins.

Roche Negra

quote:

This was sold as the ‘artesenal de la casa’ beer at Brau Plata in Quito, but pretty sure it was from Roche Brewing.

Big chocolate flavour, whoa a stout with substance! This was a dark brown beer with a reddish hue that had a small clingy head and a chocolate, sweet smell. Oddly this stout was served in a wheat beer glass, a bit puzzling but all good.

The taste is what pleases most though. It’s a medium-bodied stout with a bit of chocolate, coffee and toffee all mixed together. Heaviest on chocolate, the overall taste is sweet with a enjoyable coffee bean finish.

Well balanced, better than some stouts I’ve had at home from Canada or the US! Almost as enjoyable as the tripel.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Belgium vs Russia.

Belgium
I'll save the "easiest beer to get and cheapish" for the last Belgian match (it's hilarious how almost all the sours on beer rate and beer advocate is American when irl that's not the case, they do some good ones but I don't think that all 20 of the best sours in the world are American. By the way The Mad Fermentationist American Sours book is out now, great if you're a brewer but also fun if you aren't as you understand in detail about sours and why they sour how when what and all the little details. Some cool photos of casks in the Alaskan night and such too also if you're a fan of Sours I recommend Wild Brews aswell it's the more Belgian centric one. Both are great though).

I decided to go with a good brewery, it's easier then some of the Belgian sours to get ahold of. Cantillon. I'm guessing most people have had their peach, apricots (fun fact, best way to make peach beer is to use apricots. The flavour stays in the beer, just using peaches isn't great), strawberry, cherry and plain lambics or had some sort of fruit lambic with those fruits. So I'm going with something else.

Vigneronne (Brewed by Cantillon) 5%.
Have some :words: here about it.

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Vigneronne is a blending muscat grapes and lambic, the brewers and beer merchants produced the "druivenlambik" (grapes lambic). White grapes soaked in lambic. The fructose, which abounds in these fruits, enables us to make a beer which is more mellow than the Gueuze or the other fruit beers. The spontaneous fermentation, the ageing in the barrels for several years and the addition of grapes make it a distant cousin of certain white wines. Changed name from Druivenlambik in 1987.

Pours cloudy yellow to amber. Aroma is sour, herbal, champagne, citrus, dry, brett, hay and some grapes when you get a good sniff. Taste is citrus sour. Not so much vinegar (still some), but more in the dry grape fruit peel way. Vinous grape notes, but not as much champagne as in the aroma, amongst others because of the rather low carb.

Russia
Beer market in Russia is tanking at the moment, so many good time to get some discount Russian beer? Who knows. One of the reasons may be its classed as alcohol now, as well as the Ukraine clusterfuck and other political stuff. But this is football beer world cup, let's ignore that for now.

Permskoye Gubernskoye (Brewed by Perm Brewery but I think they have connections with :hitler: Anheuser-Busch :hitler:) 5.2%

Type: Pale lager
Most Like: Sapporo

A European pale lager, Guber is on the tipsier side of Russian beers with a 5.2% ABV, and a bright bitter taste. The beer was first birthed at the Perm Brewery, which is located mad deep into the mountains of Russia... much like a Yet

Fluo fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 22, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Fluo are you actually drinking any of these beers or just posting about them

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff posted:

Fluo are you actually drinking any of these beers or just posting about them

Yes, yes I am.

Only ones I'm not really drinking are some of the South American and African ones cause they're a bastard to get my hands on at such short notice.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

spankmeister posted:

That's good to know because I detest regular 1664 and this doesn't sound too bad.

There's better witbiers out there but for a "cheap and easy to get your hands on French beer" its one of the better ones.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

Yes, yes I am.

Only ones I'm not really drinking are some of the South American and African ones cause they're a bastard to get my hands on at such short notice.

Just a suggestion, how about a video review feauring you taking a sip then giving your thoughts on the beer

It'd be a real winner

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff posted:

Just a suggestion, how about a video review feauring you taking a sip then giving your thoughts on the beer

It'd be a real winner

Is this a trap?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Fluo posted:

There's better witbiers out there but for a "cheap and easy to get your hands on French beer" its one of the better ones.

Yes I'll try it out next time I'm in France, I generally don't seek out French beers because well, it's not exactly what they're known for is it?
But when I'm there I avoid Kronenbourg like the plague and drink foreign (to France) beers. There's a tax on imported beers there or something I think.

All that being said, I had some nice local brews in Nantes when I was there. Can't for the life of me remember what they were though.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

Is this a trap?

I'll do a guest one for the last australia match with a video with me taste testing and drinking a delicious Fosters Radler

Fluo
May 25, 2007

spankmeister posted:

Yes I'll try it out next time I'm in France, I generally don't seek out French beers because well, it's not exactly what they're known for is it?
But when I'm there I avoid Kronenbourg like the plague and drink foreign (to France) beers. There's a tax on imported beers there or something I think.

All that being said, I had some nice local brews in Nantes when I was there. Can't for the life of me remember what they were though.

It's sold outside of France too like in Britain, its just... even the choice I'd rather have a proper Belgian witbier. It's like Blue Moon if it was brewed in France.

And yeah their tax on imported beers is pretty high, France are infamous for their protectionism policy. They're more of a wine and spirit country like Italy, Spain, Portugal etc. But there is little odd good beers that come out of them now adays. :D

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff posted:

I'll do a guest one for the last australia match with a video with me taste testing and drinking a delicious Fosters Radler

I'm going to have to work out which one. I'll think about doing a British, Belgian or American as they're the more fun ones for the last game but got to work out if my webcam can record. :D

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm having a Rochefort 8 for tonights match btw. :yum:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

I'm going to have to work out which one. I'll think about doing a British, Belgian or American as they're the more fun ones for the last game but got to work out if my webcam can record. :D

Do you have a poverty phone?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff posted:

Do you have a poverty phone?

No I got a Samsung Galaxy 5 but it'd be shakey cam trying to open the bottle with one hand and such cause you can't really hold it up right with no hands.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

spankmeister posted:

I'm having a Rochefort 8 for tonights match btw. :yum:

:yum:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Fluo posted:

No I got a Samsung Galaxy 5 but it'd be shakey cam trying to open the bottle with one hand and such cause you can't really hold it up right with no hands.

Buy an Appel I Phone or an Appel Mc Book.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

id rather not

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Just put it on a stand and point it at yourself

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff posted:

Just put it on a stand and point it at yourself

i was going to do it ashen style cause its about the beer and not me

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

i was going to do it ashen style cause its about the beer and not me

Imo it should be something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXKU-Df0Znw

I want to see you open the bottle, I want to see you poor the beer, I want to see the look in your eyes as you raise the glass to your lips and take that first taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Taff posted:

Imo it should be something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXKU-Df0Znw

I want to see you open the bottle, I want to see you poor the beer, I want to see the look in your eyes as you raise the glass to your lips and take that first taste

I'm going to have to come back to you on this.

• Locked thread