Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fluo posted:

Welcome Mexico's classic best seller, Corona Extra.

I just drink Tecate when I want cheap Mexican beer. It's better than Corona, and half the cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fluo posted:

How is Tecate anyway? Its one of the mexican lagers I haven't tried.

It's cheap and kind of lovely. Just less lovely than Corona.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I just spent almost 2 weeks in Ebisu, their local lager definitely gets the job done. Probably tricky to find outside of Japan though. Saporro black wasn't bad, but Yebisu was better.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ABen posted:

Weihenstephaner is the best beer in the world, so that's fine. But I lived in Seattle for the past 3 or 4 years, and I definitely got very sick of the "all of the hops, all of the time" mindset. And I really liked the stuff (IPAs) - to a degree. Also, not a big fan of double/Imperial IPAs. A bit too hoppy. Give me a Helles any day and I'll be happy, though.

IPA has its place, but it's not the end all/be all of beer.

Imperial IPAs and the like go really well with something spicy as poo poo, drinking them alone is rough. Since you lived in Seattle you probably are familiar with the 7stars szechuan place, something like Snoqualmie Falls IPA goes great with the peppercorns from that place.

I tend to just drink regular ales like Manny's though, because when I'm out I want to drink a gallon of beer, not 3 pints.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fluo posted:

I avoided Old Speckled Hen because from American friends who have tried it, it's always skunked by the time it gets to them because of the UV light (cause they're in clear bottles). I guess if you got hold of some cans it'd be nice though. :)

I've only seen it in a keg/cask here, I didn't know it came in bottles. Depending upon how popular it is though, the lines can get really nasty and make it taste like rear end.

• Locked thread