Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

ephex posted:

Becks is a nice beer.
I mean, not as nice as literally every single other beer from Germany, but still leagues above the piss the English or the Yanks are calling beer.

nice trolling.

Beck's is pretty terrible, at least by the time it hits the States, but i drink the hell out of Weihenstephaner lager, Prof Fritz Briem 1809 Beriner Weisse, and Leipziger Gose. sitting next to the Rhein on a spring day with a fresh Kolsch is hard to beat, but that's not something i'll get to do again anytime soon.

vaginal culture posted:

Negra Modelo is a fuckin sick beer

i wouldn't pick it over an actual German lager, but it's a decent beer that's miles beyond any bullshit light/American adjunct lager like Corona, Dos Equis, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

decent Italian beer is just so damned expensive, but i might have to snag a Verdi Imperial Stout and some Fuller's ESB on the way home from work...

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

For some reason I feel this thread would have been better with Cheeses.

and quite a bit more difficult, i think

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I'm in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina which is a pretty fake and poo poo city but all I'm doing all day is getting drunk on the beach and then walking the 200 yards to the bar down the street from my house.

find some Westbrook, man, they make good beer

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

SeaTard posted:

I've only seen it in a keg/cask here, I didn't know it came in bottles. Depending upon how popular it is though, the lines can get really nasty and make it taste like rear end.

it comes in cans, too!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

I have friends who prefer skunky Heineken from the bottle, so yeah, people like what they like I guess

plenty of people acquired their taste for beer by drinking skunked poo poo from clear or green bottles, therefore that's what beer is supposed to taste like for them. i've literally witnessed a dude send back a draft Heineken because it didn't "taste right."

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jun 21, 2014

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Hegay posted:

some mikkeller

but the Danes aren't in the tournament...?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

so you obviously don't care about the theme. fair enough.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Fluo posted:

Can you? I'm running out of German breweries / styles to drink.

Bayerischer Bahnhof Original Leipziger Gose

i drank some Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold while cackling at Brazilian ineptitude and tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

its coming home

/end thread

• Locked thread